Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

2.0.3 Lootrunning Opinions

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by closier, Jul 15, 2023.

?

Do you like the rework to lootrunning?

1. Yea

108 vote(s)
    82.4%
  2. Nah

13 vote(s)
    9.9%
  3. I don't really care

10 vote(s)
    7.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Jesus. The amount of "only people who put in hundreds or thousands of hours should get mythics" in this thread is unbelievable. Making rewards for people who put in a lot of time is one thing, but reserving the (massively) best gear exclusively for them is, was, and always will be terrible game design. Heaven forbid casual players get nice things, without having to waste hundreds of hours of their loves or have fun. God help us if people with classes and jobs and relationships and hobbies outside of this video game have a shot at getting some of the good rewards! Whatever will we do?! Seriously though, if your mythics are so worthless now that it's hardly worth having them, prove it. Item buyer them. All of them.

I'm sorry to be salty, but I hate it when people complain about game features in a way that basically boils down to "casual players get to join the elite club I'm in and I don't like it" gatekeeping BS. Some people play games to have fun, and frankly, knowing the only way to get something good is to get lucky or grind like hell is the exact opposite of that for most people.

2. Ryycee

Ryycee Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    cope :tearsofjoy:

3. cars3n

cars3n Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Big agree. I think the shiny mythics are meant to be a replacement for the “elite club” but aren’t as effective because they have no real impact on gameplay, and people in the old mythic club aren’t automatically in the shiny mythic club.

I suppose the devs could have made all pre-update mythics into shiny ones or something because they took more effort to get than the new ones, or something like that.

Abberdine, Da Homeboi and Melkor like this.
  4. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I like the idea of the shiny mythics, but I agree, they could've been done a bit better. I think that not having a gameplay advantage is a big thing, because there is no way to balance that that doesn't make the game worse for someone, but I do wish there was more reason to get shinies. Having unique skins or more choice the bonus statistic would make them a little better, but that's a matter for a different thread.

Dr Zed, Da Homeboi and cars3n like this.
  5. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I've been playing wynncraft for a LONG time and the only mythics I got were from a trade/investment. So having mythics being a little bit easier to get really helps out people who were struggling to get them cause we don't have hundreds stacks and stacks of LE. I've got 4 stx in total and it couldn't get me a good mythic.

6. Shanaaro

Shanaaro . HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    i just got Alkatraz in a random cave while levelling so clearly making mythics more common is unnecessary

7. yadkari

yadkari Raw LE cant kill any Enemies CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I like this update for the most part, but personally, I wish they had kept the Mythic brand
    The 0.0007% chance attracted a lot of people, the joy of finding it was something you don't get in other games, and it was a good goal to save up emeralds to purchase

I think the addition of a Fabled weapon specialized for each element (like Mythic has now) that would have about 90-95% of Mythic's potential, would have kept Mythic's brand and allowed casual players to participate in the end game
    Sadly, it's too late now.-.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2023
  8. TehFancyFedora

TehFancyFedora Trying his hardest HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't really have any strong opinions on this update (lootrunning is a lot of fun even if it is rng boons based, don't care what the chance of getting a mythic is since lootrunning is fun, new trees are fun) but i think the most fun i've had in this update is watching people cry like babies cause their virtual networth fell by 80%. Stay strong brothers god bless :praying:

Abberdine, rockso7 and Dr Zed like this.
  9. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    This here is what people need to pay more attention to when discussing the new droprate of Mythics.

Rather than siding on "It's no fair that other people can be as rich as me!!! Nerf the rates!!!" or "You're just mad because new players have access to Mythics now you greedy asshole!!!" People need to realise that if Mythics continue dropping at this rate, noone is going to be lootrunning in due time. What's the point of making a replayable feature meant to hunt and grind for rare items, if the items aren't rare? Again, I'm glad that Mythics are more accesible across to board, but Mythics being TOO common just creates another problem. Because soon everybody is going to be shitting Mythics and there won't be any point in lootrunning at all.

10. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    I think some people are missing on a bit of bias, that would be good to keep in mind
    - Update is out -> more people PLAYING
    - Update is out -> people playing for MORE hours
    - Update is out -> concentration of people doing the thing that the update brought (lootruns!)

If we just assume (very basic assumption, but the idea holds) that there's ~600 more people playing for approx 2hrs per day on lootruns, there's 1200 MORE hours per day of mythic chances occurring -- of course you'll find more mythics drop within the community, if more of that community is playing!

A simplistic method of calculating whether mythics/lootruns are actually bonkers bonkers is just keeping track of
    total hrs played/mythics received on a server-level.

If the ratio between pre-lootruns and post-lootruns is unsatisfying to game devs, then, sure, it can be changed. Otherwise... yeah.

Melkor and uzbuz like this.
  11. Spakian

Spakian Wandering in your dreams

Minecraft:
    On a different note from mythics (of which I still never received a single one :p), I think there can be so much more to lootrunning than what is there now. Obviously I really like the update, and one of the cool things about it is that for me, I don't have to spend a lot of time questing or grinding, but I can log on, complete one lootrun, then log off and spend less time playing the game whilst also giving me a fun and concrete task to do a couple times a day.

One thing I'd really suggest in lootrunning is to add more challenges to complete. I do like the different slaying ones and the spelunking, but I think it could also be cooler if there were more non-combat style challenges so it doesn't get repetitive of just straight battle for half an hour. Doing something like a parkour or puzzle challenge just brings more diversity to lootrunning and keeps the Wynncraft essence (having balance like there is in dungeons and raids, although raids are still battle-heavy but have some parkour/puzzle).

Now with Mythics, I think that having more mythics is great as it allows less committed players to have fun playing and trying the game with a greater array of weapons/equipment with mythics. I do think that if people want more mythics, they can use shiny mythics as a replacement and make them the new 'mythic' in the economy. Obviously this doesn't do justice to the people who already own a bunch of mythics, but each change brings on its own challenges and maybe there could be a way to reimburse those people (not sure how they'd do it now, but maybe check if there are old mythics and then give some LE as reimbursement).

Anyway, I really like the update.

Melkor likes this.
  12. Melkor

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would love to see more non-combat challenges. Something puzzle-based might not work well I less it was randomized though. It'd have to be hard enough to make it not just the objective best option every time you got a lot of curses, but I think it'd be a lot of fun to include that.

Dr Zed, That_Chudley and Spakian like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.