Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Ability Tree Questions Thread

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by XavierEXE, Jan 23, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpellSpammer

SpellSpammer marked should mark the back of an enemy VIP

Minecraft:
    imma grab my entire Constructive Feedback Post on Crep Ray and reupload it here

My opinion on Crepuscular Ray
    Allow me to say that it just sucks. And in here, I will list out why I think it sucks, and how it isn't fit to be Sharpshooter's final Red Node.

So first, Crepuscular Ray CONSUMES your Focus to use, and you can't cancel it midway. So if you accidentally trigger it at full focus, get ready to say bye-bye to your well-beloved hard-earnt 7 Focus. Cope.

Secondly, Crepuscular Ray makes you float mid-air, yes that's cool; but like, why do you move like a damn snail when you're using Crepuscular Ray. Literally, I think the speed is equivalent to 50% speed on the ground. I don't have the exact speed you get from floating but it's genuinely slow, and it hinders your dodging. Let's also talk about the fact that you're extra vulnerable to control spells from enemies like Push and Pull, and since you're always a few blocks off the ground, you're gonna be further away from enemies in most cases; and that increases the strength of Push and Pull. I think this problem is especially clear in the Eye fight, where a bunch of projectile-spamming unkillable minions exist on the back of the arena, and the Eye itself having a Push spell. If you get Push'd while using Crepuscular Ray, hope you won't get blew all the way to the back of the arena, 'cuz if that happens, you're gonna get stunlocked until death.

Third, casting Crepuscular Ray, in most cases, is a DPS loss. I can get up to 250k DPS with my Spring build (somehow), but casting Crepuscular Ray at FULL FOCUS deals around 110k DPS. Literally 44% of the original DPS. I don't see any reason to use Crepuscular Ray outside of seeing the cool visuals or just being lazy and don't wanna aim.

Well, that's about it for the strength of Crepuscular Ray. Now I'm going to talk about the DESIGN of Crepuscular Ray. Currently, Crepuscular Ray consumes 1 Focus stack, and shoots out 20 projectiles per second. Don't you think this is a bit contrary to what Sharpshooter is trying to achieve? Look at Phantom Ray, it CONDENSES the original barrage of inaccurate arrow and makes it into a beam. And now look at Twain's Arc, which converts your melee attack to a long-ranged, slow, focused beam. Lastly, the core mechanic of Sharpshooter: Focus; you literally consume it to even use Crepuscular Ray. AAAAND now look at our main character... Why does it shoot a thousand projectiles, when Sharpshooter's original purpose is to be accurate and deal large amounts damage? Sure, the arrows home in, that fits the 'accuracy' aspect, but why the ridiculous amount of arrows? This honestly makes the whole ability sound more Boltslinger than Sharpshooter. Plus, Crepuscular Ray literally makes you FLOAT. What archetype would have that kind of ability? Freaking Boltslinger. Awesome. My man Crepuscular Ray over here having an identity crisis. While I'd be more than happy to see it being reworked entirely to fit Sharpshooter's design philosophy (and probably replace All-Seeing Panoptes as the Final Red Node of Boltslinger), that feel like too much work even from a guy who has never worked with particles/coding before.

tl;dr: 3 points on why crep ray bad and crep ray design bad pls buff
    oh yea why does hitting a homing arrow drop all 7 of my focus pls fix sob emoji

Druser and Je Hooft like this.
  2. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    the state of the game for the past entire half year is not exactly a good track record

3. BadLife

BadLife Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    Yoo the leaks of new patches really made me excited

Although I dont see the point of having lots of mana on lightbender, i can’t wait to see more leaks

Xavier really did a hard works these months, keep it up!

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
    FelixTape likes this.
  4. MooseWhisker

MooseWhisker Recovering breathing addict VIP+

Minecraft:
    Is there a reason windy feet and stormy feet still use potion effects instead of directly modifying the player’s walk speed id? Surely it would be a bit easier to understand how it works for newer players if they just gave a flat 20% and 40% increase to your walk speed (or whatever numbers would end up being).

Last edited: Jun 2, 2023
  5. VireVeonix

VireVeonix Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can someone explain to me why arrow bomb does self damage?
    And also why the long range archetype of archer is locked within a 16 block range of its enemy (phantom ray).
    And also why acrobat shurikens have the same range as sharpshooter arrowbomb.

FelixTape, starx280 and Dr Zed like this.
  6. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    There really isn’t a reason with the self-damage beyond nerfing the spell without reducing its damage. While I personally like the idea of some spells having trade-offs, it really doesn’t fit with the rest of Wynncraft's classes. Sure, Warrior’s corruption blocks healing, and Shaman’s totems can drain health, but the self-damage is really more annoying than anything consequential. I especially don’t like how Arrow Bomb’s self-damage conflicts with Sharpshooter’s theme of being up close to your enemy.

I’m unsure about the rest.

VireVeonix likes this.
  7. Ziemexx

Ziemexx Skill issued VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why heavy impact costs only one ability point while flyby jab costs 2 points? They are doing basically the same thing, I don't see a reason why one costs only 1 AP and 2nd one 2 AP

8. person614

person614 idk what im doin with my life

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dunno if this is an actual question but is bullwhip based off of terraria whips?

