Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event ❈ THE WYNNCRAFT AWARDS ❈ - RESULTS POSTED

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by WithTheFish, Apr 24, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This project is based on a previous one conducted by user SteelXAwesome back in 2014.

Hello, Wynncraft community!

In honor of Wynncraft's 10th (!!!) anniversary this weekend, I am hosting an awards ceremony to commemorate this server's accomplishments, both in terms of the community and what has been created for the game itself.

This will work as follows: there will be multiple different categories (all listed below) that you will vote for. The nominee that gets the highest percentage of votes will be the winner of that category. There's no requirement for voting at all, anyone can participate, and you can vote for whatever you think deserves to win that category.

Voting will end on 4/28 at 8:00PM CST, and results will be posted the next day.

Below are each of the categories!

Best Piece of Content
    Includes dungeons, quests, and raids.

Best Feature
    Self-explanatory. Can range from professions to even something as encompassing as the leveling system.

Best Build
    The best build that has ever been officially (nothing from housing plots) included on the server.
    Removed builds are allowed here. This category does not refer to class builds.

Best Item
    Self-Explanatory. The only restriction is that it has to have been legitimately obtainable at some point.

Best Secret
    Consists of anything ingame that takes a bit of effort to uncover.
    Ranges from secret discoveries to easter eggs.

Best Event
    Includes both community events (official or player-run) and ingame events like the festivals.

Best Feat of Strength
    What's the absolute craziest thing someone has achieved in Wynncraft?

Best Creation
    The coolest thing someone in the community has made; whether it's art, a thread, or something else.

Best Misc. Community Moment
    What's the most legendary thing to result from Wynn's community? (that doesn't fit in any of the above categories)

Greatest Part of Wynncraft
    What you believe to be the pinnacle of this server, and why it has endured for so long.​

------------
    Thank you for taking the time to look at this thread, and hopefully voting/nominating. For a minecraft server of all things, Wynncraft has meant a lot to me and has led to countless memories and new friends made. I hope this project can do it justice.​

Last edited: Apr 29, 2023
  2. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi maybe tell me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content: Hard to say my exact favorites, so here are each of mine in more specific categories:
    Best Quest: Feathers Fly Pt 2
    Best Dungeon: Despite it still being in a half-baked state, I really like CGG.
    Best Raid: tna

Best Item: Bizarre Bovine Plush

Best Secret: ??? Post Stage, it's honestly a great way to implement some neat lore thats not too necessary to fully enjoy the main game.

Best Event: WitFish's quest event cuz i won that (on a more serious note, probs gonna be the wynnic olympics or 2023 festival of the heroes)

Best Feat of Strength: The one I remember the most off the back of my head would be YY's spider build LI run. However I also remember one guy getting a lot of different classes and leveled up to 105 on each of them to rickroll everyone online. What a mad lad.

Best Creation: Honestly bit of a hot take, but Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG made a user I'm not too sure if all of you know called Salted.

Greatest Part of Wynncraft: Wynn lor (advertisement to join wynntheory btw)

3. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content: EoTS (rest in peace my love)

Best Feature: (the sliding puzzle in eots that was so much better than the lame-ass fortuneteller and dojo analogues) i like the item system i guess

Best Build: hot take but i love the temple in dernel jungle (and most of the region) from wynnex d. it feels really nostalgic and reminiscent of an early era of wynncraft, and it's cool to see that it really has endured

Best Item: Spearmint.

Best Secret: Gale/Ohms mystery

Best Event: 50 player EO will always hold a special place in my heart

Best Feat of Strength: King of Hearts EO (Crokee)

Best Creation: Wynntils definitely deserves to be mentioned, even if I'm not personally a huge fan

Best Misc. Community Moment: not sure if it counts, but seeing the official wybel plushie release was a nice culmination of a long time of asking

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  4. NotAFish

NotAFish An evolved jungle slime Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Best piece of content (also going to split it up):
    Quests: A Grave Mistake, Canary Calls
    Dungeon: GG
    Raid: tna
    Mob: Giant Rat (when Poisoning the Pest was still Thieving Rodents)

Best Feature: Item system

Best Build: Aldorei

Best Item: Talking Mushroom

Best Secret: ??? quest, while people just use the wiki now when it was just (re)-released the community's month-long hunt for how to solve it was fun to watch

Best Event: First Festival of the Bonfire

Pinnacle of Wynncraft: The CT and the time they put in

Coragon42 and WithTheFish like this.
  5. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    best build is fruma :thumbsup:

MlecznyHuxel99 and DungeonBee like this.
  6. highbread

highbread highbread HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    best item was typhoon for sure

Gigavern and WithTheFish like this.
  7. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content
    the canary calls
    misadventure on the sea
    the thanos depository
    the nameless anomaly
    the breaking point
    nerd emoji quest

Best Feature
    trade market

Best Build
    That fatass staircase in the orphion raid, just before the boss

Best Item
    Stinger

Best Secret
    hasnt been discovered yet.

