Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Announcement Work on Fruma is ongoing!

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Nov 19, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You'll have to wait and see what we do with Fruma.

sithvsjedi and Beanie Boi like this.
  2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I don't think that's pessimistic. Even the best updates contain numerous rushed and incomplete elements - just look at Fableds, which are still in about the same dysfunctional state that they were in on release.

3. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Most professional CT response

Uncalled for tbh

4. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    you know it

sithvsjedi likes this.
  5. Roguedome

Roguedome Loser HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    AFTER YEARS OF WAITING! I am so happy and excited!!!! I will try to support Wynn however I can to help out!!

sithvsjedi likes this.
  6. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ngl, really excited for this. Spellbound has made my expectations so high and Fruma will just make everything better. The higher level cap will slowly help us catch up with salteds level 200 archer.

More content is way better, and Frumaj ust seems so interesting!! Ik everyone is talking about the dern & stuff but fruma is way cooler.

Also anyone complaining that silent expanse is now lower level, do you guys realise the realm of light is like level 70/80...

7. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Right, and its god is much weaker and the realm is a literal manifestation of the god.
    Also, it's not just about the logical consistency, although it doesn't make sense, but also the leveling experience.
    Imagine this, you're just finishing up the silent expanse ready to take your leap into what seems like the final destination, something that's been built up this whole game as the grand climax, and... wait actually you've got to go finish stuff up somewhere else.
    The point being it kinda ruins the atmosphere and build-up that the Silent Expanse crafts for Dern.

Icy, luckeyLuuk, sithvsjedi and 6 others like this.
  8. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I think I agree with that in the short term, but if (and to be clear, only if) Dern ends up being a level 105-120 area, I don't think it'll be an issue since having multiple endgame areas is good for the overall health of the game.

That said, if Dern introduces another level cap increase and you can't just enter post EO to continue the story, that's a big issue since needing to leave the SE before needing to head back post Fruma would feel really, really bad. I mean, that's not an issue I'll face really but still.

9. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm not convinced that going between two leveling areas is actually a good thing either, actually, I may like that less due to how it would end up breaking up Dern.
    Ultimately I would say we make Fruma level 100 to 110 or whatever it ends up being, and then raise SE to level 110 to 115.

10. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Right now I would say we have two major endgame areas being the CC and sky islands as well as the NA and the SE more generally and I think it works out nicely since you get a nice change of pace if you want to switch things up. There's also technically Corkus but that's more of a pre-endgame area minus. I think the benefit of having multiple endgame areas is that you aren't forced to just grind in one place, you can switch things up since there's always at least something else to do.

Dern being the end of the game would be nice imo, but I can't imagine whatever it turns out to be being the only thing to do once you reach it and I think having another endgame area with it's own scenery and vibes could lead to a nice change of pace like how the sky islands do for the SE.

Still, I am a little concerned, if fruma is essentially required to be at level for Dern that will be a problem in terms of progression and with the way the level cap is increasing, I think we're going to run into that problem. Increasing the SE level kind of fixes the issue, but I think the better solution is to just make Fruma at level with the SE so that way you can do it before the SE if you want, then you'll be ready for Dern right after which can then be the single highest level area in the game.

sithvsjedi and Dr Zed like this.
  11. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't mind if the progression goes SE, Fruma, Dern (in that order) - It would make a break from darkness/corruption-based quests if we get a gap between SE and Dern.
    Also, I've only just visited the portal to Dern again (since 2.0) and HOLY COW the CT have moved it closer (maybe just aesthetic, but it feels so close now XD)

sithvsjedi, Castti and Nukewarmachine like this.
  12. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I think the best way to go about it imo is to have Fruma be after Dern in terms of leveling, i.e. Fruma would be more of post-game area than an endgame area. That way it wouldn't break up the flow of Dern being built up throughout the Silent Expanse (Especially since we literally get within 10 feet of the portal to Dern after beating EO). So Dern's level would be 105 to 110, and Fruma's level would be from level 110 to 120.

Obviously upon release Fruma should be level 100 to 110 so that way there isn't a level gap until Dern finally comes out.

13. Demonair

Demonair I got a new building business! HERO

Minecraft:
    All the people who suggested fruma in the general sugggestions section be like

14. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Berb

luckeyLuuk, sithvsjedi and Sg_Voltage like this.
  15. Cormac Oissine

Cormac Oissine Assassin HERO

Minecraft:
    Fruman trailer ETA?

sithvsjedi likes this.
  16. Money_6

Money_6 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just checked, its not the 1st of April?!?

17. Pumpkinn

Pumpkinn Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    I do agree, i mean i do hope they increase the levels for dern w/ that. Especially with TNA meaning to be like more late game.
    What I think could be interesting if instead of changing fruma to higher then dern, but like making denr higher then fruma and make dern like level 120.

While I agree with a lot of your statements and I think it's hard to fit fruma in properly. I think it's all up to how they deliever Fruma. I think if they make it an extensions of the Hunters Calling w/ the two people you know from the start. Or just make it incredibly impressive or some amazing lore reason why. Or maybe throughout the game maybe hype up Fruma more.

sithvsjedi likes this.
  18. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    they are dead though?

sithvsjedi likes this.
  19. Beanie Boi

Beanie Boi Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    https://hppeng-wynn.github.io/build...21g1000361000361001Z6010000Czz++++--NTjr9v8N0
    WynnBuilder build:
    > Nephilim
    > Twilight-Gilded Cloak
    > Horizon
    > Fruma Imported Boots
    > Impudent
    > Impudent
    > Contrail
    > Errant
    > Oak Wood Bow [t6]
    ETA Fruma Imported Boots w/ starter weapon, also Contrail and Errant(con trailer rant :0 hopefully someone knows what im trying to get at here)

Stag2001, Earthbrine, shacers and 4 others like this.
  20. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is better than most memes on the meme thread

sithvsjedi and Beanie Boi like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.