Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What in your opinion is the worst quest.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Departmentalized, Mar 1, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Unbeatable_

_Unbeatable_ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    whats wrong with purple and blue? :(

Deusphage likes this.
  2. Departmentalized

Departmentalized Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well for me it got bugged and I can't complete it but idk about him

3. Hams

Hams Content Team Manager CT Manager Support Team Community Manager Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    It was fixed in recent patches, go back and you should be able to do it now!

Departmentalized likes this.
  4. KingQwerty

KingQwerty Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    ??? is simultaneously the best and worst quest in the game

5. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Aldorei's secret 2: worst lore (although Im somewhat close to putting the second half of DnD here instead)
    Zhight Island: worst gameplay
    An Iron Heart 2: worst remake

6. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Cook assistant because one-stage fetch quest just suck
    Elemental exercise because of overexaggerated elemental stuff (like how tf a 1-3 fire damage weapon burn the whole cave), also now that the player is level 10 then why powders arent mentioned
    Eye of the storm because of the 3rd grade writing, same goes to old realm of light (thankfully they are reworked thanks wynncraft)
    ??? is very annoying but its less of a problem because xp build could do the same thing as the reward does
    RoL3 because of 10 unskippable cutscenes
    AS2 is just pure bullshit

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  7. dreamer101

dreamer101 Luto Aquarum enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    Poisoning the pest is needlessly gorey and isn't a good representation of what wynncraft is for newer players.

8. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You genuinely think that 2.0's incredible remake of Purple and Blue is bad?

nomythrilskin? and Dr Zed like this.
  9. Sunstaar

Sunstaar Skilled Adventurer

He was softlocked in it

10. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yahya is a funny character. The quest is a simple fetch quest, but it has humour. Attack some lame fetch quest like Underwater.
    why
    That’s an Almuj problem, not a quest one.
    Ok sorry what
    Lost tower does suck and I agree; lame quest
    Ice nations?? Why?! What’s wrong with it

controversial time
    Rol 3 is good
    Like, the cutscenes get annoying on replay, but the first time the quest does a very good job of telling a story, with entertaining sections in between

luckeyLuuk likes this.
  11. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    ice nation = bad because i dont like finding which island is which (because i am dumb)

12. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nice assertive and highly false statement you got there.
    “So far?” Really? It’s a couple hundred blocks maximum. Fighting the mobs and looting the chests along the way is actually fun, to a certain extent, but it takes less than two minutes to get to the location. It’s not boring, it’s serene - the quest is calm and peaceful without being dull.

I’m not getting into the as2 thing

I’m so terribly sorry that you dislike a single mechanic in this quest. One would think that you would have gotten used to it because it’s, you know, the spell system, but apparently not.
    The section where you get an outfit is entertaining, I quite like the part where you get an invitation, and the plant section is so fun. These are all examples of things other than right and left clicking, but I guess you forgot about them.

But why???

13. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    because i havent played ??? or ahc lol

14. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    Green Gloop imo. Very generic fetch quest with pretty uninteresting gameplay. At least it's pretty short

luckeyLuuk and cmosier like this.
  15. uzbuz

uzbuz Owner of the Realm of uz (join or bad) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They actually updated the slime cave to be an actually interesting eco cave. It's a lot more fun then it was before.

Selvut283, Dr Zed, luckeyLuuk and 2 others like this.
  16. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    …how? The quest outright blocks entering the bank. It’s not like the bank is positioned poorly, as it has multiple entrances. It is straight up inaccessible without completing the quest. Something as necessary as a bank should never be questlocked from the player, especially for lower levels. I don’t think this makes it the worst quest in the game though, as it’s pretty decent by itself. Just shouldn’t be required for accessing the bank.

As for my own opinion, quests like Pit of the Dead, Lost Tower, and Green Gloop are all literally go from point A to point B or actual fetch, and it leaves a bad impression on new players but at least they’re pretty short. Hunger of Gerts part 2, both pre-2.0 and 2.0, has consistently been my least favorite quest. Before, it went from a good part 1 to a massive tonal shift to force a subliminal message about the real world that has very little to do with gerts, but at least it had some substance. New Hunger of Gerts just… has nothing. It feels like it builds up to something but it just ends. I didn’t think it was possible to remake the quest in a way that I disliked more.

cmosier likes this.
  17. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow, how could I have guessed that someone dislikes my opinion. I know some people (Ava simps) actually like the quest, but for normal humans doing a quest solely based around clicking in a randomized pattern sucks! I hate doing the quest because of this mechanic, not anything lore wise. The uniform puzzle got old as soon as i found the mech suit and getting the invitation letter is no more complicated than following a path. There is no good reason to like it, and one huge reason to dislike it. Therefore, it goes at the top of my list for bad quests and I honestly do not care how braindead you think my opinion is.

18. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I should clarify that I am not an Ava simp and do not condone such behavior.

You really are fixated on this one mechanic. While it is the same mechanic as casting spells, it’s not a big part of the quest, certainly not “centered” around it! The uniform thing is, ok, fine, not exciting, but it sure isn’t awful, and the finding of the letter I still don’t have the most effective path for; I manage to have done it differently every time.
    But the plant section! You seem to have forgotten about this; the dramatic reveal that is “Ava destroyed Corkus”, the excellent build, and the parkour and combat being highly entertaining. There seems to be one issue that you have with this quest, which somehow puts it below things like Elemental Exercise.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
  19. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    I suppose the quest itself ant terrible but t’s just one of the quests that i don’t find worth doing because of the profs requirement

20. Mardeknius

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    There we go yeah that makes sense
    The prof reqs are annoying but the quest itself is fine

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.