Best Event
    bonfire festival for the minigame

Best Feat of Strength
    yygamer doing the original hic

Best Creation
    any of @yadkari 's art.

when dwicey got plastered on new years and got himself muted from main discord for posting a picture of him throwing up. never laughed that hard in my life

quests. minecraft bullshit lets for individual quests to actually all feel unique and have more nuance beyond "kill this, talk to this guy, explore this". actual narrative quality is still an issue but otherwise i think there's potential still

8. Coragon42

Coragon42 Build Maker in Training HERO

Minecraft:
    (I put a few nominations in multiple categories to line up with other people's existing/possible nominations.)

Best Piece of Content

-Legendary Island
    -Dwarves and Doguns questline
    -The Nameless Anomaly raid

Best Feature
    -Class Building (which would be impossible without item team)
    -Spell System
    -Flying Boltslinger

Best Build
    -Lower Molten Heights
    -Eldritch Outlook Entrance
    -The Realm of Light
    -Cherry Blossom Forest (around the Enter the Dojo quest)

Best Item
    -Phage Pins
    -Lunar Spine
    -Panic Zealot
    -Morph-Stardust
    -Brainwash
    -Divzer

Best Secret
    -Giant Rat
    -YahyaBot
    -Inhibitor

Best Event
    -Wynncon
    -50 person EO run

Best Feat of Strength
    -YYGAMER's HICH Completion (especially at the time)
    -YYGAMER's Perfect LI Run
    -YYGAMER's Spider Build LI Run
    -Alex's 53 second TNA solo
    -Alex's 28 second TCC solo
    -hp peng's 3:28 Generalist LI solo
    -RawFish's 3:18 LI solo
    -craftcreator's sub-3 min LI solo

Best Creation
    -Wynncon
    -Shots' Magnum Opus
    -hppeng-wynnbuilder (the website)

-50 person EO run
    -Spider Build meme
    -TNA Boss is "Greg"

-Spell System
    -Content Team
    -Class Building
    -Music

Last edited: Apr 24, 2023
  9. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    Best feat of strength: crokee’s no touching naked hic run

Crokee, Coragon42 and WithTheFish like this.
  10. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content: The Canary Calls
    -Runners up would be TNA and some others

Best Feature:
    -I'd say the most positively impactful feature ever added to the game was mob spell combos in 1.19, since it made so much more possible and honestly improved the combat even more than 2.0, as 2.0 had lots of stuff that needed and still needs ironing out.
    -Class build system is pretty impressive

Best build: CGG

Best creation: Wynncon

Greatest Part of Wynncraft:
    The soundtrack honestly, I'm a massive sucker for good noteblock music, and it's the most defining part of the games identity in my opinion (well, good part of the game's identity). Other games can rival and often beat Wynncraft in most respects, but the soundtrack is much more unique.

11. yadkari

yadkari Raw LE cant kill any Enemies CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ty;_; When I realized that my Winter Contest entry was less appealing than AI art, I knew that the direction of my work would not be liked by this community... but I am glad to know that there are people out there who like my work.
    Ill try to post something else.

one_ood, ocu and WithTheFish like this.
  12. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    (the ai art in question was absolutely disgusting looking and shouldn’t have even been considered for the contest)

13. thepicferret

thepicferret Chief of Avicia, Send help wynncraft addicted HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ive been gone for some time now very busy with life so i hope i would be able to write something reasonable considering i am not really involved with the game for a few months

I couldn't think of a single option for most categories but that simply shows how much has happend in my 5 years here in the span of 5000 hours.

