Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Wynncraft 2.1 Environment/Terrain Changes

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ZiyiCrafting, Jun 9, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ZiyiCrafting

ZiyiCrafting Lore enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    These are before and after photos that I took from a GIF on the official Wynncraft page for the upcoming update, since the terrain was supposed to be revamped:

Mt. Wynn - Before
    Mt. Wynn - After

Decrepit Sewers - Before
    Decrepit Sewers - After

Saint's Row Church - Before
    Saint's Row Church - After

Bremminglar - Before
    Bremminglar - After

Nether Portal - Before
    Nether Portal - After

Maltic Coast - Before
    Maltic Coast - After

Detlas Suburbs - Before
    Detlas Suburbs - After

Ragni Outskirts - Before
    Ragni Outskirts - After

Thoughts on the new terrain update? Do you like the new versions or old versions better, and why? I personally think the color palettes for the new builds are a little lacking in cohesion...

Last edited: Jun 9, 2024
  2. ZockerCam

ZockerCam Travelling sorcerer. Master of Wind Magic. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have to say: the reworks look amazing.

But of course (as an old Wynncraft player) I have second thoughts as well:

-Mount Wynn looks more peaceful and less agressive now... I think thats ok
    - I really love the old decrepit sewers as I have fond memories with it, but factually speaking, the rebuild looks great
    -I love the new Saints Row
    - Bremminglar seems to loose it's character as a tribe village. I don't know if that is a bad thing or a good thing. The new build looks good though
    - Same as with decrepit sewers: I have fond memories of the old nether portal but the new one is sooooo much better looking

-idk about the maltic coast. Those rolling green hills we had until now look better to me. The lighthouse kinda gets in the way of this peaceful quiet atmosphere. Nemract needs a lighthouse, not maltic. The ship looks good though!

- the Detlas suburbs are getting a bit crowded. But I'm not sure about this until I look at it in game

-Ragni outskirts look better in the new version by a lot!

3. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think Mount Wynn is a massive improvement. I personally think it looks way too pointy as it is now, and I really like the broader volcano look they went with for the rework. Also, the foliage on the sides is pretty nice, if a bit on the jungly side. Most of the other stuff I'd need to see in-game to really get an opinion on, but that one stands out as something I've been wanting for a long time.

Earthbrine, AlleonVera, hmtn and 5 others like this.
  4. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't see what you mean?

I think they all look a lot better.

5. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, no clue what you're talking about with 'lacking cohesion'

6. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mount Wynn is way better obviously. I think pretty much everyone agrees on that. I generally really like the changes made everywhere else too. The Nether Portal has been getting more and more stylized over the years, so it's less "quality of work" thing and more "i subjectively think that this looks rad as hell, but could see why someone would prefer the older one."

Bremminglar is a bit odd, in that it seems like it's lost a lot of its identity, but in all honestly Bremminglar never had much of an identity beyond an vaguely-formed "tribal" aesthetic with little real thought put into it. Ideally Bremminglar's flairs would have been kept and expanded into a more pan-savannah one, but as it is sacrificing that (again, surface-level) flavour for more cohesiveness with the rest of Wynn is fine.

And yeah I've got no idea where the lacking cohesion thing comes from either. These changes bring a lot of Wynn in line with itself, though I understand and echo the concerns that the map feels as if it's getting a bit too build-dense for its size. Very few areas remain in Wynn with a true sense of desolation, which feels somewhat jarring for a continent that's been fighting an apocalyptic war for like a thousand years. Hence the feedback is: Even more ruins! We love to see ruins! Show us the great works of humanity, near-drowned under the unending tide!

But no, seriously, these are some incredible builds. Great job, y'all.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2024
    Earthbrine, dr_carlos, Jbip and 4 others like this.
  7. cabbager

cabbager Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    sad to see those little ruins in the sides of mount wynn (probably) go, but it is an objectively better looking mt wynn i hope theres some cool little stuff in the sides

8. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its previous identity was Vaguely Racist. Not as bad as Troubled Tribesman but still Vaguely Racist

9. Freigt

Freigt 10 years a newbie VIP+

Minecraft:
    forever hoping for the day when wynncraft can write a non-european culture well. until then i'm fine with bremminglar's reskinning.

10. Orbitrons

Orbitrons Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I find it a bit interesting how Saints Row has gotten bigger and bigger with each one of its rebuilds. Dont get me wrong, the new build looks significantly better than the old, and fits in way better with Wynncrafts current style. However, I do kinda miss the old and shitty little church from back in the day, even if I know its just dumb nostalgia. The new one looks almost too nice and grand for Nemract, yknow? But nah, great job by the build team on this one, I especially like the new Nether Portal and Mount Wynn.

Mistrise Mystic, Aya, Elytry and 3 others like this.
  11. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    foaming at the mouth, contracting rabies, going feral

("The Nether" was removed from the game & the canon a bit over half a decade ago. The Realm on the other side of the Corruption Portal is known as The Realm of War, or just RoW for short.)
    late response, but I have no doubt that we can do it well currently, the issue is having to dedicate time towards plotting, redesigning, and remaking a new iteration of quests like... god damn troubled tribesman.

12. Orbitrons

Orbitrons Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Shit sorry, old habits die hard and whatnot. Doesnt help that lots of stuff still calls it the Nether ingame

13. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Well from the image it seems that there is an overhang near it that could have some stuff.

Elysium_ likes this.
  14. Barrylowe

Barrylowe Well-Known Adventurer

Yeah, I'm glad it'll be gone.

15. Galaxias

Galaxias wybel collector VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the most amazing thing to me is that Mt. Wynn has hot springs now. I guess we have a geologist on the CT.

Earthbrine and Elysium_ like this.
  16. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I feel like most of them look better, but in my opinion I feel like both the bremminglar and Saint's Row rework feel a little... off? Like they're too generic, if that makes sense?

With Bremminglar the rework kind of just makes it feel like yet another village, like a Nivla Village 2.0 or something. It's hard to tell with just the one image though, so it's kind of just a wait and see moment.

And with Saint's Row it feels too grandiose for a town that's basically a rickety fishing village. Like, there's vines and shit, but if you scraped them off it'd honestly feel like a church fit for Ragni or Cinfras, while if you tried that with the original church it'd still feel like a tomb. The same deal goes for the bridge; the old one feels a lot less sturdy while the new one feels like an otherwise normal bridge that hasn't been washed. Honestly, this is kind of an issue with the newer builds in general; Gelibord also suffers from feeling too put together post rework.

Beyond that though, the new structures look good, especially the terrain changes with the Maltic Coast, the Portal, and Mt. Wynn.

17. Plasmatic

Plasmatic Play wynncraft? No, I'm just here for the memes HERO Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    There is a YT short with some different angles on the new builds if people weren't aware:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/LMeWwBPtmu8

I will also say that you'll get the best experience exploring things in person once beta has released. A lot of the new builds have small details that add a lot of character, but which aren't necessarily visible from the wide shots on the website.

AlleonVera, Gogeta, cmosier and 7 others like this.
  18. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m so glad that kind of thing was included, it adds so much life and makes it much more enjoyable to explore.

19. Deusphage

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It definitely has its own character. Id argue that it's old version was way closer to feeling like "yet another village"

It's an old structure that's existed before modern Nemract, part of the older settlements in the area that were far more grandiose and made from stone.

cmosier and Plasmatic like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.