Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Aren’t some endgame mobs busted already?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by starx280, Jul 18, 2024.

1. starx280

starx280 The boy who cried lunar VIP

Minecraft:
    I use witness church as a baseline to test my builds, as in the builds have to have enough survivability to operate inside the church (not chipping away at them from the door)

I took a year hiatus from Wynn because of certain reasons, and I noticed that the majority of the mobs seem to hit a lot harder, so much so that 50k ehp 30k ehp no agility builds with ok damage are struggling. Most builds I see on the forums are sub 20k ehp but they focus on damage, for reference.

I consider the mobs in the church akin in power to those found in the main challenges in the game, (endgame raids, qira, LI, etc) and with rekindled world around the corner buffing already strong mobs like this massively…

Isn’t this a cause for concern?

BrokenRealities likes this.
  2. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Grind mobs are significantly stronger than their normal mob counterparts. They use different stat scaling and thus have significantly more health and damage than other mobs at that level. Witness Church will likely be very difficult to do solo, incentivizing teamwork through parties

starx280 likes this.
  3. starx280

Minecraft:
    Thank you for the reply,

But what I’ve been trying to allude to was that already strong-as-you-described mobs like those in witness church, got noticibly buffed (from comparative testing with the same builds that did fine in early witness church but seemed to struggle with the late version for church, in which players even got MASSIVELY BUFFED from spellbound) in someway between The Silent Expanse update and the present, and soon are going to be astronomically buffed again with the coming of Rekindled World.

4. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As I said, you'll likely need a party in 2.1, which I personally think is for the better.

starx280 likes this.
  5. starx280

Minecraft:

I fail to see why that is for the better.. at all.. but that’s another discussion.

What I’m trying to say is that there are mobs gangs like that in which players have to face alone. Teammates won’t be able to save you all the time, but then again you shouldn’t have to be forced to bring teammates to something like this either. Is there a problem with people who just want to play the game alone?

BrokenRealities, Melkor and Elytry like this.
  6. Truei

Truei Acrobat Sweat

Guild:
    church is a grind spot, you're meant to be there with multiple people

Deusphage and starx280 like this.
  7. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I tested church with trapper on beta (ignis spell spam build).
    Fighting solo was fairly easy, no need for consumables or even camping outside the structure.

starx280 likes this.
  8. starx280

Minecraft:
    I see how that it possible with a health sustain mythic and damage and cc out the wazoo, but how about for something like a fallen, acolyte, or acrobat that has no access to mythics or really expensive items? (in other words something that the average joe could manage)

I’ve found that all of the above struggle inside the church, from trials I’ve done over the course of months.
    What I’m trying to get through to y’all is that the difficulty level of doing witness church alone is soon to be comparable the baseline difficulty of most endgame content (raids, Qira, LI in 2.1)

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  9. Dracon95

Dracon95 Skilled Adventurer

acro could run sawtooth

starx280 likes this.
  10. WitherHall

WitherHall Travelled Adventurer

I used acro with morph and I was just fine

starx280 likes this.
  11. starx280

Minecraft:
    I looked into the acro sawtooth build:

https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...11111L1Q1g00001004fC0V0z0E0507030-1Tl7rgOlTU1

Decent damage, nice ele defs and 32k no agil 59k agil bulk when sp is split between def and agil which is really solid. Weightless is dummy good as well so 40mr is plenty to work with.

The problem here is health sustain though: 400 base hpr isn’t much in the face numerous shotgun and minigun mobs (the volatile glowbulb cores, toxic spewers and the optical zeppelin)

The acro build I was running almost had as much bulk and damage but had much better life sustain yet its survivability was still up to luck with all the projectiles and sheer quantity of mobs around.

Mostly I get bursted down to 3k mid-air and I have to turn tail for the door, and sometimes I’m able to survive for 4 minutes until doing the same.

Point is, there is no consistent survival.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2024
  12. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    I second this concern, as 2.1 seems to be generally nerfing builds (reducing skill points from items and removing skill point tomes as well as the mythic nerfs and more) and a lot of mobs, especially the harder ones, are getting buffed and increased in difficulty. The game’s not necessarily easy right now and most builds won’t have above 50k ehp without having really low dmg before 2.1, let alone after.

also what’s the reasoning for it being better to have to be in a party to do content in 2.1? I don’t have any irl friends that play wynn, so content being balanced around being in a party is kinda a problem for players like me who would prefer to play solo that joining up with randoms.

BrokenRealities and starx280 like this.
  13. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's always been better to be in a party when grinding. I didn't say doing content, because I was talking about grind spots specifically. Normal mobs are not scaled with a group in mind, they're designed with a single person playing in mind.

The only piece of 'content' balanced around a party that you can even physically do solo is grind spots. You cannot do Raids alone anyways.
    I would argue that this is a good thing. Just being able to turn off your brain and run the same loop of gameplay again and again ad infinitum and have it always and constantly work sucks. It's boring to just not feel like there's any level of engagement.

Earthbrine and starx280 like this.
  14. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    Oh I thought u were talking about general content not just grind spots. Nvm then grind spots do make sense to be focused around a party.

starx280 likes this.
  15. starx280

Minecraft:
    Sorry if it feels like I’m always on your case, but I strongly disagree.

If anything, finding the method to counter something deemed ridiculously hard like witness church seems exhilarating and gratifying, like solving a formula or a hard question on a test. If there is no answer.. it just feels empty and pointless, for me, at the very least.

Even if things are as you say, a static but difficult gameplay loop as bland as it is still sounds better than failure at every corner regardless of skill, build craftsmanship or grit.

But that’s just my perspective on this scenario.

16. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Another issue is that, even as a solo player, it can be really annoying to find a group. I don't think I've seen a group on the pfinder for Church since TNA dropped, and you either have 3 scrap and 1 spider parties or a scrap, waterfall, and a 2/8 herb cave party.

My point is, raid pfinder is decent - it might become really important to have similar support for grind spots if they're pushed further towards being group activities.

In addition, grinding in a party can slow your xp gain to a halt in comparison to solo or duo grinding, as all of the xp being spawned gets spread across 5 shamans and then the mage or archer gets 1/5 of the xp from 1/25 of the mobs. Parties make grind spots easier, yes, but also much less efficient. Grind spots aren't really multiplayer content - they're just really hard solo activities without a player limit.

starx280 and Ninja_VK like this.