Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 2, 2020.

1. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Uhh hey slight issue, what about players who aren’t keen on guild stuff? Restricting sp to only guild tomes means many builds are now literally impossible to use for a large portion of the player base. I’m in a smaller guild and have exactly 0 tomes despite doing my weekly whenever I’m on, and I’m sure that many other players are in the same boat as me

2. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Every time these changes happen, anyone who is in favor of said changes says "this needed to happen because the meta has been the most stale for x amount of time", seems like the meta is "most stale" quite often, so maybe the changes ain't that good if the "really needed" changes only bring the next most stale meta. I remember WFA being the meta and that was also the most stale meta we've ever had.

I'm not saying no changes to items should happen... ever, but this change especially doesn't seem to be creating any new possibilities as you claim, it only seems to be destroying them as you can't be as flexible with your sp now. I don't see any scenario where I would go "wow! Now thanks to the fact I have LESS SP, I can do this build that I couldn't do before with MORE SP!" So yea I don't see how the death of builds that required more skill point books brings new possibilities.

I agree that class building in Wynn is incredible, but I personally don't find it fun at all (just my experience, I know tons of people find it fun and that's valid). That's why I'm generally negative or skeptical of changes that change my builds in a major way because I just can't be asked to make new builds. And I already stopped playing once in the past simply because an update destroyed (once again) literally every single build I ever had at that time lol.

And I feel extra negative toward this change because I see no good reason for it happening, and I don't see how it brings any new possibilities.

Shovel, Gogeta, luckeyLuuk and 3 others like this.
  3. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You make a very valid point. This isn't really shaking up the meta (since the meta just uses mythic weapon tomes anyway). However, I think it's still a necessary balance change, which hearkens to your first point about "this needed to happen." You're right, stuff doesn't necessarily need to get changed for the sake of change if it is balanced. And I'd say I sympathize even more with your dislike for this change because as someone who has followed this meta, the real issues stem from dps bloat as a result of the multiplicative damage boost that fabled---but especially mythic---tomes give.
    But that doesn't mean that I don't think this was a good change to make. While it's not the first step I would've taken, it is, in my eyes, still a step in the right direction. Having the potential of 15 extra skill points (and at the very least like 9) is undeniably busted. It does allow for some cool combos, but it more often just removes barriers to builds that are unbalanced.

Last edited: May 30, 2024
    Ingo, luckeyLuuk, Dr Zed and 4 others like this.
  4. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do wish that this wasn't pushed to only guild tomes, purely because I dislike the idea of something with a fairly significant impact on gameplay being locked behind guilds, which I think should be optional for gameplay purposes. I'd rather see this appearing on another tome slot, to give more value to tomes that aren't as useful, like gathering xp for non-proffers or dungeon xp for people at max level.

5. Sabunori

Sabunori maybe a guild war enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    sorry for the late reply

so as you said, it maybe not hard to get them

but you know there are many kinds of guild tomes in wynncraft
    i think its hard to get a tome aimed for the build

also at least the guild has to prepare many terris fish boosted to collect lots of them

if i wanted to get a specific tome, i would feel it was bother to do wars for only one build

Ingo likes this.
  6. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Horrible change my morph idol build is now unusable, either reduce req on idol (Bad) or add more sp to morph (good)

7. ZorbynTheGreat

ZorbynTheGreat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Kinda sucks that people who disagree with this update will most certainly be the silent majority. Wynncraft to most people is about enjoying the quests, dungeons, raids, and the endless open world content. Stating that guild stuff is for a vast minority of players would be quite the understatement. Limiting the builds of any player who doesn't want to bother with a single niche aspect of the game seems needlessly discriminatory, even if it's only a minor limiting factor. Would it really be so difficult to just do monthly rotations of where you can get certain tome IDs so that people can get the ones they need? Even if they have to wait a month or two and then grind like hell, is that really such a terrible alternative?

8. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    As stated on the front page of the thread, "We hear the complaints about guild tomes being rather inaccessible at the moment and while we don't have an immediate answer regarding it, it's a topic we're discussing."

