Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hotfix 2.0 - Hotfix #3

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Sep 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THE HERKSTER

THE HERKSTER Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Love this game

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Salted, buddy, it's the most used because
    A. Most of Warrior sucks with the exception of a handful of perks. (Whirlwind Strike, Enraged Blow)
    B. It's the easiest archetype to play, probably in the whole game, if not just Warrior.

Also, I would love to know what metric you are using to determine the "strongest" archetype. If it is simply how often it successfully wins in fights, yes, Paladin will be very high up there, but that is because it has a very low skill floor so it's not very difficult to use. In comparison most other archetypes have a higher skill floor, but a much higher skill ceiling, so at maximum potentional of almost everything is better then Paladin.

Finally, I would like to bring up that tanks are still relatively op, in regards to sustainability (Namely due to health regen or life steal.) If you are looking at the strength of tanks, please, do not conflate the two.

Please, stop being high, thank you.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  3. Arbitrary

Arbitrary I like warrior HERO

Minecraft:
    I don't like the mantle nerfs. Nerfing provoke was fine, but since mantle is so early on the skill tree, a lot of hybirds can use it for extra survivability. I think the mantle nerfs are actually going to affect the hybrid builds that rely on it far more than it will affect paladin. Probably not the intended result of the changes. I personally would revert the mantle changes and nerf something else more "paladin-specific" (idk, maybe rejuvenating skin or something) or buff the other two archetypes' survivability in some way to make up for their loss.

Aya and SuperTheFlugel like this.
  4. Salami

Salami Assassin/Assassinself HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    these motherfuckers wont give a trickster/shade buff, or nerf any of the absolutely disgustingly broken archetypes like ritualist, acolyte, summoner, archer in general. like just take the black pill and accept they arent smart enough to balance

Vacuum Cleaner and Hei like this.
  5. ReReverse

ReReverse Social Anxiety (no longer) in a can! CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I guess Hotfix 6 came early.

6. Aftershokke

Aftershokke Meow?

Minecraft:
    ok bro tna is now tcc 2.0, insane mobs but ez boss, the most shocking thing was the soul shrub hp buff
    ok it got to the point where were dying to the heart of darkness and couldnt kill the voidhole in time, today i got 4 failed raids and lost 30 tol runes from raid keeper spam, guys pls fix raid keeper bug before i lose a stack more tols

7. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah fair enough, this update just nuked my opinion of the game balancers, shade could've been infinitely better if it was at its base just 1.20 assassin with marks, the burst playstyle was so cringe and assassin was a perfectly designed class that needed little change, but of course someone had to go full -5IQ and say "Hey you know that class that works perfectly as a dps class? Let's turn it into a burst class making it less fun, less skill expressive, less impactful etc." they just made shade inferior to 1.20 assassin in every way and the vanish cd isn't even that big of a deal, such a dogshit design, but if trickster was passable I wouldn't even care that much, but hey guys remember how everyone wanted clones to be part of assassin's kit well they're part of a tank class that's not even remotely fun to play lmao. I don't know why buffing things that feel like shit to play is like pulling teeth with them in a PvE game, assassin has two poorly designed classes and an underpowered one, the violent vortex buffs are useless, it's a useless ability anyways.

Vacuum Cleaner likes this.
  8. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Profile pic checks out lol

FelixTape and Castti like this.
  9. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Also, Paladin's so widely used because it's the only good tank archetype in the Game. Until Trickster gets buffed enough to become a viable option for tanking, or other classes get Major IDs or archetype reworks that allow them to tank, it will always be extremely widely used just by virtue of being the only real option for its role

JaydonTheWarrior likes this.
  10. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It won't be anymore, so don't worry about that.
    "In the sense that it sucks now."

Mistrise Mystic likes this.
  11. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I understand you disagree with the change and all, but I mean doesn't that sound a bit too pessimistic? Besides, it's only the 3rd patch anyway.

FelixTape and Castti like this.
  12. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They nerfed Warrior last patch as well, it's the trend that worries me.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    Sg_Voltage likes this.
  13. LiteralSatan

LiteralSatan The Disco Charity accepts all contributions CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It’s also that there were a lot of issues with the update and patches that could have worked on, but they instead decided to pick at an issue that wasn’t there.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  14. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Not to mention the pretty consistent trend of warrior being pretty bad in the 1.x series of patches lol

