Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Resource Pack Wynncraft: Fables & Legends Resource Pack!

Discussion in 'Your Work' started by Rythew, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Rythew

Rythew There is no war inside the Fruman Walls

Minecraft:
    So I may have made a slight mistake on my part. I was unaware that WynnBuilder had a cap on the amount of items it could display at once (234). However, there's actually 266 Legendary weapons as of 2.0.3 (unless I've mathed wrong). The cap thankfully does not affect the Fableds as there's only 16 of them. I'll fix all erroneous occurrences now.

Anyway thanks for listening to my heartaches. The next update should hopefully be out some time tomorrow or the day after.

luckeyLuuk and Captain Flavio like this.
  2. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Red Ballad - Version 1.3
    It's that time again. Fastest update yet, and also the most substantial.
    Changes:
    - Added Arbalest
    - Added Black
    - Added Cinnamon
    - Added Cluster
    - Added Conference Call
    - Added Deadeye
    - Added Empire Builder
    - Added Faustian Contract
    - Added Fluffwind
    - Added Gale's Force
    - Added Harwrol
    - Added Heat Death
    - Added Hellstrand
    - Added Hesperium
    - Added Ignition
    - Added Lazuli
    - Added Loaded Question
    - Added Overreach
    - Added Payment Day
    - Added Phoenix Wing
    - Added Plague Staff
    - Added Quinque
    - Added Rewind
    - Added Sawtooth
    - Added Silent Ballet
    - Added Sitis
    - Added Sourscratch
    - Added Tachypsychia
    - Added The Evolved
    - Added The Exploited
    - Added The Forsaken
    - Added The Nothing
    - Added The Visionary's Vice
    - Added Wick
    - Overhauled Morrowind
    - Tweaked Flameshot Hilt
    - Tweaked Panic Zealot

Some Notes;
    Holy mackerel, an even longer list. With this update, all Fabled weapons are done, as of 2.0.3!
    - Let's face it: the old Morrowind model was ugly. I tried to go closer to the default model, but make it more ornate as it needs to be in compliance with the item lore. If you still like the old model, unzip the pack, head over to the .legacy folder and replace the contents of the main Morrowind folder with the Morrowind files from the .legacy folder.
    - Flameshot Hilt was also slightly tweaked in compliance with the item lore, but Panic Zealot was changed because I felt like the crystal texturing was far too noisy. Please do let me know if you disagree with any of the changes so I can improve the pack.
    - It appears that the pack is kind of in an unusable state at the moment. This is not through any fault of its own, but rather the mods required. I have become aware that Wynntils prevents the name of the item from changing when a spell is cast, and without Wynntils the weapon model reverts to default. Wynntils (to my knowledge) is exclusively for 1.20.2 now, so that means that (as of now), it is either Wynntils or CIT Resewn, as the latter has not updated to 1.20.2 yet. Apologies for this, but as soon as CIT Resewn updates I will let you all know.

Fabled: 16/16! (100%)
    Legendary: 67/266 (26.3%)
    Others: 6 (1 /3 /2)

That's it for now. Updates will still continue, but probably at a slightly slower pace as I have other things to attend to.

Thanks for your continued support and (hopefully) downloads. See you all next time.
    //Rythew

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
  3. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what the hell//...

Quint likes this.
  4. Elysium_

Elysium_ Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This texture pack is amazing, keep up the great work!!

Rythew likes this.
  5. Rythew

Minecraft:
    If you have any requests for Level 50+ Legendary weapons, shout them here and they will be top priority!

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    Elysium_ likes this.
  6. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A model for Slider would be great! But honestly everything that comes from this pack is amazing so it doesn’t really matter xD

ChrisWildfire and Rythew like this.
  7. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Hey, thanks for all the compliments and support with the pack! I was planning to do all the Wybel legendary weapons in the same general style and palette, but I feel like all of the weapons from that altar are too unique to give the same palette and appearance. I am planning to have one or two strands of orange on each of the models from that altar, but the model for Slider will probably be quite close to the default skin, unless I come up with any other ideas. I will probably start work on all the Wybel weapons (including the rare Wybel Ivory weapons) tomorrow or sometime soon. Thanks very much and if you have any ideas for the Slider model I'd love to hear them!

Expect a very Wybel-themed update in the near future.

Elysium_ likes this.
  8. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can’t wait, good luck!

I’ll let you know if I have any ideas.

Rythew likes this.
  9. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So I just re-got optifine for 1.20.1, but it's not working :(. Like before, I stacked the packs so Fables & Legends is on top. Does this pack have version requirements or something?
    (Note, I have Opti-Fine set for everything custom, so I really don't have a clue why it's not working.)

10. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Hi, I've figured out how to make it work for Optifine, apologies for the delay. This means that the pack will likely be two versions - one for Optifine and one for CIT Resewn.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

So CIT Resewn and Optifine use different namespaces. CITR uses 'assets/minecraft/mcpatcher/...' but doesn't recognise 'assets/minecraft/optifine/...', vice versa for OF. OF also does not like when there is no complete file path to images or models. Having usability for both CITR and OF in the same pack would likely drive up the pack size by double. Hence, there will be two packs each supporting a different version. Apologies for the inconvenience but until I find another way to format the whole pack, this is the only way. Expect two divergent packs for next update.

//Rythew

11. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Borange - Version 1.4

Another update with a decent quantity of new stuff, but a lot smaller than the one before. Split into two versions: OF for Optifine (stand-alone or Forge) and CITR for CIT Resewn (Fabric or Quilt).

Changes:
    - Added Bonder
    - Added Braker
    - Added Helm Splitter
    - Added Island Chain
    - Added Lower
    - Added Lumina
    - Added Nona
    - Added Proxima
    - Added Return to Ether
    - Added Rikter
    - Added Slider
    - Added Stinger
    - Added Tisaun's Proof
    - Added Tremorcaller
    - Added Wybel Carved Relik
    - Added Wybel Fluff Bow
    - Added Wybel Horn Spear
    - Added Wybel Ivory Wand
    - Added Wybel Tooth Dagger
    - Removed all Mythics (Hero and Stratiformis)

Some Notes:
    I know the decision to split the pack into two is a bit annoying, but it just makes developing the pack easier, and also reduces the potential file size by about a third for CITR (but OF users still get the full glorious 400KB).
    I still haven't found a proper way to make weapon skins stay when casting spells without Wynntils. Sorry about that, I'll keep investigating.
    Mythics were removed as there are plenty of other Mythic packs, and also they didn't really fit in with the rest of the pack. You can find them still in the .legacy folder though.
    As always, if you want a weapon skin in the next update, just leave a request here and I will put that as priority.

Fabled: 17/17! (100%)
    Legendary: 80/266 (30.1%)
    Total (F + L): 97/283 (34.3%)
    Others: 1 , 8
    (Item list as of 2.0.4, as listed on WynnBuilder)

That's it for now. This will likely be the pace and size of each update going forwards, at least for the time being.

Thanks for the support, requests and downloads. See you all next time.

//Rythew

Last edited: Dec 2, 2023
    luckeyLuuk, Captain Flavio and Elytry like this.
  12. Elysium_

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This looks amazing!!

Rythew likes this.
  13. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thank you so much for making the separate versions

Can you do the boundless set? (Weps)

Rythew likes this.
  14. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Hey, hope the pack is working well for you. I was uncertain about doing Set Items, but I guess it makes sense. It's on the priority list, thanks!

Elytry likes this.
  15. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, it's working great. (Loving Blossom Haze).

Set Items:
    I just figured that they're pretty cool raid items that actually have lore unlike, other sets.

Rythew likes this.
  16. Captain Flavio

Captain Flavio dead CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    would be interested in seeing thanos legionnaire weapons, olux's prized weapons, and specifically locrian

17. Rythew

Minecraft:
    I'm struggling on ideas for Continuum and Recursion. They're too abstract. :(
    Thanos Legionnaire I could try to squeeze into next update, but Olux Prized weapons and Locrian are scheduled for 1.7. That's just the way I've scheduled it according to the levels of the items, but I could potentially move them forwards.

upload_2023-10-16_21-22-49.png
    upload_2023-10-16_21-23-23.png

^ The current schedule model as of now, but as aforementioned, this is not set in stone and requested items will take priority. I always move the starred items to the upcoming update, I just haven't done it yet.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2023
    Elysium_, Elytry and Captain Flavio like this.
  18. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hey @Rythew, FYI, Kahontsi Ohstyen has the Rhythm of the Seasons model, just so you know. (Idk if it's intentional.)

19. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Oh ye that's absolutely not intentional I have zero idea why. I'll have a look into it, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: It's because they both have a strength req of 80. To be honest I might just repurpose the RotS model for that spear, and redo the RotS model because I think it looks kinda like a weird banana.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2023
    Elysium_ and Elytry like this.
  20. Rythew

Minecraft:
    Hey hey no update as of yet, but progress is slow and steady. So far I've done most of the requests, such as the Boundless weapons and Thanos set. Also Elysium gave me some very useful help on the CIT files, and I am currently in the tedious process of rewriting all of them. Just wanted to pop by and say the pack is not dead.

Anyways, enjoy this Spiritshock.

https://imgur.com/a/66PFn5b