Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Resource Pack Not Loading

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Xatruo, Aug 29, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xatruo

Xatruo Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I know there are other threads covering this topic but none of the ones I have seen have been able to help me much if at all. For some reason, the wynncraft resouce pack refuses to load when I launch the server. I have the setting enabled in my server list as well as I have tried changing versions, uninstalling/reinstalling minecraft, and looking in the roaming files for it but no luck. Any links to downloads of the pack I have found are outdated versions of the pack. Other servers work just fine and on other computers I have had no issues with wynncraft's pack before. Any help would be appreciated.

2. UltraDog09

UltraDog09 Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    My friend has the same issue on the beta server, wish i knew how to help.

3. SKZR

SKZR Well-Known Adventurer

Try switching from "enabled" to "prompt" or the opposite. Fixed the issue for a friend

4. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    I tried doing that with multiple versions of the game and as far as I could tell nothing changed. One thing I did notice whether it matters or not, is that the size of the resource pack kept changing when it would try and download. Sometimes it would be closer to 4.3mb and other times it would be closer to 3.6mb.

5. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    Update: Resource pack works on the beta server but not on the main server. No idea what the difference is but I managed to copy the server pack from the beta server and use it as a normal resource pack. Ideally, I would like to find a solution to this problem so that I don't have to worry about updating the pack in the future but this works for the moment.

6. OriTheSpirit

OriTheSpirit Feesh Time 24/7 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    version differences

check server settings or clear your folder at C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Roaming\.minecraft\server-resource-packs and try again
    (note: this will clear ALL the stored resourcepacks)
    finally, you can also use wynntils since they load resourcepack by default

7. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    I might just need to take a look at wynntils. When I first had this issue, I was loading vanilla MC for the first time on this device so the folder was empty to start with. I did notice that there was a file in the folder when I joined the server for the first time but it disappeared after I disconnected and has not reappeared since. Also, I could be wrong but I am fairly sure that the file size differences was when I was just disconnecting and reconnecting to the server on the same version of the game.

8. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    Yea so after trying wynntils it doesn't seem to fix the issue. I have no idea exactly what the problem is but the fact that it makes an attempt to load the pack and then it just doesn't work is annoying and makes it impossible to play the game.

9. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    I managed to get a file name out of the server resource pack folder when it was stuck at 98% when downloading the resource pack while trying to join the server. No idea if it will help any but the file was ec2a0c00062457c540bbe13f873113ad9f798602 I have no idea if it was a .txt file or something else because it disappeared when the server gave me a java exception and booted me and I haven't seen it since.

10. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    Have you ever loaded it before in 2.0 (including the beta)? If so, go to your .minecraft folder and open the server resource packs folder
    One of these should be the Wynncraft resource pack, so just put them into your resource packs folder and test them all out until u find the Wynncraft resource pack (it may or may not be the long list of letters and numbers you listed above, so if u see that try it out first)
    Then just turn set the server resource packs to disabled for the wynncraft server and log on with the resource pack

edit: found out there’s a much more coherent guide for this : p
    Just follow this but instead of using the resource pack they named, try them all out until you find the Wynncraft 2.0 one
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/how-to-install-the-wynncraft-official-texture-pack.255268/

11. Xatruo

Minecraft:
    At the moment, the solution I am using is I got the server resource pack file from a friend and put it into my server resource pack folder which works. The issue I was having was that with a fresh install of minecraft, the first time attempting to join the server it would try and load the pack and get stuck at 98% for a while. While it was stuck, there was a file in the server resource pack folder but as soon as I either got kicked from the server due to a java exception or closed the game the file would disappear and nothing would appear back in the server resource pack folder. The main wynncraft server was the only server I had this issue with. All other servers including the beta server work fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.