Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event 2.0 Content Census

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by ocu, Oct 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xct

xct Perseverance CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    hi just wanted to say that we need more Corkus Island-quality caves, preferably in every single released zone. they make every other zone look crap in comparison

EPIC67890, Castti and Chruetercraft like this.
  2. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    We've crossed 100 responses in the span of 12 hours!
    Thank you to everyone who has responded so far.

3. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Some other feedback I forgot to put in my response:
    The new pond textures look amazing and make water features look a lot more interesting than just a blue surface.

Items being dropped in certain regions adds some more additional character to those places.

The new endgame profession spots, while I'm not a proffer, look very amazing and convenient for endgame professions.

New Aldorei Town looks more like a town and is now more structured like one which is pretty cool, and the new Galleon's Graveyard entrance looks epic.

The script spells for the Qira Hive bosses are all pretty great, and I hope that future bosses get some in the future.

Making YahyaBot a secret boss is a proper way to implement a boss like YahyaBot, which is a waiting simulator.

The Rusty Bartender being added back to Detlas is a great addition, and helps add some character to the Rusty Recruit.

The new Ice Barrows entrance, while I wouldn't necessarily hate it, feels way too similar to NotG's entrance and shows some of the problems with the 'EO build style'. Though while I'm at it I also appreciate that Past Nesaak got updated to the new Nesaak build style. (Also tossing in the ability to fight Theorick again is great)

4. SpotAction

SpotAction Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Buff assassin buff inferno buff toxo WHY IS TOXO BAD

That_Chudley, Abberdine and starx280 like this.
  5. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Cope somewhere else, this isnt an item thread.

6. CatFan105

CatFan105 Blue guy

Minecraft:
    Here's some feedback:
    Fix aldorei's scret part 2
    It sucks

uuuuuuuuuuuuh and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  7. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    putting tl;dr here: Part I's good, Part II's very underwhelming

(obvious spoilers for gert lore, also two walls of text inbound)
    Hunger of the Gerts Part I is pretty good for a remake, as it does help make a dated quest feel up to speed with the rest of the game. I'll be ignoring the dialogues for the most part as they are unfinished (maybe part 2 as well). The first section where you enter the tunnel to spy on the meeting is pretty much unchanged apart from a cutscene where a gert eats a pig (which is kinda funny), but after that instead of grinding for 6 Gert Skins, you instead have to carve your own mask. While the Gert Guard dialogue is a bit of a guessing game, it's easy to get out of and some of the dialogue, while still unfinished, is pretty funny. The carving part is also really cool too, although the only thing I dislike about the remake is that it still has the quest helmet in it, which can interfere with some builds that need their helmet (such as my archer that uses cumulonimbus to use olily). The tunnel you go through to 'eat' the animals is also pretty nice too, although again the quest helmet can make this section an inconvenience for people who need to go out of their way to get a normal weapon. Once you get to the end, you overhear the Gylia Guards talking about how they plan to starve out the Gerts and then the quest ends. I bring up that last part as it is important for some criticism of Part 2.
    Part 2 is a lot worse than its prequel and its old version. You overhear the gerts talking about how they are going to start the second war, and for some reason, even though you overheard the Gyila Guards starving out the Gerts, you decide to help the Gylia Watch. Cikal brushes you off and a new guard, Winie, catches your attention, and says you need to get people out. So you get two guards and tell them they have to leave, which they say no unless you lure them out with meat, which is too simple. For the second (third?) guard you have to do everyone's favorite mechanic for these new quests- dialogue guessing games. You then try to get the guards out of the basement but they locked it shut, then you have to go through a tunnel, which has easy miniboss #1, short parkour course, then miniboss #2, and then you go back to the Gylia Watch and the quest ends. This doesn't feel urgent at all and is too short to have any lasting impact. And that's not even covering my biggest gripe with this quest. One of what used to be my favorite secret discoveries was Mark of the Meteors, as it revealed a big twist - the Gerts were Villagers mutated by the meteors to be fueled only by the primal need to eat. However, after doing the secret disovery after completing Part II, instead of learning a huge revelation, it instead will make you go "wait that's why the guards were acting funny there? Why wasn't it clearer then?" or "i already knew this from the quest, no need for this to be here." The main reason why this quest isn't amazing is because Imaxe rushed it due to time constraints, and nobody should hold it against him, as he tried to get this out in time for 2.0, and when under pressure, people tend to make ill-selected decisions. I feel it should have been delayed to a minor update for 2.0 or maybe even get pushed back to 2.1, as I'd take a polished and refined piece of content at the cost of it being delayed by a year or so any day than having a rushed out mess being released when planned. Again, I wouldn't hold this against Imaxe, and nobody else should, because we're only humans, and we make mistakes.

