Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Assassin or archer

Discussion in 'Questions' started by StarX, Oct 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarX

StarX Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    hi guys, I'm a decent player in the game, I'm having trouble thinking if I should use assassin or archer, as they both have good damage, and what path should I choose for each class?

2. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    archer is definitely the meta rn. boltslinger seems fun and so does sharpshooter.

but from experience actually playing archer on beta and being an assassin main, im going to say archer is easily killed especially im the early game and assassin acrobat and shadestepper are extremely fun, and with good builds can be on par with other archetypes

3. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just to give a brief summary on each Archetype to hopefully give you a better understanding of how each one works:

Archer:
    - Boltslinger: Deals continuous damage and has a lot of mobility on the ground, giving you the capability to have Speed 3 active at all times. Guardian Angels will automatically attack enemies which allows you to continuously build up Walk Speed using Frenzy, so this archetype focuses on unleashing an onslaught of attacks and getting a big speed buff as a reward

- Sharpshooter: Burst damage, the more hits you successfully land, the bigger your damage boost is. If you miss an attack, that damage boost will reset but Homing Shots really helps you land your attacks. This archetype currently seems to be the best performing regarding DPS.

- Trapper: Delayed damage and crowd control. Your Bomb Arrow can set traps which can ramp up damage over time and explode when enemies come into contact with it. It's a little tricky to work with and struggles a bit against bosses, but overall has the best crowd control for archer

Assassin:
    - Shadestepper: Single target burst damage. This is a hit-and-run archetype, utilizing Vanish to stay invisible and then strike your enemies with a big damage boost. This really struggles against large groups of enemies though and bosses, unless you can one shot them (which, regarding bosses, is unlikely). Typically a heavy melee playstyle is more reliable for this archetype but it's not necessary

- Trickster: This specializes in Crowd Control, using Clones to mimic your spells to get a larger range. Unfortunately, Trickster has pretty low damage so you will need to combine this with Shadestepper's Marked to achieve optimal damage. If you choose Forbidden Art (extra Clones), you will most likely need to be a tanky build due to the outrageously long Cooldown for Clones

- Acrobat: This is a constant damage and spell spam archetype. Acrobat can constantly stay airborne by spell cycling, staying out of range of enemies. Acrobat requires a lot of skill to use effectively, so it will take some time to practice (and your hand will probably get very tired)

dogwqter, Castti and RenZenthio like this.
  4. PnutCollida

PnutCollida i love ranpo VIP+

Minecraft:
    honestly just choose what you think would be most fun based on what lemon said :)

personally would choose assassin tho

5. AlanGreyson

AlanGreyson WynnArtist VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'll recommend you to play Assassin since the playstyle for earlygame is easy-to-follow. However if you want a class that can help you till endgame I recommend Archer cuz it has more function diversity like lootrun, raid and dungeon. So my advice is play Assassin first to get use to the server, then play Archer...

6. Ayase Momo

Ayase Momo dandadan CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    assassin is garbage as of 2.0

7. StarX

StarX Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i remember assassin being one of if not the best class ingame, i've been returning back into wynn so now that 2.0 exists i've lost track of the meta, i think i'll go archer i guess

8. Femboy Orphion

Femboy Orphion Bi Furry Femboy (Average Wynncraft Player) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Acrobat is pretty fun tho

9. TheVenomDoge

TheVenomDoge Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Archer and assassin are wildly different classes with wildly different playstyles. Archer and assassin both have a very high skill level. While archer is a glass cannon assassin is either a tank, a one shot run, or a spell spam. Overall assassin has the ability to be used with almost any playstyle. While archer has a glass cannon playstyle able to dish out incredibly amounts of damage but if you do one wrong click your dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.