Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Info Item Team Thread - Item/ingredient/major Id Changes, Updates & More

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Selvut283, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great to see this step taken towards fixing tomes.

Waiter1986 and FelixTape like this.
  2. BabaFisi

BabaFisi The Rifted Jack-of-All-Trades CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If this is to be the case, I think that guild tomes should also be made more available to players who don’t typically do Wars.

I’ve literally done my weekly reward countless times, and have exactly 0 tomes to show for it.

3. punscake

punscake Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    About the tomes: considering the damage bloat one would expect tomes to be changed to provide less damage in favor of more skill points, enabling more builds to be possible and current builds to rely less on boring stat-slap jewelry. I wonder what is the reasoning behind doing the opposite?

luckeyLuuk and Elysium_ like this.
  4. Sabunori

Sabunori maybe a guild war enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:

i think raid sp tomes(includes +3 TNA ones and so on) have a role to replace with guild sp tomes
    i mean we can use the raid tomes compensate for a build instead of the guild tomes in term of sp

this causes we will have to join a guild to get sp for our builds if the update comes out

so i'm sure the update is not absolutely good for all wynncraft players

5. QKhanh2308

QKhanh2308 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Honestly it's not that hard to get a guild tome. If you spend like 3hrs to cycle FFAs with someone at the end of season you can get enough for a tome. That's what I did.

6. birdmade

birdmade Well-Known Adventurer

i cannot believe assimilators tome is mandatory now

Waiter1986 and Ingo like this.
  7. BabaFisi

BabaFisi The Rifted Jack-of-All-Trades CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Spending 3 hours to get something that you could previously get in 5 minutes from any raid isn't a fair tradeoff. Guild Tomes should be more accessable to people who don't prefer waiting to get a chance at getting a tome for their build. And for all they know, they could get the WRONG tome, meaning that they'd have to grind for even longer, whereas in raids, it can take under an hour to get what you need.

I think the roles of Mythic and Fabled/Legendary Tomes should be swapped, meaning that Mythic tomes give skillpoints, and no damage, and the other two give damage, but no skillpoints.
    This way, it balances out the rarity of Guild Tomes, so you aren't required to join a guild to get the extra skillpoints you're looking for.

8. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Generally I support this change, but please consider two things:
    • Guild tomes are now even more important. Just so many builds currently are only a few sp off, most don't need guild tomes. Now people need a guild tome for those few sp. I hope they are being made more accessible.
    • Please change fabled tomes or mythic tomes so mythic tomes aren't a huge straight upgrade after this update. Same damage for both but some ID for mythic tomes maybe (like base 10% elemental damage or something, not too broken but worth grinding for)?

smugleafthesmug, Sku and dr_carlos like this.
  9. Solvay

Solvay Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This fucking sucks

Foven likes this.
  10. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's worth noting that the original plan of tomes, as IMs were informed and required to make them, had the power disparity between Mythics and Fableds even higher as an intentional part of the design. This hasn't changed and there's really nothing we can do about it. The rarity of guild tomes is part of why they stayed having skill points, though as I've mentioned on the discord and on the front page of the thread we're not just ignoring how difficult they are to get and are discussing about it. Whether change happens soon or at all is yet to be seen though. In no small part the change was done to combat SP creep..

Ingo, dr_carlos and Druser like this.
  11. PartyAnimal0513

PartyAnimal0513 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I don't see how the tomes were "broken".

12. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You should make weapon tomes reduce spell costs now then

Trekkie_Cow124 and Elysium_ like this.
  13. FireHeart27

FireHeart27 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you felixtape

FelixTape likes this.
  14. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    What a based change hehehehehe >:) No but for real its good d(^^

15. Verenite

Verenite Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    idol incident 2
    SP tomes are fine, the problem is ele dmg% and the stupid "add x% damage to mobs" stats on tomes
    the SP is fine, it just lets some builds fudge some SP here and there, the latter is the biggest contributor of stat bloat in the game lol

16. OwOflux

OwOflux Travelled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Why would you do this...

There is no point to doing this, as most players don't even use mythic tomes, and instead use cosmic or elemental SP tomes. The dmg increase on the tomes are not even that good as the Spell damage ones give bigger increase of DPS for a cheaper price.

Nice job making a update nobody wanted.

17. Stonefriend

Stonefriend Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Please also write why you changed something in addition to the fact that you are changing it. People are upset, as with any change, and part of the reason theyre upset is that there isnt an explicit reason stated

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    luckeyLuuk likes this.
  18. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Losing a few skill points stops you from coming back to an entirely new update? Yeah ok pal

19. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Every build I had for every class was using multiple sp tomes, so yea coming back to everything I had not working together might stop me from coming back

edit: and I'm saying "might" here cuz I obviously don't know what the rest of the update is going to be about, maybe it'll be fire enough for me to power through this change, but we'll see.

20. Waiter1986

Waiter1986 Supreme leader of delivering food CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've played wynn for 9 and a half years. Almost every major update has completely destroyed most builds way more significantly than just losing some sp tomes. (death of cancer/centipede apoc tierstack, hive weapons, str/dex changes, etc etc). Part of the reason i love wynn so damn much is the incredibly robust class building. Every death brings new build possibilities into existence, and experimenting and trying to find new metas is like the best part of wynn and its community. We've had the most stale meta in terms of items for almost over a year (with some new items, but only a few item changes like the recent healing eff ones) and stale ability tree meta for over 8 months. Having something to shake things up is good. (But mythic weapon tomes have long since been better than fabled, so this doesnt actually change that much for active players).

Worst case scenario--NO other item changes happen--i am POSITIVE that any number of people in the wynn discord could help you find quick solutions to make your builds usable again without much change.

Last edited: May 29, 2024
    Ingo, Sku, Elysium_ and 6 others like this.