Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How did you guys find wynn and why do you keep playing?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Caulan, Mar 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Undyne

Undyne Do you enjoy going through hell? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Can confirm that I started playing this game because of the same exact video. During 2016 I was into watching those weird minecraft "what if" videos and two YT channels that stemmed from that channel who made them were pink sheep and purple shep. At some point I did watch this video and saw the game and was wondering how minecraft could become that complex, and I decided that I'd give the server a try. And honestly, sometimes I wish I could go back to that time where I first started playing the game and everything seemed so insane and enjoyable that I kept going until I was a level 100 warrior and then did it all again on other classes because it was that fun.

Nowadays I keep playing because I enjoy being around/helping my guild and I also still like to do profs for profit whenever possible. I'm hoping that maybe one day I can do a bit more for the server and its community because this server will always be a game I go back to, all thanks to that dumb video.

Thank you, purple shep. While you have likely not logged on this server for over 6 years, your video changed my life, for better or worse.

2. NoGoodGod

NoGoodGod Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Found it because my friend suggested it and also because of that Youtuber that did a Wynncraft 100 days video.
    I keep playing because I appreciate the game and like it a lot

shacers likes this.
  3. Twin Lotus

Twin Lotus Straw Hat VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    RamonaFlowers likes this.
  4. Roudan

Roudan Disciple of Boone CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I was a regular on the CraftedMovie server and I'd known about Wynncraft since its release - though was a bit reluctant to try it until nearly a year later I think. I became a moderator a month after joining and at some stage jokingly applied for GM which didn't go well for me (as in somehow I was actually considered for GM) - and those were frankly my incentives for playing on the server. But about that time I was struggling a lot with my tertiary studies and juggling work too, so decided to not become a GM and also resigned from my moderator position and went on a near indefinite hiatus to prioritise uni.

Nowadays I'm drawn back for nostalgia and to see how things are progressing. So I return from time-to-time, play for a few weeks max and then disappear into the shadows again for another year or 10 no doubt. I do love the server!! But in general I find it difficult to commit to games that need more than a peanut sized attention span these days. :sweatsmile:

5. Qiopi

Qiopi Travelled Adventurer

Around 5 years ago I was really obsessed with mmorpg’s and played anything I was able to get my hands on. Yet I always came back to Wynncraft. It’s just something about the world, lore and character that I really like

6. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    This aged as well as Technoblade.

7. Bottled_Phantom

Bottled_Phantom Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i dont keep playing wynncraft. i just check it randomly if wynn has new content

hmtn and TrapinchO like this.
  8. Lu1g0

Lu1g0 Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    okay this one going to be weird, i found it on the essentials mod featured tab

9. bigmoneytim

bigmoneytim There is no war in the Fruman walls VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. I found it because I got kinda bored with Hypixel
    2. no I don't play it that much anymore

10. JerryStuffRo

JerryStuffRo Well-Known Adventurer Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Friend @ninjakai03 told me first about it in 2018 through the old desert song but I kind of forgot about it
    Then in 2021 he mentioned it again because of him commenting on some more about the OST and then out of curiosity checked out the web page

THEN realized there was a rat pet you could buy and I just began playing to one day have the rat

I love my rat pet

Enderae likes this.
  11. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Word of mouth. A friend on a vanilla server I played on when I was younger mentioned it. That was in 2014 and we both still play this game, which I think is kind of wild.

Though "play" is a bit of a strong word, at least for me. I'm very involved in paratext and activities around the game, but I rarely log in to wynn itself these days. I've still invested a goodly chunk of time here, and I still like Wynn and the people I've met through it, so I'm always hovering around somewhere.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2023
    TrapinchO likes this.
  12. turtletop

turtletop Well-Known Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    my brother showed it to me

i kept playing because of build wynn ct and festivals

13. Jakacraft

Jakacraft Vibing CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I can't even remember how I started. I think I was looking for a rpg and stumbled on wynn. I just know it's a good thing to waste my money on.

14. NotchKiller

NotchKiller Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    InTheLittleWood from The Yogscast made a series in wynncraft. I joined after watching the first ep back in 2014. The wynn team decided to create an area name little wood in honour of that series funnily enough. :)

15. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I first decided to check it out after TommyInnit made a video on it (btw is he actually gonna get a town named after him? in the video where he toured the behind the scenes stuff of wynncraft salted said "we can work on that"). This was in like 2020 and I was still a stupid child. I also played hypixel skyblock a lot in late 2019 to 2020, and therefore, some guys would mention it (particulary MclenzyHuxel99). I checked it out in April 2020, and wasn't really hooked immediately. However, 2 months later in June, I think I got some second wind to check it out again and my god was that a great decision. I did my first playthrough as a mage, and honestly, I can't regret my decision. I eventually played more and more wynncraft and less cringeblock. The straw that broke the camel's back for skyblock was when the dwarven mines update released, and I was pretty excited. However, about a week in, I suddenly had an epiphany. All the updates to skyblock are pretty much the exact same thing: more ways to grind. Wynncraft's world just felt more unique and less repetitive, so I became a full-time wynn player. I also got really hooked on the story too, and given how I really liked the lore of stuff (mainly by seeing a few videos about Kirby lore), that's also how I found WynnTheory after their Bob rework.

So yea that's basically my story about how I found wynn.

hmtn and TrapinchO like this.
  16. Morshe

Morshe Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I've been looking for some best minecraft servers to join and I've came across Flop Studios's video about Wynncraft. ( The Best Minecraft Server You Never Played). This video convinced me to try this server and this is the best decision I've made.

17. Krooza

Krooza Professional dumbass HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found Wynncraft through a Hermitcraft video by Grian where he played the trailer.
    I joined Wynn and fell in love.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.