Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What’s a boss that really needs a rework?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by NoGoodGod, Mar 9, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoGoodGod

NoGoodGod Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I think for me, it’s Amadel. He’s super weak for who he is supposed to be, and the fight against this supposedly extremely powerful guy is over very fast. The best way I can describe the Amadel fight is “the hype is there, the boss isn’t”

2. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    CoW. You can literally run circles around him and he won't be able to hit you. Plus the arena is a bit weird, like why is the corruption green?

3. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Probably has something to do with emeralds since he used to be an emerald miner before getting corrupted

Or maybe he just ate his veggies

4. JavaPlayerX

JavaPlayerX Supreme Supremacy

Minecraft:
    So veggies lead to corruption lead to world war and mayhem?

5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    CoW is very deliberately designed to be the way it is - hard for newcomers but with a very rewarding learning curve that makes it an easy fight after applying some brainpower.

TwageTomato, Aya, dreamer101 and 13 others like this.
  6. uzbuz

uzbuz Owner of the Realm of uz (join or bad) VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A lot of bosses need a bit of a buff because of the insane 2.0 damage but other then that either Amadel, he's just a bullet sponge that deals no damage, or Orphion, who is Greg but even more 1-taps and lag. Some custom spells for Orphion would be cool.

7. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Death because its pretty hard and not really something amazing. Just circle strafe and pray to RNGesus that a minion doesn't feel like annihilating your entire run (granted, i did it as a shadestepper a while ago, but eh), and as Death's reincarnated form in the endgame: Death Metal.

Definitely agree with Amadel too. While Death is too hard at level, Amadel's basically a dps test.

Orphion because its still laggy as hell. The fight's a bit better but I'd still say its too damn laggy.

And Orange Cybel should probs have its 2nd and 4th phases removed cuz I think bosses that are pretty much waiting games are a pretty stupid thing to put inside a boss rush. YahyaBot became a secret boss as a result of it being boring as hell, and while Cybel is definitely a lot more dangerous, I still think waiting in a boss fight during a boss rush is just a bad idea to begin with.

If I had to guess a canonical reason it is stated that CoW's corruption is a unique brand of it, rendering anyone near it insane. An actual explanation tho: idrk builders didnt feel like replacing it.

starx280 likes this.
  8. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    Amadel
    Going through Wynn on another class & doing things faster I’ve realized that while I suck at playing assassin and my builds are garbage, amadel never really poses any sort of threat if you know the basics to f how to play the game
    He just tanks and sometimes glitches into the wall

NoGoodGod and Dr Zed like this.
  9. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd change any boss that has some sort of "wait until you can damage them" mechanic, such as the orange wybel. I don't mind dodging for a bit since some fights are designed for stuff like that, but it's frustratingly-rng dependent on when you can actually attack them again.

Bixlo, TwageTomato, shacers and 5 others like this.
  10. JavaPlayerX

JavaPlayerX Supreme Supremacy

Minecraft:
    Witherhead. It's waay too easy even at level and it's arrow storm is extremely dodgeable.

11. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Doesn't Orange Wybel and TERA have set times

I've probably fought them at least 250+ and 50+ times respectively, I know their waiting chains by now and it is always the same spells and duration

12. KaiserSpin

KaiserSpin Well-Known Adventurer

I think the Colossus is a bit to easy, at least compared to the other raid's bosses.

13. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Death. How can you kill death. Makes no lore sense, please make him unkillable

14. PlasmaWarrior

PlasmaWarrior Fishomancer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You don't fight the real Death though?

The one in ToA is an impersonator (and also a girl apparently)

15. NoGoodGod

NoGoodGod Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    it’s supposed to be a really basic boss lol

16. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Apologies. Yes, upon closer inspection, she does bear a resemblance to a conspicuous Charlatan from the video game "In Our Midst"

17. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Garaheth, easily. This is the culmination of the entire Molten Heights questline and it sucks. If that doesn't count as a boss then I guess Death could do with a rework, Death Metal is excellent but the original Death Fight while very similar is placed at a level where the player has less at their disposal meaning dodging the ranged attacks in the little room isn't very fair and the hp is way to high. I don't think the concept behind the fight is bad though just the execution so maybe that doesn't count as a rework.
    If neither of those work, I guess I might say Garvan from Hollow Serenity? I've only fought him once and it was on Shaman Ritualist-Acolyte and I did not enjoy it very much although the music and cutscene before the fight are both very very good, but at that point I'm getting kind of desperate.

FelixTape likes this.
  18. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Garaheth from DnD is just so lame. I expect more from a level 90 questline, instead of just 4 mini-bosses and some parkour
    If that doesnt count then maybe orange wybel/cybel phase 2/4, wait until they eventually cast one particular spell feels so dumb. If they are going to make a "you just have to dodge here" mechanic then why not make smth similar to the eye's intermission phase

FelixTape and strikeflame5356 like this.
  19. DarkYou

DarkYou Average Nirvana Enjoyer HERO

Minecraft:
    Death's Impostor (Tower of Ascension) and Death Metal (Legendary Island).

The difficulty depends on your current class/archetype to an outrageous amount.
    E.g. he's really trivial to just kill with Jasmine Bloom on Acrobat, but downright broken
    against e.g. a fallen warrior who doesn't have many good options to dodge his bullet barrages.

(Idol, Apoc, Guardian and Hero builds obviously excluded)

Aya, shacers and starx280 like this.
  20. Enderae

Enderae Wanderer of the Realm VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    or way too many health potions

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.