uuuuuuuuuuuuh, Ingo and PlasmaWarrior like this.
  8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    hold up there are pond textures? where?

9. Da Homeboi

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    On pretty much every water body in Wynn. (Think theres some in Gavel too)

10. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    can't access the sensus, but rework trickster and buff assassin. No one asked for a tank archetype for assassin and rightfully so, I'd just make it similar to 1.20 assassin

11. lemonalade

lemonalade [insert misinformation here] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not technically a tank archetype, it's designed to be support (Mirror Image just happens to be a crappier version of Mantle of the Bovemist which is what makes it feel like a "tank"). That being said, it still fails to fulfill either role due to functionality of Clones so I do hope it's just something they revisit to make it more useful and not just be some knockoff of a different ability

Namakobushi and Endistic like this.
  12. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Then the question still remains, why did assassin need a support archetype? The clones are cool, but the support role doesn't fit assassin at all and they nuke your damage making you just as important as them in terms of damage (which is the entire point of assassin) which feels really weird. I think it'd be cooler if they were expendable and did something cool if they died like exploding or giving you buffs or something and then just make trickster a dps class. Acrobat is cool, but it doesn't feel like assassin so it'd be cool to have a dps class that does and plays like old assassin. The other archetypes have pretty fitting kits, summoner is pretty weird, but it still kinda fits shaman's role, in most cases the archetypes make certain aspects of a class more extreme like how warrior being a bruiser class has a safe tank option, a risky damage option and a neutral combat option, shaman is a support damage class so it got that amplified in acolyte, got versatility in the ritualist masks and summoner is naturey themed kinda so ig it fits, archer has boltslinger and sharpshooter which are two dps classes with one focused on spellspam and one focused on consistent decent damage and trapper fitting the hunter theme, mage is decent with two archetypes being support based, one less so than the other but gaining damage which helps, arcanist is weird and I don't particularly like it, but it fits the general mage theme since they are combat based in a lot of games, I really don't see why assassin needed a support option when it's outclassed and honestly pretty boring, all it does is protect against unimportant mobs that are just a nuisance.

lemonalade likes this.
  13. Wackolo

Wackolo the converger CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ratio

Sunstar and Hei like this.
  14. ocu

Minecraft:

15. Jackkoh

Jackkoh Grass of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can y'all fix item drops getting sent to andromeda pls ok ty

16. EpsilonDown

EpsilonDown Vibing to TNA theme HERO

Minecraft:
    Can you please, shorten Canary Calls mining sequence

It's boring and realistically, how is player able to drill hundreds of blocks while choking on toxic gas

17. ocu

Minecraft:
    Bump! If you haven’t taken the Census, make sure to do so

18. LuCoolUs

LuCoolUs Nerd CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Quests having Dialogue Options hugest improvement ever. They feel so much more interactive now.

Castti and uzbuz like this.
  19. JerryStuffRo

JerryStuffRo Well-Known Adventurer Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dunno if it's been mentioned before but one of my favorite minor reworks was Feathers Fly Part 2, when you can either lie or be honest about Ava's intentions. I feel like it adds a tiny bit of personality to the player, but I don't know if regardless of choice this changes something afterwards, but it'd be nice if it did.

If more quests had stuff like this, I'd certainly keep replaying them more to see what other options lead to.

Aya, starx280, WithTheFish and 4 others like this.
  20. ocu

Minecraft:
    bump! still accepting responses

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.