Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What items from Wynncraft that you dislike?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by KaiserSpin, Dec 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KaiserSpin

KaiserSpin Well-Known Adventurer

Before I start, Wynncraft is awesome and one of the reasons for it is the insane amount of items you have at your disposal (almost 4K!!!)

With that many items the possibilities of builds are nearly endless and the sensastion of getting new loot on your first class is almost magical.

However, as usual, nothing is perfect and there are plently of items which could be improved...

I'm talking mostly about stats, but there are also other factors like lore and the way you get them.

So after playting in this server for over 5 years I feel the need to share my thoughts about a few items and hopefully get some feedback and others people's disliked items.

Without further ado, let's start with a choice that I'm sure will be a bit polemic,

upload_2023-12-1_18-14-45.png

Yeah, I really don't get Convergence, for starters it's a INT/DEF item but it has bonus for earth and thunder damage, which makes doing a build around those elements hard since the base reqs for the Spear don't usually align to those elements.

The air def stat and sprint regen is a bit random too since those normally go to AGI focused items. The reduction to third spell is great, but it doesn't change the fact the DPS for the spear is so bad.

I really tried bulding around this spear but I always get a really bad build. Don't get me wrong, there isn't nothing wrong with Convergence, but it doesn't feel like a lvl104 Mythic spear.

If it was a rare item or a lower level Mythic it would be mostly right, but right now it definitely feels underpowered. The biggest proof of that is how underused it is.

upload_2023-12-1_18-20-51.png

I really wish I liked this item, specially since my favorite subclass will always be Paladin.

However, I feel this Spear has too many downsides to make it worth the use. For me it all comes to the Major ID Divine Honor, when I first saw that an ID that would boost Radiance would be released I was very happy since Paladin always was the weakest from the 3 warrior subclasses.

The problem though is that the boost is simply to small and to top it up you also get a huge debuff to Bash which is the main spell for a Paladin.

I simply don't get the need of this considering how low Paladin DPS already is, there was no need to lower it even further. The negative life steal also feels out of place in a spear supossed to be used by Tanks.

Since I don't want to be completly negative about it, I feel the req stats make sense, the spell reduction is great (would be even more if Bash wasn't being nerfed) and the raw hp regen fits perfectly here.

Also, Veritas is such a cool name!

upload_2023-12-1_18-31-53.png

You might have realized I really dislike Divine Honor, specially since it weakens another item which could be great.

Also, what a cool name! It's so badass.

Another item for a Paladin, however once again Divine Honor ruins the DPS potencial. In this case it's even worse since there is a heavy -%spell damage stat, seriously, does the CT hates Paladin?

We have the worst DPS (maybe Lightbender ties with us) there is no reason to reduce it further, not when the Major ID on the item already reduces spell damage!

Unfortunally the fire damage % bonus isn't enough to compensate, which is a shame since this chestplate has a huge amount of HP bonus that would be a great fit in a tank build.

The requeriments are fair, but I do find the mana steal a bit out of place here. At the very least the minor INT bonus is welcome, but again, it doesn't make it up to the cripping spell damage reductions.

I guess those 3 are my most disliked items, what do you guys thing about them? And what are yours disliked items, I look forward to see them.

That_Chudley likes this.
  2. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heavy Melee + Quake could alleviate some of Lightbender's damage issues.

lol.PNG
    This thing.

A friend of mine found it, and was so confused. They told me about it. Like, why make your spells free and deal no damage. Honestly, it just irritates me because of the cruel irony of free spells, at a cost of no damage. (Yes, I get it's supposed to be an offhand relik for traveling. I just get irritated whenever I see it.)

inferno.PNG

This thing also.

I was so excited to find a mythic while lootrunning in the first few weeks of 2.0.3.

It was this thing. I tried a trickster build (bad choice), but despite big numbers, it didn't deal any damage whatsoever and I abandoned trickster. It looks like it deals a lot of damage, until it doesn't.

That_Chudley and KaiserSpin like this.
  3. KaiserSpin

Silent Ballet is really weird, but I can see it's use as an off hand weapon.

About Inferno, didnt know that it's DPS was bad, but then again, it's a very slow weapon.

Also, you meant aliviate Paladin right?

4. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I meant lightbender -- never played full paladin so I'm not qualified to talk about it.

KaiserSpin likes this.
  5. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

Convergence used to rival idol dps during upper spam meta but now it’s just useless

6. KaiserSpin

Which kind of build was that?

Also, why did it change?

7. BlueTheSniper

BlueTheSniper Founder of Blue Builds CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So true
    Heavy melee... even spell and tierstack Inferno are technically viable (just not as good as the former)

I HATE WATER ITEMS WITH NO PERSONALITY!!! Items include but are not limited to:
    - Third Eye
    - Seipodon
    - Riverflow
    etc.

The same goes for a lot of rainbow items and never-used mono-elemental tierstack fodder

I also hate items that at a glance seemingly have a bunch of IDs but in actuality resemble 10 other equally forgettable items with stats that might as well not exist because they don't do anything such as this one
    upload_2023-12-2_4-5-45.png

I dislike how BORING Cataclysm is

KaiserSpin likes this.
  8. KaiserSpin

Now that's a polemic opinion lol

Honestly every weapon considered meta gets a bit boring from overuse in my opinion. (Epoch, Monster, Guardian, Warp) to name a few.

Also, your post made me remember that I despise item with contradictory IDs like Revenant.

Rolling a good item is hard enough, we don't need those IDs messing each other up, just adjust the item so it doesn't need it.

That_Chudley likes this.
  9. Xellulor

Xellulor Lagger HERO

Minecraft:
    Silent Ballet is also good for regaining mana on ritualist
    Inferno heavy melee is good, probably the most viable in that playstyle

uppercut got a dmg delay against cci mobs(mainly Greg) which led to a downfall of uppersurf meta in 2.0.2? update iirc

Rev's melee ID is contradictory, but that doesn't really mess up each other
    you use it on items that doesn't get affected by the negative %melee that much

10. KaiserSpin

Thanks for the info on Convergence.

About Revenant, I gotta disagree, the negative %melee really messes up the DPS since it reduces base damage which in turn reduces spell damage.

If it were a negative % element damage it wouldn't be much of a problem, but as it is now, it's a very weird choice.

11. Xellulor

Xellulor Lagger HERO

Minecraft:
    i meant using rev as a melee piece
    but still, negative melee% doesn't decrease spell dmg...
    if that was the case then more melee% would buff spell dmg, which is false
    it would be the opposite, negative elemental dmg would reduce spell dmg

KaiserSpin likes this.
  12. point_line

point_line Well-Known Adventurer

uppercut used to have no delay on cci mobs, allowing you to spam uppercuts
    this made convergence a lot better than before, as it has low base but now tons of sustain
    you could also take axe kick which increased your damage by a ton

KaiserSpin likes this.
  13. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Climbing helmet because maro sucks and quest helmets suck

14. KaiserSpin

Very fair lol.

15. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can we get rid of them when fruma comes out?

16. Captain Flavio

Captain Flavio dead CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    a good few quest reward items have %hpr as one of their bonuses, but it's essentially useless unless you're investing in defense since most raw hpr comes from those more defensive items- and if you're already investing in defense, there are likely better options anyway

a few examples:
    hamsey's apron
    purified helmet of the legends
    sodeta boots
    greaves of honor

fire wire is excluded cause its goated (and has raw hpr)

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    cmosier and KaiserSpin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.