Best Piece of Content:

I have done all the questions possible whenever i leveled up my classes (not including the latest update) but i think that it is such a big choice to make, to me exploration of the map was a thing i enjoyed and quest with attention to detail like misadventure on the sea when it first came out was shocking. I did spend a lot of time doing li and eo so both of these and also a choice from me

Best Feature:

Class building and item system, countless hours could be and were spent making crafting and optimizing niche builds

Best Build:

The new aldorei looks great
    I have spent hundreds of hours looking at every nook and cranny that there is in this map and i just want to thank the builders for the care and attention to details every little house or hole has

Best Item:

An old part of me is eager to say lunar spine (before mana changed) since it really did offer an interesting way of playing the game as mage back then, things like the talking mushroom which is an interesting non weapon/armor item choice that i would also go with

Best Secret:

Some of my favorite include talking mushroom, clock mystery :pensive: and a dozen more that i am forgetting to mention

Best Event:

WynnOlympics was one of the things that ive enjoyed the most with my friends #TeamTroms

50 player eo was definitely one of the highlighted events during my time here

Id also have to say wynncon that i loved

And more of a warring related Things which were some big raids and occurrences within the guild community

Larz's and Ramona's puzzle event was awesome

There are so many more that i am probably forgetting though

Best Feat of Strength:

Not going to name everything or everyone but i have mad respect for everyone that took part in any hic or hich when they were first introduced and all boss runs or challenges.

Ill have to point out YYGAMER for being a pretty big influence on my motivation with some challenges and whatnot
    and also crokee and many more incredible people out there
    (My long forgotten blindfolded eo video hasn't been fully edited ever since i joined the army :shrug:)

Best Creation:

Wynncon is truly incredible ans other utilities like wynntils, wynnbuilder and wynndata back then

Best Misc. Community Moment:

I don't have much to say, for me it'll be all the late night vcs and hours of talking and joking all day long, i do not have a specific thing that i could think of
    The avo vs ern lvl 100 race was pretty interesting but i wouldn't say it was something people who don't have an intrest in guilds care about too much
    Vore vore vore in lobby can also be a fit but it was a part of 50 player eo

Great friends that i got to know.
    Smaller communities, for me my guild and all the people sorounding it that have become my friends have been the only reason ive stayed here for all these years

Wow what is the wall of text, i really did miss having the time to interact with this community every day

14. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    maybe make this a google form?
    I have been active up until two months since i joined (nov 2021 i think)
    Best piece of content:
    quests

Best festure:
    the ability treeee because even if it caused a lot of balancing problems it made the game feel so much more... polished i suppose and i loved it!

Best build:
    uhhh i really like EO because of well the design of the eye specifically, its massive size and the way parts of the build is actually incorporated into the dungeon itself.

Best item:
    come on its gotta be either canned abis or eleven (i choose canned abis)

Best secret:
    well im not the guy to go find secrets but the WORST SECRET is quicksand

Best event:
    although Heros minigame was by far the most fun, bonfire itself was the best, it just felt more thematic

Best feat of strength:
    I think its YYGAYMERs spider build

Best creation:
    honestly idk but i really really like orchestrated melody of reckoning by the Musical Mushroom

Best misc creation:
    not sure but Creatures bonfire board game is nice

Best part of wynn?

got to be the nostalgicness, like coming back to ragni after being in ahms just makes you feel the ultimate emotion rush

15. MooseWhisker

MooseWhisker Recovering breathing addict VIP+

Minecraft:
    Best piece of content: The Nameless Anomaly

Best feature: The amount of items/item diversity

Best build: New Aldorei

Best item: Contrast

Best secret: Thesead Coal Mine world event

Best event: Festival of Heros (specifically the claim to heroism minigame)

Best feat of strength: Crokee Trinh’s naked hic solo greg

Best creation: hppeng wynnbuilder website

Best misc. community moment: orange wybel plushie

Greatest part of Wynncraft: making class builds

Last edited: Apr 25, 2023
  16. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    why thanks...

Best Content: The Canary Calls. Truely no quest even holds a candle (hehe) to that quest. It has secrets, puzzles, replayability, a fun movement section, unique dialogue for random stuff, and a sick story line.

Feature? the Item System. I have mad respect for all the ppl who work on the items.

Best item is probably Bizzare Bovine Plushie, but there are definitly other good ones.

Best secret is hands down the Gale/Ohm graves/lore. I've never done Clock Mystery, but I assume it's fun too.

Best event was the latest Festival Of The Bonfire for the minigame.

Best feat hasnt been mentioned yet, and hasn't even been completed yet, but @Linnyflower is at total level 1941 on a HIC Warrior and is going for max level soon. It hasn't happened yet, but that will be the greatest feat so far in Wynn.

The best community creation... I'll just go with art this time. Remember the latest Bonfire contest winner? That piece of art has the most soul of any I can remember.

Most legendary thing to originate... I'm not sure how to interpret this so I'll go with community started. Therck Stairs becoming cannon is... amazing. That and Hotfix #6

as for the reason Wynn is alive, I'd say it's endgame community.

17. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content: The Canary Calls. It's been nominated, what, four times already? This is a fabulous quest and easily deserves this win.
    Best Feature: The item system! Why the hell else would I still be playing this game?!
    Best Build: The only thing I'd suggest here that hasn't already been said is trippy forest Fallen Factory parkour I just love how epic it is to step into that room
    Best Item: How the hell has no one suggested Rusted Root yet
    Best Secret: Regular Island.
    wait what's this about gale ohms lore I've never seen nor heard of this-
    Best Event: Festival of the Heroes (bc Claim to Herosim)
    Best Feat of Strength: current Ahmsord% record (if anyone gets this I will be so glad)
    Best Creation: Wynncon (glad ppl still remember that). This was originally in "best event" but nahh this is a creation and it was a damn good one.
    [screw the Best Misc. Community Moment category I can't think of anything]
    The community. No other online group of people has pulled me in and kept me coming back for more.

WithTheFish and Coragon42 like this.
  18. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Best Piece of Content
    The Nameless Anomaly, The Feathers Fly, Point of No Return, The Canary Calls

Best Feature
    Even if I don't enjoy its current state, the amount of nuance in the item/build system for an MMO Minecraft server is incredible

Best Build
    Thesead, Ragni

Best Event
    Festival of the Heroes 2023

Best Feat of Strength
    Most of the things mentioned are just feats of endurance or being juiced up on ungodly amounts of consumables, by the far most impressive gameplay I've ever seen on the server was MERR123456 soloing the entirety of early day TCC with ETA Alkatraz, when being breathed on wrong would instantly kill you.

Best Creation
    All of the lovely Ava and Raia artwork

Av- I mean the level of care poured into a Minecraft server

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
    WithTheFish likes this.
  19. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll Trial-Mod CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All of my submissions will be things that haven't been submitted before and I don't think they have a chance of winning but deserve a fair chance.
    Best Piece of Content

Realm of Light area and Nexus of light entrance sequence during Realm of light part V

Best Feature
    Rare mobs

Best Build
    revamped Olux swamp hills

Best Item
    Revenant

Best Secret
    Otherworldly Occurrence

Best Event
    Dxp weekend

Best Feat of Strength
    IceWarox incredible triple (shaman) max level and number 1 total level

Best Creation
    corpe's genesis of the end orchestral rendition

Profession heaven in the profession discord during dxp weekend.

a packed detlas during a server all time high

Crokee, Olinus10 and WithTheFish like this.
  20. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay, let's see..

Best Piece of Content
    It's really hard to pick, but honestly, Wynn Excavation, A Hunter's Calling and Dwarves and Doguns.

Best Feature
    The Ability Tree system, the revamp was just a huge paradigm shift for all players.

Best Build
    Canyon of the Lost. I know 99% of players hate it, because they get lost, but it is and will always be one of my favorite places in the game!

Best Item
    Emerald pouch, it helps save so much space!

Best Secret
    Clock Mystery, probably because I was able to find it and play it myself back in the day, there are other cool and notable ones like MrCoffeeTimes secret in Corkus or the old meteors from old ???, another secret that was fun to do way back when.

Best Event
    The 10th anniversary 10xp weekend ;) (pls papa salted)
    Is it selfish to say the last Heroes one because I got my own pet lmao.
    Honestly the 2018 CSST summer grind events were nice.
    I've also enjoyed the events GlassJars put together a few years back.

Best Feat of Strength
    - Crokee 2 times Naked HIC (the 1st counts)
    - YYGAMER 1hp LI & first HIC
    - IceWarox, SleepingXor and conniesunshine getting above 20.000 total lvls
    - _Tiger first to get to 15.000 total level

Best Creation
    Music:
    - Genesis of the End by Corpe_
    - Play the Savior by Texilated
    - Face of Extinction by Corpe_
    - Stormy Seas of Epicness - DS Music

Mods:
    - Wynntils by Scyu_, HeyZeer0 & others
    - Voices of Wynn by Kmaxi & others
    - *cough cough* ultimate overhaul, just a modpack but man it makes Wynn feel like wynn.

Videos:
    - The Wynncraft Warp Experience by Glazer (literally has a dope shot of the chests)
    - ..The anime battle at the end of the Beginners Guide 2.0
    - *cough cough* intro and outro to my 10th anniversary video ngl its dope

Hero Beta moments, just the people who hang there and contribute to finding issues, I've had so much fun looking for new discoveries and just doing new things with friends and viewers, they're really good moments.
    *cough cough* when Salted died to LI...

Everything.
    Quests, all the features, the fact it still gets updated, the community, just everything!

I think that's prob everything. idk might update :p

Elysium_, Kmaxi, Coragon42 and 3 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.