Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Silverbull Shares must change.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SizofrenKedi, Jul 11, 2023.

?

Do you agree with me?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    44.8%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    50.7%
  3. Somewhat (Please write your opinion about this)

8 vote(s)
    11.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SizofrenKedi

SizofrenKedi Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Silverbull Shares is a piece of paper that you can use to exchange for store items like bombs and crates. Sounds cool right? It would be cool if it was not a tool that you can use for
    "Pay to Win".

It is a good idea to make store items accessible with in-game money but people can buy Shares DIRECTLY from the STORE and sell them to other players for 40-50LE via trade market. In my opinion, this feature must change. We can achieve this by tweaking it a bit and making it UNTRADABLE.

My suggestion is:
    Silverbull shares must not be tradable between players. (It is fine if you get them from the store)

Silverbull shares merchant (or something like that) should be added so you can still buy shares using your shiny green liquid currency.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 11, 2023
    Basic RNG hater likes this.
  2. MrX2007

MrX2007 Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Idk how it works since I don’t have silverbull, but there are untradeable ones too. So if the ones bought directly are untradeable (idk if they are or not) it would not be an issue

3. DrGREEN

DrGREEN wynncraft.wiki.gg is where its AT CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Silverbull sharing is caring (jk you’re right)

4. meef

meef Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    as much as i agree with you this is a big source of income for wynncraft and a forum post isnt gunna change that just deal with it cus they here now and we can just hope the money is going towards funding new updates and more servers for wynncraft to run on

Retathrah, CrxftyMaster and turtletop like this.
  5. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea no shot lmao

Dream, TheEpicCajun, Ronnoc and 5 others like this.
  6. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    I haven't commented in the better part of a decade.
    No. They shouldn't.
    I do not know anything about these silverbull shares, but I can almost guarantee you they don't break minecraft EULA. I'm sure they probably offer you some quality of life things and nice cosmetics and crates and whatnot that have no impact to gameplay.
    Subscriptions are incredibly important for servers, as opposed to just one time purchases, because servers actually propagate through time. That means maintenance costs, not just a one time woopeey.
    I love wynncraft: I've been on and off since June 2013. I remember that as soon as minecraft EULA was against pay to win, they removed VIP Town (no black horse purchases for you!). They are long time followers of non pay to win, and I say this as a 3rd party that also hates pay to win games.

Seriously, the closest thing I see to "pay to win" is perhaps the fact that different ranks can get more trade market space, so you can buy/sell more at once on the trade market. But you already have 5 slots as a free-playing player, which I find fine (if not slightly annoying, but emeralds are not everything).

Thank you for coming to my ted talk.

Retathrah, Dream, Ronnoc and 6 others like this.
  7. StevenPlaysMC_

StevenPlaysMC_ Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the new upcoming silverbull company building would be the perfect place to add a merchant ngl

8. N20colas

N20colas Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Hello, there is my opinion :

Sillverbull's Shares are obviously a way to pay to win for the players who agree to put real money in the game.
    But I think it's mostly a wonderful way for ordinary players to access to the store bundles when they don't want to put real money into the game.
    So, the player's who accepted to sepend money can earn emeralds, the other players can access to the store with their emeralds, and wynncraft doesn't lose money by giving players the option to buy from the store with emeralds instead of dollars, because all players would otherwise choose to pay in emeralds rather than dollars.

I think the Silverbull idea is really very smart and allows players to access the store without wynncraft losing money.

luckeyLuuk, Stag2001 and Elysium_ like this.
  9. turtletop

turtletop Well-Known Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    then why would you want 5 shares per month? burn the other 4 shares?
    you could also just straight up buy le from irl traders but this is a method that helps support the server and (kinda) makes the 3rd party irl traders obsolete (this is also more accessible to the playerbase)
    you wouldn't be exactly supporting the server doing this
    again, this supports the server and you get non-illegal le compared to 3rd party services that don't help the server at all
    quite honestly i think that this is a good addition to support the server (you literally do not need to buy this if you don't want to) and it gives good perks like hero beta

it's not required for you to buy it, it just saves time if you do get it

if you're worried about people not valuing your efforts in wynncraft then play ironman. you can't p2w on ironman because of no trade market
    ironman is just difficult so it'll be valued a lot (by those who value it)

10. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You're confusing the rank and the shares. The shares get traded for straight up in game cash. They are, as much as anything can be, objectively pay to win.
    (You get around 40 to 50le pre share.)
    Just because something is legal attend doesn't mean it's not pay to win. In the first place why are we assuming IRL trading was an issue because it was ban worthy? The issue with IRl trading is it gives an unfair player advantage based on factors outside the game.

Silverbull Shares don't fix that.

In fact, I would rather it be done through 3rd party sources, why? Because then it would be less common and accessible, which is the issue.

Icy and dr_carlos like this.
  11. nomythrilskin?

nomythrilskin? jungle fetishes broke my kneecaps

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, pay to win isn't as huge of a problem as people make it out to be for Wynncraft- wynn is a PvE-type game, so people being able to effectively buy stronger items doesn't actually hurt other players. Besides, shares are a way for f2p players to access the normally paid features such as bombs

luckeyLuuk and turtletop like this.
  12. rockso7

rockso7 arcanist enjoyer

Minecraft:
    If you can trade paid money for in game money, doesn't that mean that f2p players like me can access real money paid items via buying silverbull shares? I get that yes, I could spend real money for LE, but that means on the other end, someone is getting powers of "real money" via trading in game currency if they want to. It's like warframe and platinum -- like yes, you could buy tons of plat and get all the warframes, weapons, etc.. That also means completely f2p players like me can get insane amounts of plat (I got up to 1500 plat at one point, which, for most warframe players, is A LOT).

13. N20colas

N20colas Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    i completely agree with you, u r right

14. SrErfan

SrErfan Skilled Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They are aimed to replace IRL trading. Doin that makes most of the players to go back to IRL trading for a quick amount of liquid emerald.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.