PlasmaWarrior likes this.
  9. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some small feedback from the 2.0.3 Beta pertaining to some of the Ritualist changes:
    - Haunting Memory is extremely difficult to hit on most mobs, and not really worth it as an upgrade for this reason. The throw speed and range are so low that it's difficult to hit anything that strafes, and if you have Chant of the Coward, you'll probably just blast any mob out of range anyways, unless that mob happens to have CCI.
    - Perhaps Frog Dance and Chant of the Lunatic should switch places on the tree? I find that Frog Dance is not that useful if you have Blood Connection, and can be more intrusive than useful in situations where you want the increased movement speed of the Coward mask, but don't want to be bouncing around uncontrollably after casting haul. It's also pathetic as an offensive upgrade, because the damage AOE is really low. If anything, I think Chant of the Lunatic is more impactful to the overall gameplay of Ritualist, as it encourages the user to get close to the opponent with the Coward mask before swapping to the Lunatic mask.

FelixTape likes this.
  10. BadLife

BadLife Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    My opinions to 2.0.3 Ritualist:

I think all the Masks should require the same amount Abilities as The Mask of Lunatic (which is 2), and I have some reasons to support this.

First:
    The Masks were having not really suitable debuff made them not the same strong when comparing to each other since 2.0, which makes them one by one in AT to prevent that you are able to only get the most powerful mask.
    But after the debuff changes in 2.0.3, the masks now has their strengths and weaknesses and being balanced well. And this limit now only lack the flexible of Shaman.

Second:
    The Masks in 2.0.3 are now having their own playstyle, for Lunatic you are trading your defence to damage enemies; Fanatic trading the mobility to defence and using Totemic Shatter to rapidly heal yourself; Coward trading damage to mobility while having Seeking Totem Following you.
    Their special playstyle makes them worth using alone, and with other Archetypes. If I can only play Coward with all the Masks, wouldn't that be a big hit to its usage and the flexible of Shaman?

These are just my humble opinion, I apologize if my comments are rude or not clear enough.
    Despite the many comments I made, I still like this change very much,
    thank you so much.

11. Lecrafta6h6

Lecrafta6h6 Skilled Adventurer

Quick Question on 2.0.3 Ritualist: since the Change to Awakend, Ritualist stands out from all the other Archetypes in the game, because it doesn‘t have a final Red node.
    I was wondering if the Archetype will get a new Final red node or if there is any reason for it to not get one.

12. PzzmyTH

PzzmyTH Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure that Fanatic mask and Coward mask got changed into a red node, so Ritualist has 3 red nodes now

13. Lecrafta6h6

Lecrafta6h6 Skilled Adventurer

Oh i missed that, thanks for the info.
    I got another question regarding shurikens tho: do shurikens get buffed by raw spell, raw melee, spell % or melee % (or only by elemental %) and if it gets buffed by any of these, how effective are they (how much does 1 raw spell, if it is the stat that increases the damage, increase it?)

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023
  14. FelixTape

FelixTape BRuh Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This isn't a question moreso a suggestion, but I see other people doing it so I'm gonna throw it out there.

Would it possible, or sensible, to switch Snow Storm and Grape Bomb? I cant speak for others but I think giving Boltslinger access to Grape Bombs
    would be a nice way to really nail in a lot of possible good Bomb Arrow upgrades to Boltslinger (alongside the addition of Shrapnel Bomb's buffs in 2.0.3)

This would give Bolt access to Grape Bombs and cheaper bomb II for the price of Fierce + Geyser Stomp, while keeping Snowstorm accessible to Sharpshooter (if not MORE accessible because you wouldn't want Grape Bombs with
    Sharpshooter anyway), and wouldn't change anything for Trapper besides needing Stronger Patient Hunter for Grape Bomb. (I can understand that this variable could be an issue.)

upload_2023-7-15_15-57-52.png

I would also like to point out another possible swap for archer that would be more healthy for tree diversity than the first; swapping Initiator and Decimator.

upload_2023-7-15_16-5-55.png

This change would no longer force a Melee Sharpshooter build to get Decimator, and instead let both Spell and Melee Sharpshooters take the abilities that would actually benefit them. (while also still leaving them fully accessible if you wanted the other too.)

This wouldn't change the dynamic for Trapper's access to this part of the tree either, as the abilities being switched are both fully accessible right after Cheaper Arrow Storm (the white node nearby)

I'm interested to hear thoughts on these. TY for reading :)

Enderclaw likes this.
  15. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some Mage and Assassin questions:

Why does Winded decay over time? (It seems to go against the ideology of Riftwalker.)
    Why does Arcanist have Earth mastery when it is about spells, and Lightbender have Water when it is about melee?
    What damage bonus (main attack or spell) increases Jasmine Bloom?
    Does Vanish end only duration runs out and after directly attacking (casting a spell or melee attacking), or after one of your abilities damages an enemy? (Example: Would damaging an enemy with, say Jasmine Bloom, end Vanish?)

16. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Not Xavier, but
    1. Probably to prevent people from being able to poke enemies and then run to stack winded
    2. Water's traditionally been the support/healing element, and the element that's representative of the forces of light, so Lightbender is water to reflect that
    3. Spell damage, IIRC
    4. Vanish only ends if you cast a spell or use a melee; Smoke Bomb, Jasmine Bloom, and Multihit will not break vanish as long as you cast vanish after they're active.

FelixTape likes this.
  17. Elytry

Elytry Fractal VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Thanks!
    One more question: What does IIRC mean?

18. BrokenRealities

BrokenRealities Undefined Variable

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    IIRC == If I Recall Correctly, iirc

PlasmaWarrior and TrapinchO like this.
  19. KaiserSpin

KaiserSpin Well-Known Adventurer

I would like to know why Burning Heart was removed, it was one of the best paladin perk and it make the class damage even worse.

20. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We're trying to phase out ID converter-style abilities where possible, as they're boring and overcentralize classes. Burning Heart only made fire damage decent, and Paladin has gotten other perks to give it extra power instead like Sacred Surge, among other additions or buffs.

heleotrope and KaiserSpin like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.