Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I HATE the new 'Content' Book!!!

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by JasMad, Jul 18, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JasMad

JasMad Skilled Adventurer

I logged in to play last night and when I opened the quest book, I was met with a horrendous mess. What on earth were they thinking with this new 'content' book?? Its SO BAD. It looks weird and doesnt fit Wynncraft at all. Its a jumbled up messy looking thing. And having to hover over little ugly pictures to see what they are? Get out of here!

I loved the old book! I like that you opened it and could just read what you wanted, it was orderly and looked like it belonged in Wynncraft. This thing is a MESS.

Also dont like that it shows everything. Part of the thing I love best about Wynncraft is exploring and finding things and area. Now they are all listed?? NOOOO

Plus, it doesnt even work right. Every time I open it there is a split second where I can see the old quest book layout before it switches to the new thing.

Does anyone else hate it?? It almost makes me not want to play. Why cant we have the option to choose which book we want? Or just DONT try to fix things that arent broken??

2. meef

meef Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    this might be a wynntills bug so i would get that checked
    but yes we all dislike the content book

Edith and JasMad like this.
  3. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Maybe the default sort should be for quests with the show everything option moved to the bottom of the list but otherwise it's basically the exact same as before but only with way more useful information and a better list of tools to sort and search. If it defaulted to quests only first it would literally just be a direct upgrade to the previous iteration of the quest book.

dr_carlos likes this.
  4. JasMad

JasMad Skilled Adventurer

The sort and search are ok, but you REALLY think this is BETTER than an actual book you can open and read?? :(

Ive tried with wynntillis and without. :/

Attached Files:

5. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yes, I wouldn't have said I thought it was better if I didn't think it was. Now length and difficulty are separated, quest lines are actually indicated instead of being mixed in, you can sort everything in a ton of different ways and it only gives you the information you need. Having the ability to open up an actual book to read is not only completely useless, it's detrimental and a pain in the ass to use. I've been here since the original questbook which was only a book and this is lightyears better than anything we've had before and actually promotes content in the game which people could easily miss because it was all hidden in sub-menus or not shown at all.

uzbuz, Tyralion and Dr Zed like this.
  6. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Since the Questbook before this wasn't actually a book are you sure you aren't comparing the new vanilla one with the old Wynntils one? What you described as the "old Questbook" really doesn't all apply to the old vanilla book so I am fairly certain you are.

Sg_Voltage and Samsam101 like this.
  7. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think there are major issues with the new book, but I wouldn't say I outright hate it. It has way too much stuff in it, which, even as someone with more digits in the number of hours I've played than I'd care to admit, I found extremely confusing and informational overload-y. I can't imagine a new player would find it useful. Information overload is a very real problem and it's a quit moment; if you feel like there's way too much going on and you don't know what it all means, that is a reason you might not want to keep playing. Even if you do, it's a bad experience and something that MMOs do a lot, but Wynncraft mostly hasn't. Caves should be removed from the book, or at least hidden unless a player toggles them on, since having a million caves both tells the player that content will be spoonfed to them (I mean, they're literally guiding you to where a hole in the ground is) and provides a substantial amount of the clutter.

I also think that the various grind mini quests should be hidden because as soon as you start saying "chop 31 logs" or "kill 5 wolves and bring me their heads" or something, you direct the player to a negative experience: a grind mechanic. Those shouldn't be pointed out to new players because they're not a fun part of the gameplay (better yet, they should be made fun, but this is a much faster temporary fix). Make them findable for experienced players but don't try to direct new players too them. All games have flaws (except Tetris, which is perfect), but most games don't try to show new players to them.

Having boss altars listed in the book is nice, while I appreciate finding them through exploration, in reality, by the time you actually were doing them you'd probably know to just look them up if you specifically wanted to. This just means more players will stumble across one without a real expectation of what it is, at the intended level.

8. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree, but it is really nice how we can sort in so many different ways now. If only quests showed up as the default and boss altars and secret discoveries only appeared AFTER discovering them (but would still indicate how many are left), then the content book would be perfect imo. I used to think caves should be secret at first, but after doing 60+ caves, they’re really mini-dungeons at this point and half of them like Half-Moon Island aren’t even hidden like how secret discoveries are.

luckeyLuuk and Sg_Voltage like this.
  9. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    If only you could sort for what you wanted to look for and just not look at things you wanted to find throigh exploration.

I'm not saying the new content book is perfect, or even good. But there is nothing of value in this post. Don't give yourself an aneurism over something as dumb as the WC content book.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.