Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

[Poll] Did you quit after 2.0 came out?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by OriTheSpirit, Sep 24, 2022.

?

Have you quit?

1. Yes

10 vote(s)
    4.2%
  2. Yes, but I still stick around the community.

15 vote(s)
    6.4%
  3. No.

211 vote(s)
    89.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Collapse is still best mythic of course I'd still play

2. Wackolo

Wackolo the converger CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

3. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please can 2.0 haters keep making cope threads they are so entertaining

4. wxhlf

wxhlf wxhlf HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    one_ood, WithTheFish, Dr Zed and 4 others like this.
  5. Glazer

Glazer retired Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Prior to this update, I was planning on quitting because the game was just getting so stale for me and I was enjoying other games way more but I decided to give the new update a try on release day and have been enjoying it ever since, especially doing TNA since it has great replayability and was generally an enjoyable raid to do. I'm a big fan of certain changes and not a big fan of another, as much as I think the update has flaws, it's definitely heading in the right direction.

uzbuz, Wackolo, TheEpicCajun and 5 others like this.
  6. ThedumbOX

ThedumbOX I swear I’m straight HERO

Minecraft:
    I played 2.0 for a while, but i stopped cause it was getting boring (doing stuff was too much effort)

7. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow! they changed and re-coded all of the game's combat mechanics and spells and they didn't get good balance on release, how horrible!

seriously though:

1: you are banned, quit malding
    2: although there are balance issues, the update as a whole is quite fun
    3: Wynn updates coming out with a bit of polishing needed is... literally just normal
    4: :crab: Yahyabot is gone :crab:

XavierEXE, Sar, uzbuz and 9 others like this.
  8. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. later i'll prove you wrong
    2. yeah I'll agree it is fun but on a balance standpoint it's horrendous
    3. they had a beta phase and one entire year to filter potential imbalance, they are indeed doing some balance work which is appreciated i guess
    4. :crab: colossal rat :crab:

no rat

9. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

There was plenty of balancing done on beta, it's just unrealistic to expect a group of maybe 30 regular players to be the best source of game balance feedback

SuperTheFlugel and That_Chudley like this.
  10. Madkurre

Madkurre construction worker HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yea it's p good actually i think in my opinion from what ive seen after playing a while and seeing how the update went and what the game has become, it's pretty fun and definitely an improvement, from my point of view ofc

Castti and That_Chudley like this.
  11. Lunatic_Lady

Lunatic_Lady can i get a uhhh uhhhhh Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    good update! the only bad part is that it didn't add guns and didn't add dern and fruma and updated wynn and ocean and desert and mesa.

•WhiteWolf• and WithTheFish like this.
  12. Keeko100

Keeko100 static VIP+

Minecraft:
    I 'quit' during 1.20 because I saw that Wynn was fully indulging in all of its worst aspects with little improvement. Everything frequently broke, writing/characters were incredibly one dimensional and uninteresting with quests like RoL forcing you to focus on that aspect of Wynn, and the lack of QoL features was becoming unacceptable.

Came back for 2.0 and am really enjoying it. A lot of my issues with 1.20 got fixed in subsequent patches and the new skill trees allow me to enjoy my favorite part of the game - buildcrafting - even more. The new/revamped quests this update are really cool and actually have some solid writing? Not super amazing or anything, but just solid. LOVE all the reworked builds. Nesaak is such a delight to visit... though I really miss old Kandon-Beda. The new one is just... a platform.

Wynn still has its problems, of course. The CT has talked at length about how difficult working within Minecraft is and how bugs just happen, and yeah, I get it. I know what working with Minecraft is like. It fucking sucks. Buuut there still seems to be a notable lack of a good QA team? I don't really know how the CT works internally but the amount of grammatical errors and frequently broken quests/discoveries/interactables is worrying. I can understand broken stuff being broken when pushed to live, but... missing punctuation? That stuff shouldn't slip through on one of your big revamped quests.

But I digress. Wynn is in a great spot right now - the best its ever been, I'd say. The open world remains packed with stuff to find, exploration is engaging, leveling up a character is always a good time with Wynn's gear progression, buildcrafting in endgame remains one of its best and mechanically deepest parts and has only been enhanced by this update, the improvements to dungeons are great, QoL features are rolling in steadily, raids are a good time, and the writing is finally good enough to justify long cutscenes and character dialogue. Lag has basically been a non-issue for me this update and, despite my gripes earlier, Wynn is less buggy than its been before.

Very excited for future updates. Let's hope Fruma's a good one.

Dr Zed, EPIC67890 and Castti like this.
  13. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A lot of QA "not fixing it" is just that we can't recreate it, rather than a lack of knowing the issue. As for grammatical errors, it just gets missed. A lot of the time it doesn't though, but you would never see that.

aFireBlaze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.