Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Patch 2.0.2 Full Changelog - Guild Housing, Assassin Changes & More!

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by HeyZeer0, Feb 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Assassin's really gonna need the extra AP from the Fruma update, I think the changes alone are fine, idk if it's gonna bring assassin back fully, but I would probably reduce some requirements on its tree and maybe make stronger clones a proper white node again since it needs 2 nodes for its full effect now.

starx280, shacers and Castti like this.
  2. Lemon

Lemon God has forsaken me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Except it was very much illegal, with a large barrier to entry, and dealing with the perpetual risk of it getting leaked?

trex1611 likes this.
  3. Ian1KV

Ian1KV Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Evidently it wasn't

4. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm at work, so I'm going to make a short simple response now and make a long proper one once I'm home.
    Making IRL trading legal doesn't solve the fundamental issue, that being that IRL trading happens.

You DON'T solve sex trafficking by making sex trafficking legal.
    You DON'T solve drug trade by making drugs legal.
    AND YOU DON'T SOLVE IRL TRADING BY MAKING IT "LEGAL"

It solves nothing, it just changes who gets the money in the end, in this case Wynncraft.

5. Guermas

Guermas Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Amazing and a quite huge update!

6. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Love the housing changes, the irl trading and p2w not so much

PlasmaWarrior and Castti like this.
  7. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    People can participate and profit on the market more easily with the shares, so they'll leave the tedious grinding to other players and the prices of ingredients and mythics will go up because people will begin having more money (money that at least, finally, isn't duped). The pro of having less grinders is that grinding in the end will become the main end-game since it'll be more profitable. Having less people loot run is also advantageous since chests won't be sniped and will be fuller if players are letting them regenerate the 2 hours it takes for the chests to spawn full (though that can change if client-side chests are introduced).

8. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It wouldn't be a Wynncraft update if it didn't split the community in half. Will probably write up opinions on this later.

ThedumbOX, Dr Zed, luckeyLuuk and 6 others like this.
  9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    actually I heard that one does help (to some extent)

also I do agree with your point

ThedumbOX, Sprite, Dr Zed and 2 others like this.
  10. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well someone would need to sell it for shares, and if everyone offered shares for things, in game items for shares would barely be worth anything (supply/demand)

Fox likes this.
  11. Duckyfarms

Duckyfarms Well-Known Adventurer

Assasin better be good now :D

12. Olinus10

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    it is!!! i really recommend trying Bamboozle and Nightcloak Knife! theyre epic abilities

starx280 likes this.
  13. Duckyfarms

• Reduced Ragnarokkr’s damage buff (30 -> +20%)
    • Reduced Ragnarokkr’s duration bonus (90 -> 15s)
    • Reduced Enraged Blow’s damage cap (120 -> +80%)
    I like these changes, nerfing warrior's fallen warrior archetype so there is at least a tiny bit of diversity. As a fallen warrior player though my networth may have just went down :skull:

14. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    marijuana legalization in states where it’s legal made both illicit weed trade (that was often unreliable and laced with shit) go down and also made opiate abuse go way down
    timber industry propaganda has been a disaster

Dannyxv8, ThedumbOX, Dr Zed and 3 others like this.
  15. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    You said the solution on the very last sentence! It puts Wynncraft on the winning side when if we do not, we put at risk not even having this game at all if wynn is not profiting enough to pay the costs. Also, it's a great solution to discourage duping and future duping methods, another issue that's lasted for years. It also solves wynn finally having a way to directly intervene and regulate the economy without irreversible damages that have been caused to the game in the past, making players want to leave Wynncraft because they think all of that duped LE and no server restarts happening afterwards disregards their own efforts.

I also think your arguments of "You don't solve X by making X legal" are a bit untrue/out of context. To which extend to you understand the purpose of the law? Law merely regulates. Obviously law should be based on ethics and universal arguments so that everyone's constitutional rights and human rights are respected, which is why sex trafficking and drug trading rules exist. I just don't really understand how is this ethical debate part of what really concerns the issue here, which is wynn changing their rules to improve their economical situation. Just try to look at the changes wynn is making from the brighter side, this change isn't necessarily detrimental (and I don't think it could be so detrimental I'd put people at risk like drugs and sex trafficking do), and wynn is still going to be doing a lot of testing to determine the best and fairest decision for everyone.

16. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just want to ask for clarification on a few things to make sure I, and probably quite a few others, are not going to write several paragraphs on false assumptions.
    • What is the price of the Subscription?
    • What is the price of buying shares directly?
    • What exactly can one share get you in the store?
    • How will 'Better Cosmetic Scrapping' work?
    • Which Rank Rewards are doubled?
    I haven't played in a while, so I'm *assuming* the double event rewards mean x2 cosmetics from the Festival of the Bonfire, Blizzard, etc. Please correct me if this is wrong.

Also: Please suggest alternative options for the subscription rewards and/or monetization options if you do not like what is currently proposed. Wynncraft needs something similar one way or the other if it intends to stay afloat.

17. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not sure how I feel about being able to spend real money to get in-game perks about being able to spend real money to get make it easier to get money in-game about being able to sell store perks ingame, but I don't know that it's actually all that much different from the perks ranked players already get. I don't like the fact that real-life wealth can now directly translate into wealth in the game, but at the same time, I like the fact that even if you don't have access to that wealth in real life you can now get some perks from the store. That said, adding the ability to easily and directly sell in-game power for money has killed or ruined good games before, so I am concerned where this will lead. I'm going to wait and see before I make any judgements on this, but I am somewhat worried at least.

ThedumbOX, Dr Zed, trex1611 and 6 others like this.
  18. Duckyfarms

On another note relating to changes with the "shares". There are a couple of reasons why I think this is not problematic at all, and we should not be worried.
    - Wynncraft needs money to survive. You cannot expect wynn craft staff to work on updates continuously without getting paid.
    - A small reduction in market tax will not be very p2w. In fact, I think the totems given to higher ranked players are more unfair, as you can grind ings more effectively. (Ings are very expensive sometimes due to the large community of prof people). The one thing I am a bit concerned about is doubled rank rewards. If someone had 16 totems
    - Realize that the reason Wynncraft is considered such a good game is NOT because of the fact that it is not p2w. The reason people continuously play Wynncraft is because of the unique playstyle that is unlike any other. When people think of Wynncraft, people will always remember the quests, raids, and time they had with the community.

uzbuz, Fox and Druser like this.
  19. Bynt

Bynt Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    That for sure wasn't very pleasing to read I will say but at the end of the day, some of this needs to be done in order to play on a server in the first place. I agree that they can probably come up with a better alternative subscription based thing but right now, I personally don't have any ideas for what that can be.

Dr Zed, Fox and ReReverse like this.
  20. Olinus10

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    well double means double daily crate and totems and for champions market booth duration :p
    and then double event rewards means double the crates you get from completing the daily / guild objectives :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.