Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hotfix 2.0 - Hotfix #3

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Sep 22, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmtn

hmtn Archivist of the Realm VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    .... if it's ability to tank has been hit like this, then what exactly does Paladin do now? Paladin's tradeoff was unkillability in return for not really being able to hurt anything very well. Seriously, Greg tries to switch aggro what feels like every single second in TNA, at least. With this provoke nerf, it seems as if Paladin can no longer effectively act as the party's shield.

Looking at the damage buffs, it seems to be more of a hybrid, now? And while that's kinda neat, it removes the purity of design that Paladin had going. Like, people who played Paladin loved it and people who didn't also didn't want to touch it. It was very much an "only good at one thing" class, and that one thing was staying alive.

DPS gates only really start showing up later in-game, and without those of course Paladin's going to eventually get through everything. Speaking as a Paladin player, though, this was a slow and patient grinding down compared to, say, the fast-paced hurricane of a boltslinger. That was the trade - in exchange for much higher odds of victory, you'd be much less efficient and take three years to kill Amadel.

The one place that Paladin excelled in was raiding, because provoking into your stone wall ensured that your party could focus on blasting the boss as hard as they could while dodging the effects.

I feel like it's a misdiagnosis. The problem was the wallhugging, not the Paladin. Speaking as one of like three Paladins who didn't wallhug, proper tanking is hard! Between the aforementioned constant aggro switch attempts and the fact that Greg hit hard enough that you couldn't just facetank him, Tanking took effort! If you failed, the rest of your party's challenge, already hard, would get that much harder!

This nerf removes that single thing that Paladin is good at. The damage buffs are nice, but if you want to deal damage then realistically you're not going to be headed down the Paladin route. You're going to go through/hybridize Fallen or BM instead.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
  2. Deusphage

Deusphage gruesome grue Modeler CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    LET'S (LET US) FUCKING GO!

starx280, PlasmaWarrior and touhoku like this.
  3. shacers

shacers no longer replying VIP+

Minecraft:
    didnt you guys say you were changing trickster? is this not happening or are you still working on it? also im not sure how to feel about paladin but ty for the slowness nerf and tna nerf.

one more thing, please buff acrobat with an airborne damage booster. and also reduce vanish cooldown by 1 second but not necessarily needed so its fine if you dont.

4. TheNelston

TheNelston only ironically afk in the head HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    can we get much higher

ThedumbOX, Rymux and Wackolo like this.
  5. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    uh. btw. chest loot was planned to have mobs take prio over territories right? it's still not the case as of this patch

6. basementbob

basementbob God of Corkus and Meme Land CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    yipeeeeeeee

7. Calluum

Calluum Cal CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's not inherentely strong when you compare it to other classes archytypes, nor is it really excelling at anything more than tanking for warrior, its the "strongest" throughout the game because corrupted while design wise is cool is completely impractical in a normal setting throughout the game. People will err towards paladin as it's the easiest to use but that doesn't make it good enough to nerf how it has been. The provoke changes are good and if that was the only change for paladin it would have been fine.

8. SoulyHere

SoulyHere She/Her

Minecraft:
    Good. Now nerf Nexus of Light mobs so it’s actually a level 80 raid with level 80 difficulty. Even a well-equipped level 100+ team can fail this raid.

9. shacers

Minecraft:
    WOW ITS NOSOUL THANK YOU FOR BUILDS. also this is so true like what the fu-

also look i just realized you nerfed the effect by .25 seconds. like what the hell. i can already die extremely fast (btw im playing level 33 paladin so this is not endgame perspective) as paladin, .5 time and all, this is not a good change

Chuckjirka and SoulyHere like this.
  10. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    do these changes affect only the regular raid mobs, and not the boss?

Last edited: Sep 22, 2022
    SoulyHere likes this.
  11. Pxyie

Pxyie Skilled Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thanks for the funniest joke ive read all week i needed a good laugh.
    ...Wait, it isn't a joke?

12. wish

wish I eat pizza upside down HERO

Minecraft:
    Loving the new Assassin buffs!

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  13. Etherweaver

Etherweaver Overseer of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Bump this hotfix 3 patches up and it’ll be a lot more appropriate for what it contains.

14. HoJ_

HoJ_ Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    assassin buff when

15. Daktota

Daktota Daktota The Rock Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corrupted is still extremely good and bmonk movement is still one of the best what...

16. XEternal_

XEternal_ Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    looking for assassin buffs

Vacuum Cleaner and Hei like this.
  17. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bro assassin is CLEARLY OP in the early to endgame surely, it doesn't need a buff it's yeah jesus christ dude every archetype is just straight up inferior to 1.20 assassin even without taking vanish cd into account

18. shacers

Minecraft:
    um acolyte? most of shaman? certain warrior setups? no but really assassin isnt super in need of a buff, its just that acrobat might need a bit more damage and also trickster is kind of oof, yeah it synergies well with shade but isnt good on its own

19. Calluum

Calluum Cal CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corrupted is not very good on an entire game playthrough whatsoever, yes its very high dps and funny on some builds and good in wars but in most practical settings it falls short, and what does bm movement have to do with anything? I'm not arguing which class can charge best I'm arguing paladin nerf was unjust

one_ood, Maximdem, lindafelix and 3 others like this.
  20. Mesyder

Mesyder Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    • Added a cooldown to Provoke (0 -> 10s)
    Although there have been multiple requests to buff Paladin, we found out that it was in fact the strongest archetype from early to endgame (and also the most popular Warrior archetype). We think this power comes from the aggro and defence mechanics so we're nerfing that and buffing other aspects instead.

I'd like to suggest, that this might be a step too far. Now paladin will be completely useless outside of wars. Having the role of a tank is useless if unable to take boss aggro. It was already hard enought due to the "bug/weird game mechanic" of greg getting aggroed by too many hits. He already deaggroed after ~1-3 seconds due to archers arrowstorm/ firebombs. Now getting greg aggro to be useful is near impossible.

Furthermore, slight buffs to corrupted/ bmonk will not improve how fun this fight feels. Boss mostly aggroes archers so 90% of the time as a warrior you run after the archer player who has way more mobility than you.

EDIT:
    I dont see why paladin should be buffed. Neither should it be nerfed. But instead make bmonk playable. I mean, bmonk was so underwhelming that i didnt even put it onto my tstack collapse...

The sole reason why tank was viable is now gone. Watch ppl playing fulltank assassin with smokebomb aggro spell (last for 20 sec and insta refreshes) which was already wayyyy stronger than paladins aggro mechanic.
    But i mean... Somehow you got to get tomes on warrior, right? And i didnt want to feel completely useless just by class choice.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.