Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hotfix 2.0 - Hotfix #3

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Sep 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Werveh

Werveh numba 1 shaman CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ghfjhgjghghhgjv.gif

2. a92b

a92b Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Any explanation for the pouch pickup inversion?

3. AveArcher

AveArcher Ave

Minecraft:
    Paladin effectively acted as a party's shield/tank, unable to deal much damage but unable to take much either. Because of that provoke to 10s (like really, a whole 10s?), the paladin now effectively acts as a ______. Paladin has been changed from party tank to moral support
    And like, if this WAS exclusively because of Greg, why tf did you not just make the arena a solid square instead of nerfing the entire class that cheesed it?

Edit: I don't like bashing things without providing a solution myself. To be honest, that 10s cooldown is a good laugh, but honestly just shorten that cooldown and it'd be fine

4. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finally, a class for me

ThedumbOX, luckeyLuuk, Aya and 5 others like this.
  5. AkhilFV

AkhilFV [MALD] The Clowns - Owner CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Paladin is also the tree that maintains the closest feel to what 1.20 warrior was, which many people enjoy and want to keep using. Tanky builds are naturally easier to use, so you will naturally find more people using that. Especially when some of the more powerful damaging abilities for the other trees are locked to late in the tree, whereas paladin gains good utility pretty early on so it's more practical at lower levels.

The provoke nerf is expected given TNA "cheese" strats but you could also argue this is simply what smart team planning should be, and its not trivial to tank the boss anyway. Balancing should focus on the raid, the other nerfs appear like an overcorrection. This is just my opinion but I know many others who share it. Please consider this feedback when re-evaluating paladin usage after this hotfix.

Also, inverting the chest pouch pickup is just really strange. Is there some really compelling reason why everyone now has to relearn new muscle memory for picking stuff up from chests?

6. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly content w/ this patch, didn't use paladin to begin with.

TCC change is a W.

starx280 likes this.
  7. Earthbrine

Earthbrine The Dirt of the Realm CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I won't be playing on my HIC paladin until paladin gets buffed again. Too risky.

JrAkcel likes this.
  8. mitsu_

mitsu_ Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Can you give us some examples of how and where paladin was considered strong to clear up the "only nerfed cus people play it". I'm a paladin player myself and the nerfs im sure have some reason behind them and not just blind nerfed.

9. Microvac

Microvac Everybody doesn't know VIP

Minecraft:
    To be honest, I don't believe paladin is strong enough just because they can 'cheese' Greg and make him dummy. As someone who struggles to aggro Greg every single second because he tried to switch his attention every second even when I cast war scream, I think 10 second cooldown is enough time to ruin the paladin's role as a party's toughest frontal shield.

I understand why they made decision like this. But there could be possibly, better ways to correct the problem other than ruining the Paladin's whole concept. Like making map border complete rectangle or square as some people say. Or there could be other ways. But not this.

JrAkcel, starx280 and RenZenthio like this.
  10. XaNo11

XaNo11 Travelled Adventurer

I believe that the entire Wynncraft crew is competent and is doing a great job, but I must disagree and point out that provoke is the NOT the problem in this situation. Sadly, I think that Greg's fight is what I would consider to be poor gaming design. As an old end game player of FFXIV, I've had my sheer amount of fun boss mechanics and fights that needed great teamwork, but Greg is not even close to this. It is not the players, or the Paladin archetype's fault if Greg can just mindlessly combo the tank and be stuck in the corner. A boss should have mechanics that either prevent or make this much more harder to do. Firstly, it now forces Paladins to use "Strobelight" if they want a chance at being a good tank AND doesn't change the fact that our beloved Greg is still going to be combo'd in a corner forever. The only truly unique mechanic of the fight is restrained arena area.due to the holes, but except that, its just all about keeping Greg in a corner and doing high DPS. Even the rooms before are more fun and challenging than Greg even is.

In terms of fun mechanics in a fight, you need to create mechanics that leave the DPS's and the supports vulnerable.

A good example in Wynncraft is Redbeard. Redbeard has cannons and minions, which constantly needs the DPS's to focus on their damage output and the cannons, and this makes the fight feel different + it feels original and fun.

TL;DR : Greg is brain dead and its entirely its fault and its missing features that make Paladin worth bringing every run.

11. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They'd rather completely ruin Paladin's identity instead of moving around a few blocks in the boss room to prevent the wall strat cheese. Big brain time.

This kind of radiates the same levels of logic as the Blue Bulb/Red bulb room in TNA: "Defend blue bulbs but also DON'T defend blue bulbs too hard otherwise red bulbs won't spawn and the room will take forever" - smh it's content meant for 4 players, why can't you let 2 people protect bulbs and 2 people hunt red bulbs. And I know that a CT manager said this would be changed, but it hasn't happened in 2 hotfixes so far, and the fact this was even implemented in the first place is just...

"Paladin is this tank support style archetype, but also let's make him not able to be the tank support style archetype"

And I'm not even a Warrior/Paladin main, so this is not coming out of anger that my favorite thing was nerfed, I just don't get this backward logic.

12. SpellSpammer

SpellSpammer marked should mark the back of an enemy VIP

Minecraft:
    buff acrobat/trickster

buff acrobat/trickster

13. LiteralSatan

LiteralSatan The Disco Charity accepts all contributions CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    As a warrior main (once upon a time back in 1.19), this is a really stupid decision. But idk why we should expect the CTs to do anything about it given their track record thusfar so I'm not gonna hold my breath.

CoolVictor2002 likes this.
  14. ShadeLeone

ShadeLeone Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Trickster now has a better taunt than paladin! Thanks for the buff :D

15. AustinGamers

AustinGamers Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    nice now fix 'Mixed Feelings' and the server lag in specific places

16. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    me when assassin is allegedly garbage because of vanish cd when that's the least of its problems

17. Mesyder

Mesyder Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Fun side fact: assassin has an upgrade giving his smokebomb an aggro mechanic for 20sec, refreshing itself aswell. Even promotes fulltank builds since yiu have to stand inside smokebomb. So effectivel, nothing changed. Now everyone wants to have a fulltank assassin in his party to facetank greg. It just lowered player choice and made warrior useless for this raid.

Microvac likes this.
  18. Hansel

Hansel A Traveler HERO

Minecraft:
    buffing greg next patch? also very cool Salted

19. Aftershokke

Aftershokke Meow?

Minecraft:
    If u guys increase acrobat damage (specifically lacerate and jasmine bloom)
    i will be content for the rest of my assassin life (probably)

Endistic likes this.
  20. SizofrenKedi

SizofrenKedi Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    PALADIN STRONG?? PALADIN POPULAR??? THATS SO WRONG WTF?? AND YOU NERF IT :SKULL:

Paladin MUST be able to tank mobs thats its pure reason to exist you guard your allies right?
    By nerfing its tankiness and provoke you're damaging its reason to exists.

Buffing its damage? No one cares about its shield damage or sparkling hope getting buffed.

About the shield nerf so... you nerf it TO 0.25 SECONDS wtf thats like literally 1.25 seconds if you are tanking something with 5 mantle AND NOW ITS COOLDOWN IS 25 SECONDS. At least its still good for tanking nuclear bomb kinda spells.

I think provoke nerf was needed indeed adding a cooldown to it is reasonable IF ASSASSINS LURE WASNT STRONGER THAN PROVOKE OF COURSE LOOK AT THIS ::: IT LASTS FOR 20 SECONDS(lmao did i mention that it has no cooldown) i dont think thats fair guys do you?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
    JrAkcel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.