15. SkiesUnknown

SkiesUnknown skie HERO

Minecraft:
    Cope + Ratio + You’re fizi + skill issue + Lssassin main

cmosier, Werveh, FelixTape and 5 others like this.
  16. AveArcher

AveArcher Ave

Minecraft:
    I wanna come back to this to provide some more feedback after we've settled down a bit. Last night I left a knee-jerk reaction to the provoke nerf and basically said "provoke nerf is dogsh" but I enjoy legitimate discourse so I'm gonna provide some honest feedback. I'll try to keep this short, but if you've seen my other posts, I have been known to write about Wynn for 2+ hours.
    I want to preface this with the fact I have not ever used or played warrior in my life, period, so this isn't out of a sad/angry reaction my favorite class/ability was nerfed. However, one of my currently best friends (and someone I play with often) mains paladin warrior. Having them around in fights was a luxury as I main boltslinger archer, and on most non-raid fights their provoke allowed me to get away with melting bosses while my friend's provoke kept aggro (except corrupted slykaar because tp spam = hard boss). Now I don't grind raids often, so I don't quite have raids completely mastered and still struggle on any raid that isn't NotG. That being said, the fact most raid bosses have a lot of adds or attacks that can damage more than one person, even no-cooldown provoke wasn't enough to keep me from dying sometimes in the aforementioned raid bosses.
    Just yesterday, I was doing Nexus and my entire party died except for my paladin friend. As I'm now 90% sure Orphion has a self-heal spell, my friend was unable to out DPS Orphion, and Orphion net-gained health even with the unkillable paladin practically riding him. Paladins are for the most part, useless in boss DPS, and their primary role is to redirect boss damage to themselves to protect their party. As you saw from just reading, because the paladin was unable to effectively redirect aggro, this lead to the entire party being killed except them, and when this happened, they were unable to kill the boss.
    Paladin DPS sucks against bosses, period, so it's not like paladin was "too strong". Specifically the drastic provoke nerf took away the paladin's most defining and powerful ability, and because of this paladins are now deadweights in any legitimately challenging fight. I feel Greg aggros onto whoever is currently dealing the most DPS (fact check would be appreciated) and in playing boltslinger, I very frequently make him angry at me. This results in the paladin chasing Greg, as Greg chases me moonwalking backwards across the arena mashing arrow storm. Unrelated complaint, I then walk backwards into a Greater One and am stunlocked. You should not be able to be stunlocked in MC, devs, looking at you.
    Paladin is now useless. I understand that paladin effectively being able to constantly redirect aggro is a bit too powerful, but the 10 second cooldown is by far too much as the paladin cannot do it enough to protect their party. I would change that cooldown to 4-6s personally. Until then, paladins are, again, deadweight.

17. turtletop

turtletop Well-Known Adventurer Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    you can't please everyone

but where in the world is the arcanist buff

18. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hot take but this is kinda deserved. Even outside of TNA, a paladin could basically guarantee a win in everything except maybe three plat. Mantles were also almost always use in hybrid builds, often making corrupted less dangerous. Hopefully this encourages tanks to be more active in how they play, since it’s always been normal for tanks to just afk with a healer and a set of high hp gear, not actually contributing to gameplay beyond being there

Castti, Dr Zed, luckeyLuuk and 2 others like this.
  19. Superdude911

Superdude911 Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    sucks to see my only class get nerfed, i assume the provoke stuff was necessary given all the stuff with tna, but man nerfing mantle feels awful, what is the point of paladin if you remove a big part of the tankiness? crazy example but consider hearthstone, they take stock of class archetypes and personality and dont implement changes that just flip it on its head. i dont know why that can't be translated here, paladin is bad at everything but tanking and that's why i like it! i like to take damage and protect my team, i dont want a 20% damage buff to an ability that i have, to be frank, literally never noticed proccing. paladin should not be a hybrid class, battle monk should be that if anything. paladin should take a lot of damage and deal none, that's why its fun!

luckeyLuuk and Namakobushi like this.
  20. XaNo11

XaNo11 Travelled Adventurer

Tank in its "Spam War Scream for Easy fight" state was definitely :

1. Not fun nor challenging to play

2. Very effective and has no risks

3. Doesn't do DPS at all, but let's others do so without risks as well

If the Wynncraft Dev Team would want a fix that allows for Paladins to tank and be an active and more challenging class, they would need to look at how a tank should taunt/keep aggro and to make it differ from spamming one spell infinitely. By making other spells provoke enemies or create a "Taunt" stack that increases on spell usage, it would be more interesting and outgoing than Paladin has ever been. By effectively making Provoke useless, Paladin loses all reason to exist. The problem isn't

"Oh, Paladin can always have aggro"

Nah, that's not the problem. The problem is that it's too easy and not risky for paladins to keep aggro infinitely. They need to do it actively through mechanics, not mindless button pushing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.