Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Best Archetypes for each class

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Pigany, Jul 20, 2024.

1. Pigany

Pigany Overseer of Oink Haven

What are your favourite Archetypes for each Wynncraft class (or the class you main) and why?

BrokenRealities likes this.
  2. Elytry

Elytry Currently Spiralling (depression) VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer: All of them, really. Trapper ideally, though that wasn't really viable the last time I play
    Assassin: Acrobat. Flight. I don't like Shade or Trick (and I'm also bad at playing both of them)
    Mage: None of them, actually. I've not enjoyed much mage gameplay since 2.0. Lightbender would be my favorite out of all of these, but I don't really like it that much.
    Shaman: Ritualist. I haven't even tried Summoner or Acolyte yet, but I know I would get bored with Summoner and Acolyte would kill me.
    Warrior: Battle Monk + Paladin. Simply for the amazing combo of fireworks + whirlwind strike + flaming uppercut + sacred surge mwahahaha.

3. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My favorites are
    - Warrior: Fallen. I love being able to put out absurd damage, and even though it's bad Blood Pact would be one of my favorite abilities if it wasn't so buggy. Even though I currently play bonkadin
    - Assassin (my main): Acrobat. Flying is just too much fun
    - Mage (second class): Riftwalker. It's underpowered but time dilation is fun and winded is a nice concept even if the cooldown is so severe it feels like you're missing even when you hit
    - Archer: Trapper in concept, then sharpshooter in concept, but probably actually boltslinger because it feels so much better to use
    - Shaman: Ritualist is cool to me and I'll absolutely use it once 2.1 drops the frog dance change, but for now I'm playing summoner for the regen (it's important for challenge runs)
    Overall Acrobat is my favorite. Even before 2.0 I was pretty curious about stuff and did manage to get out of the map once. Acro flying just makes it really easy to fly up to the world ceiling and see the grey boxes all over the map's outsides, Shurikens are fun, and the features (esp. jasmine bloom) work really well to encourage you to play the archetype in a fun way.

Pigany likes this.
  4. Pigany

Pigany Overseer of Oink Haven

I feel like Arcanist is pretty fun and cool as well because of the insane mana regen and "meteor go nyoom" x1000 thing that goes on in most fights, but Rift is probably my second favourite.

5. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly I've had some trouble trying to work with Arcanist because transitioning from heal to mana bank just feels so weird lol
    Just like being really bad at timing it because it fits between cycles in a very different way

Elytry and Pigany like this.
  6. EZIOIO

EZIOIO Travelled Adventurer

My fav '
    Archer-none i despise archer but out of them boltslinger
    Assassin- was the first class i ever played and acro obv flying dont get old
    Mage-lightbender def arcanist is so boring u spam 2 spells ur life is over
    Shaman- def acolyte cool design concept and really good
    Warrior- if we are doing only 1 archetype then fallen cuz its op but with warrior i like fallen monk so op

7. ~ Hyacinth ~

~ Hyacinth ~ literal blockhead

Minecraft:
    YES I absolutely love the Arcanist! I'm surprised to see it isn't more popular. I've never had any problems with it.

8. EZIOIO

well heres the thing arcanist seems pretty boring cuz its just u spamming ice snake and metor and for most builds fpr high dps u require macros it also seems kinda bland + loosing heal spell also sucks like lightbender or riftbender is so much more fun and player friendly as well

9. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    For me it’s
    Archer: sharpshooter as it fits my playstyle well and has tons of dmg
    Warrior: battlemonk. I like fallen-monk and paladin-battle monk so it’s kinda just any hybrid with it
    Mage: not too big a fan of any of them. I don’t like losing heal for arcanist and the gameplay is just spam the same macro over and over without much thinking. Lightbender is better but no spells is basically just a melee build. Riftwalker doesn’t have too much on its own either.
    Assassin: acrobat bc flight is cool. Thought shadestepper would be nice, but vanish cooldown is annoying.
    Shaman: don’t have max lvl with this class but from what I’ve seen I like the concept of acolyte with the hp drain but having really good healing.

10. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    For me it's:
    Archer: Sharpshooter; It allows for some good damage with some pretty cool mechanics and it's a lot less spammy then the other archetypes. (i love trapper for the concept though)
    Warrior: Fallen; while fallen-monk is best I prefer fallen more for again damage and I love glass cannons as they make the damage dependent something you like "earn"
    Mage: Light Bender; cool aesthetic and it's pretty good with a few builds and whenever I play with certain friends the better healing really makes it more enjoyable so they die less
    Assassin: Acrobat; it's just a lot of fun to be jumping around like crazy and getting to fly. damage is alright. (trickster is close 2nd just cause funny)
    Shaman: this is my main and I love ritualist!! allows for a few play-styles and in general is really fun to play

11. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer: Boltslinger, it's just fun to rain hell upon your enemies.
    Warrior: haven't levelled up a class yet to enjoy it
    Mage: Lightbender, although it does get boring some times.
    Assassin: Even with trying out Acro in the beta, I am still a based Shadestepper enjoyer through and through. It's just so damn satisfying to get a whopping amount of damage from all the setups you've done.
    Shaman: Ritualist. No questions asked. Ritualist 100%. Only issue with it is Totemic Shatter imo making Mask of the Fanatic a bit useless but the other stuff (especially the new Frog Dance) makes it the best and funnest archetype to play as imo.

dr_carlos likes this.
  12. EZIOIO

yea shadestepper is satisfying as well but over acro? like can u even hit backstab on greg with shade lol jokes aside it is a fun archetype

13. That1DireWolf

That1DireWolf nyoom

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    as someone who uses shadestepper in tna, no

14. WhiteDove826

WhiteDove826 Travelled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Archer: Boltslinger. I like just shooting tons of arrows at everything
    Mage: Lightbender. I like the playstyle and the healing
    Assassin: Acrobat. Flying is fun
    Shaman: Acolyte. I like the healing and the playstyle
    Warrior: In concept paladin but paladin isnt really useful at all so battle monk

15. EZIOIO

how many runs lost lol also point has been proven and btw what build u use in tna with Shadestepper lol

16. That1DireWolf

That1DireWolf nyoom

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    with shade, maybe a 60% success rate? none of which i survive greg fight btw. with acro, failed like three times out of a lot and also solo'd orphion twice with morph blur
    i use heavy melee limbo and rely on mana steal and melee% buffs, offhand wybel paw for walk speed. i cant keep up with greg so teammates kite and i hit greg when he passes by
    every single time hopeless 3 shows up i forget the -20/5 mr completely cancels whatever mana regen i have and end up screwing myself over.
    no vanish = no gameplay and solo bosses are the worst thing to ever exist.

That_Chudley likes this.
  17. EZIOIO

why play shade at this point

18. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Melee shade is a lot better than spell shade so that I guess

Da Homeboi likes this.
  19. That1DireWolf

That1DireWolf nyoom

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    big number funny
    also its actually pretty good for general use, as long as whatever im trying to kill has less than like five million health or consistently summons minions ill be fine

20. EZIOIO

if people knew u were playing shade bfr starting tna probbaly would quit or tell u negative stuff one time i was using inferno trickobat or acro i forgor this 1 guy in the party was like oh inferno shade? and thne hes like why use inferno its so bad like seriously bro was yapping more than playing proceded to die first in the soul room or whatever and i didnt even die

bloww, That1DireWolf and WarpedForest like this.