Ingo likes this.
  9. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
  10. Sabunori

Sabunori maybe a guild war enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    will be my bad if i misunderstand it

but wdym to remove sp from all tomes except guild tomes just bc its hard to access them

im confused

11. oeti

oeti Bad RotMG Player | currently wasting time CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    tbh even tho the Tome change would not rly hard affect me, i personally think having SP Tomes locked being a Niche ting (guilds) is generally bad.

and some1 should not be forced to engage with guilds, if they dont want too. just becuz of SP Tomes.
    hopefully the Item Team Finds a nice way to make it, so ppl can still choose to not interact with guilds if they want too and wont cause them to be more limited.

Hyped for the update either way tbh

12. Leswell

Leswell Newbie Adventurer

That too Nicee

Nickel likes this.
  13. Foven

Foven Praise the Moon HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm sorry but this change has killed my excitement for the update.

I recently returned to Wynn after a 3 year long hiatus and decided to rebuild all my classes from the ground up. As a long time player, I was excited when I discovered a way to acquire supplemental SP through tomes, recognizing as much as anyone that this opened up the door to some very interesting build combinations, so I decided to grind out both weapon tome slots on as many of my classes as I could, (which, for a non-profer like me is a pretty tedious grind). Now, two months after returning to the game, almost all of my classes use weapon SP tomes, and to see them being removed in one fell swoop like this is really, really disheartening, and it has tainted what would have otherwise been an excellent update.

As much as I am not looking forward to the pain of rebuilding my entire class roster, I'm more so put off by the fact that my last two months of grinding has been invalidated, as I've been pretty much solely focused on class building during this time. Keep in mind, its not just the tomes, which are already locked behind a quest, a raid, and a steep grind, I also spent many hours (and many, many emeralds) obtaining items for builds that were designed around the extra SP, not to mention the many TNA runs it took to get the right tomes. for a game like Wynncraft (or any MMO) to invalidate its players grinds with subtractive changes like this is really distasteful and disrespectful.

If SP tomes contribute to problems balancing the game, this is not the way to go about fixing it. I'd like to see an alternative way of getting SP to replace weapon tomes, or at least stagger the release of this change until after the update so that I can enjoy the update itself upon release, and so that we have to time to adjust to the new combat / mob changes before making the decision to remove weapon SP tomes outright, because as a player who wants little to nothing to do with guilds in their current state, acquiring guild tomes is not a viable alternative.

tl;dr: Please find a way to fix tomes that doesn't take away from the hours and emeralds I've put into strengthening my characters. I'd love to be able to enjoy the update without this bullshit hanging over my head.

Gogeta and Sabunori like this.
  14. RJJguyTheCarrot

RJJguyTheCarrot Carrut

i dont personally care cuz i only use mythic tomes anyways and im indifferent to the change as a whole. i hope they will be situationally useful so the tome meta doesnt become braindead double mythic tome, I like the current dynamic between the two and how sp tomes have their own niches in building despite mythic 99% of the time giving better damage (but not a huge deal if there's clear power desparity between mythic and fabled tomes obviously because its mythic so it's gotta be "better")
    any game balance change they make will upset somebody who overinvested into a certain side of it, i feel like it's just a part of playing an MMORPG. I fully expect some of my builds to get worse in 2.1 but thats okay because you can just make a different build. itd be a lot more frustrating if you couldnt change archetypes/builds infinitely but wynn gives a lot of freedom.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2024
    smugleafthesmug, FelixTape and Ingo like this.
  15. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So what's going to happen to all of the items with the Soul Point Regen ID?

smugleafthesmug likes this.
  16. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    "Scroll charge regen id" lol

Earthbrine likes this.
  17. Shoefarts

Shoefarts I fart on shoes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Personal opinion but if this is something that the team is already discussing, wouldn't it make more sense to hold off on releasing this tome change until AFTER you guys have an answer for it? Even if the answer is telling all of us to stop whining and just suck it up?

Sku, Gogeta, birdmade and 2 others like this.
  18. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  19. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Screen 2024-06-19 à 20.13.46.png

20. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you forgot strength and dexterity
    and if you're going to include (or fabled) i'd also include mythic considering this is a 600+ base dps spear

itay_ likes this.