Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Internal Exception: java.net.SocketException: Connection Reset

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by AskTaco, Aug 13, 2024.

Tags:
  1. AskTaco

AskTaco Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hey, I am confident quite a few people are getting kicked with the title as the reason. At least for me I get kicked whenever I am in a raid or waiting for a world event to queue. I've tried a few things like using different launchers ( forge, fabric, feather, lunar, badlion ), closing other applications on my computer (ie chrome, discord ), and just sitting still and doing nothing, but nothing seems to fix the issue.

Does anyone have a solution or are we going to be stuck with this for the foreseeable future?

EDIT: Tried a few more things that don't help, playing on vanilla, play on all verisons available from 1.21.1 - 1.12.2. As a bonus I now get kicked whenever, not just in raids or world events!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2024
    Gogeta, Elysium_, Erikon and 3 others like this.
  2. Abarius

Abarius Newbie Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Same thing has been happening to me. Been trying to tweak different settings and making sure all drivers are updated but no dice.

3. LargeSteven

LargeSteven Travelled Adventurer

Yeah same here, pls fix

4. NxtMiner

NxtMiner Travelled Adventurer

wynncraft is just unplayable for me right now. Its either i get kicked for the reason you say or it just lags so bad that i can barely cast spells.
    Hopefully they will fix it soon because its annoying af

5. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    would you guys mind running a MTR (https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/) to play.wynncraft.com for about a minute when you're ACTIVELY experiencing this lag, and DM it to me (in private, don't post the output in public) on the forums?

6. Kt0t0_

Kt0t0_ Travelled Adventurer

VPN helped me get rid of lags

7. HcfGo

HcfGo Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    came here to say i have the same issue. I want to add some things here for salted that are worth mentioning. For most people with the issue, it is specifically on the sending packet channel and not the receiving packet channel. We can still see everything around us moving (mobs players etc.) however, we can no longer send packets to the server. On our light bender classes we see our orbs just floating there away from us frozen and unable to send our spells. The disconnect follows about 20 to 25 seconds later with no keep alive packet being able to make it to the server. I have a theory that the issue lies with the proxy channel or hops between wynncraft and affected players. I also want to tell you salted, this bug is affecting 5-10% of your players based on the information I gathered from people chatting in discord and me kinda just going around and seeing if people are affected.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  8. Lotnest

Lotnest Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A VPN connection fixes this problem, it's not the proper solution, of course, but a temporary one.

9. Abarius

Abarius Newbie Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I have tried using VPN's but it does not seem to work for me

10. 2001maxi

2001maxi Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Are you using a VPN and connecting to the USA or just to your country? I have the same issue.
    Which VPN provider are you using?

11. HcfGo

HcfGo Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    a VPN fixed the issue for me. you have to switch vpn servers on your vpn until your traffic gets routed through the firewall that isnt having the issues.

12. Txkagi

Txkagi Skilled Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't have a VPN so I can't use the existing workaround method.

Just commenting here to say that I am having the exact same issue.

I started playing Wynncraft many years ago with some friends but decided to start another save since the Rekindled update released.

However, I'm able to play in maybe 1 hour increments before I can no longer send packets, only receive them (thus everything is moving and whatnot but I cannot move).

Really hoping this issue gets resolved soon. Glad to see Salted active in this post, makes me hope that this issue is being seriously worked on.

13. adam03h

adam03h Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    where can i DM u since you have dms turned off on discord

14. EZIOIO

EZIOIO Travelled Adventurer

this annoying bug kept happening to me too and it was exactly when anni was happening that made me really mad as i missed 3 annis cuz of this please fix this bug it makes the game unplayable

15. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    on the forums, like he said

16. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    we've pushed multiple performance fixes yesterday, and while there's still more to do, do you guys feel any differences today?

17. adam03h

adam03h Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    i havent had as much today as the past week but some of the people i raided with today had some issues still but still far less than the past week yeh

18. crazydeadpool247

crazydeadpool247 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    there is a free vpn called proton you can use that has helped people with a lot of these issues

19. EZIOIO

EZIOIO Travelled Adventurer

what are the chances i end up seeing u here

20. Sarmat

Sarmat Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    If you ever used hamachi, this could be the source of the problem. It changes config of your network even long after it was uninstalled.
    Here's some potential solutions for the issue: www (dot) followchain (dot) org/connection-reset-minecraft/