Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Struggling with Eldritch Outlook parkour? Use this! (99% legal)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by PzzmyTH, Nov 16, 2023.

?

Is this useful for you?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    37.5%
  2. maybe

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  3. No, the parkour is already ez pz

26 vote(s)
    46.4%
  4. No, I just fly and skip the entire parkour

8 vote(s)
    14.3%
  5. No, I still can't complete the parkour

1 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:

We're not oblivious. It just really isn't that big of a deal. This showcase is even pre-nerf, in which(as I recall) a couple of jumps on the 4th section were made easier, and every single level of the parkour was significantly lowered, so they're much closer to the ground and therefore a lot easier to tell the relative perspective of.

Here's a showcase of it post-nerf. While I have a build this time, none of it had any walk speed, positive or negative, and Windy Feet effects were not used.

And here's a second one where I've got 182% walk speed interfering with my momentum.

I don't get it. I genuinely do not.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
    DrGREEN likes this.
  2. ChrisWildfire

ChrisWildfire Wild and On Fire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - lives in a suburb for 3 years
    - a blind man who just moved in gets lost
    - "I don't get it. I genuinely do not."

Perhaps start looking at perspectives other than your own. Your reply only made you look willfully ignorant.

3. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Actually this video perfectly showcases one of my criticisms, which is how many times you have to stop moving and properly orient yourself. That's not fun, fun parkour should be fast or take you through an interesting and varied route (which a flat, invisible route through a black box isn't). By having to turn around so much, it's easy to accidentally lift your mouse ever so slightly so you aren't looking straight down anymore, which especially in the last two stages causes you to misjudge where you're standing. If some archer gives you Speed, the camera zoomes out for three minutes, making it even harder to see where precisely you are, and it lasts for three minutes.

Also also also and honestly I cannot believe I have to say this but: why not just add a pity exit? If you've been stuck at it for X minutes and/or fallen Y times, you get the option to skip it. Parkour isn't one of Wynncraft's most important skills (those being all facets of combat), so it shouldn't gatekeep you from the final boss.

4. Elytry

Elytry Poisonous Bristleworm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreeing with what ChrisWildfire said, there are some people out there who physically cannot visualize things. Visualize that. There are others who struggle with perspective as well. Just because you can do something does not mean that everyone can.

5. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    On a calmer note, you should check out this thread! Like what Elytry said, the source of these complaints isn't just from a "skill issue."

I personally find this parkour section really easy. There are times when I don't even look down before jumping! However I learned that not everyone has an easy time understanding things through visualization. Heck, there are people who physically can't visualize things in their mind.

The parkour has a really good concept, but I agree that it needs to be redesigned to account for more people.

also this is a really really good point

6. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Look down, keep it slow THATS THE POINT. You can’t treat it like other parkour. If your are annoyed with your own fov, then change it, or change fov effects. It is ment to give your mind a whirl. Try not speeding through it, it’s not that hard. If you need, stop and shift between jumps like a paranoid person. (That’s what I have to do often) Learn to treat it like it is. What is hard about it when you actually do it correctly, like, what is going to change when i see another persons perspective? It is going to take some time. If it takes 30 minuets, let it take 30 minuets. It’s going to be a hard parkour to begin with. It isn’t “locking the door” to anything. Open the door yourself.

J_Lo777 likes this.
  7. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I do not get the point you are trying to make here. Cool, you can do the parkour easily. So can I. That's because I've spent so long struggling at it and holding my EO party up.
    Stop using your own experiences to invalidate the experiences of others.
    Hard parkour isn't the issue. The issue is that it's in content designed for parties, and mandatory content at that. People shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes waiting around for a party member to finish parkour, and someone shouldn't have to spend 30 minutes repeatedly banging their head against a wall knowing they're ruining the experience of their party. That's not fun for anybody involved.

8. KaiserSpin

KaiserSpin Well-Known Adventurer

Expect a few members of the CT saying that nothing is wrong and people are just bad at parkour.

Clearly the players are all wrong and dont know how to play.

/s

9. Elytry

Elytry Poisonous Bristleworm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The hell?

Mardeknius, Elysium_ and Melkor like this.
  10. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know someone who is unable to do difficult parkour, due in part to poor spatial awareness (possibly due to having poor depth perception irl) and in part to a physical disability that causes repeated motions with their left hand (such as rapidly tapping keyboard buttons) to be painful if done too much or for too long. They already have difficulty completing some quests due to this, particularly if parkour is involved. I really wish people would be aware that not everyone has the experience, time, or physical capabilities that they have, and I strongly dislike the implication that someone having difficulties with something due to a physical disability needs to " git gud".

11. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The general issues people are having are as follows:
    • The fact that it's an invisible parkour to begin with. Sure, there are several invisible parkours throughout Wynncraft, though they're generally reserved for secrets like Necklace of a Thousand Storms or the ??? post-quest area. This is a forced invis parkour that you cannot get around when doing EO, and it's not a one and done thing either - you have to get through this invisible parkour every. Single. Run.
    • Perspective. This one doesn't faze me personally since I don't play on a massive FoV, but for others, especially on higher FoVs, it might be disorienting. And yes, I did this parkour both pre and post nerf. Fight me.
    • Post-nerf, pre-rework version of the puzzle was way easier, because it only had 3 sections. This newest iteration has 4, but the rest of the parkour was nerfed to compensate.
    As with everything, there's a legit and sometimes rough way of doing it, such as in this case "gitting gud" and actually paying attention while having the camera point straight down at all times. Or people just find cheeses for it, like what OP is doing, to make everyone's lives easier and to completely annul the challenge of an invisible parkour (at the expense of everyone not using said cheese, but then again the cheese is mostly to give the player an idea of where the platforms are without having to fix the camera at your feet, and between doing it legit and using the cheese, the only time save comes from cleaner execution).

For the record, the lootrun path cheese is legal as it is not considered cheating. Straight up flyhacking to bypass the parkour altogether (or glitch abuse), however, is definitely considered cheating, and you can get banned for it. See our Game & Forum Rules thread.

12. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    That's a good trick. It helps, but I don't think that it fixes the issue of this parkour. Not all players who need help with this use mods to begin with, especially if they're newer to the game.

13. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    Came back after a couple weeks absence to see this, and.....
    Wow, y'all are so dense that light can't escape you.

14. ShadowMage1

ShadowMage1 Seraph of Twilight CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Not even Orphion's light is enough to pierce through that kind of darkness.

Gogeta likes this.
  15. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Y'know, on the discord there's been an extended discussion about this in which a small feature was added that tracks your position, and while some people say it hasn't helped, others have called it a game changer, so.

16. tig

Minecraft:
    Uh, what?

17. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    They made it easier with a red dot on the floor so people know exactly where they are and where to be.

18. ChrisWildfire

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The problem still exists, but they can't really make any significant changes right now since they are mostly focused on the development of Fruma.

Selvut himself mentioned in our conversation that they recognize the complaints about EO (and not just the parkour) and are looking to make bigger changes somewhen in the future.

While adding the red dot indicator isn't enough to address the problem, it did help a bit, but not to say that it will be (or should be) their permanent solution to the problem.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    Elysium_ likes this.
  19. tig

Minecraft:
    I kinda figured that's what that meant, I just couldm't tell if Selvut (or any staff at all) was using a band-aid solution to justify this horrible parkour's existence.

Mardeknius likes this.
  20. ItsTikki

ItsTikki Shithead extraordinaire CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    as someone who has been in that exact situation you described, it is 100% a skill issue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.