Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

If you could make changes to any quests you want, what would you do?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by keithzzz, Dec 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Little Ghost

Little Ghost Your favourite vessel CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this is pretty much the conclusion i did come to, though i still generally felt a bit iffy on how it was executed is all lol
    i could understand where shes coming from at least, definitely agree in the RoL 4/5 part

MajorMiner and pseudonam like this.
  2. epicwynkrafgemr

epicwynkrafgemr Skilled Adventurer

Remove proffessions from every single quest in the game

AlleonVera, MajorMiner and pseudonam like this.
  3. Matheuzinhooow

Matheuzinhooow Matheuzinhow

Minecraft:
    I would make that all the quests you have to grind 1000 items for the NPC, And the lore at Realm of the Light (The quest where I would put that you have to kill 100 mobs to make a bridge, and after that, more 50 mobs that are in front of Bak'al) while Bak'al is just trying to grind some essences of the light dudes, ah, and dern is the realm of grind, you can not advance without killing 1000 mobs, and the final boss that is gonna be released in future gonna be the ultimate grinder.

4. MayIhaveItPlease

MayIhaveItPlease Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I wish ??? actually explained itself at the end instead of doing having to do extra lore. lol

5. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pretty much all the quests that have profs in them that would be exactly the same without the prof sections.

The three main offenders of this imo are Rise of the Quartron, Crop Failure, and Cook's Assistant.

Cook's Assistant actually uses profs as the bulk of the quest, but it is incredibly boring in the early game. I'd say it should be completely reworked so that it is still engaging while also being somewhat basic since it is an early game quest.

Crop Failure at least uses it in a way that it makes sense in context of the quest, but it is only used in the beginning. If anything, I'd say to put a section where there is another farmer in Olux that uses Doubiss' product and it actually works, in that sense it would then feel less like an unnecessary addition.

Rise of the Quartron is a completely different story, the part where you use profs isn't until the end of the quest which does not even relate to the main story at all. These last 2 steps which feel completely out of place in the main quest lock what is, imo, a pretty good quest, behind a level that doesn't really matter that much unless you wanna get into crafting and/or 100%-ing. I'd say if anything, you should receive 16 EB from the main quest (as well as Quartron's Eye), and then make the last two stages a World Event, and once you do that extra world event, you will then get 4 EB.

Underwater and The Shadow of the Beast aren't that bad imo, mainly because with Underwater, it is meant to serve as a better tutorial for gathering than Cook's Assistant, while Shadow of the Beast makes you use them throughout the quest.

6. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    replace LWT with EotS

7. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think ??? being a group effort is fine (likewise with raids), however people becoming more aware of its existence and receiving incentives would drive people to do it more as opposed to there being very limited reason to do it in the first place (outside of an XP boosting set and a very good XP amulet).
    Do you really want to lose your lips? Because that's how you lose your lips. Remember, Avos have beaks.
    lol
    Canyon Guides, I agree with, especially since I listed it in my (private) suggestions sheet as "merged with The Lost". No idea on how to execute it so I can't say anything 100% yet. As it is, changing the NPC that follows you (Seluc?) from an easily distracted Guard Mob to a Follower NPC would solve roughly 99% of the problems with the quest.

Fruman Walls reference should stay since it gives a perspective into the brainwashing Fruma is doing and an eventual endgame hook to liberate Fruma. Again, not sure how I or CT would execute it in-game.
    There already is a bonus: Additional lore.
    If Gurix lives, you'll be greeted with another Siegfried lookalike to keep the facade alive. Gurix then slips a key to the ground that lets you visit the interior of the Siegfried statue in Cinfras to reveal the truth about Siegfried.
    Though I agree on the sequel part, which I'm currently theorycrafting on.
    It more or less does if you can be bothered with doing the post-quest area.
    Before slipping into insanity, the four brothers Yahya, Nohno, Mehme and Sohso were scientists studying the meteors and their cosmic properties. Mehme in particular created a second puzzle to keep out a majority of the people outside, as a private area within the meteor to pour his thoughts on his eventual decline into insanity like his brothers (except Sohso, who was last travelling on an airship to Fruma).
    I'm trying to crop up a suggestion for reviving Naragath, though you might not like what it may end up like.

As a personal suggestion, I think one change I'd make is to make sequel hooks actually feel like something, like hype up new content, such as the door separating you from Dullahan in RoL3. I'm already working on a suggestion that does satisfy it, but I'm not sure how CT would execute it.

nightbaker likes this.
  8. LiteralSatan

LiteralSatan The Disco Charity accepts all contributions CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah I have no idea why they made shift the binding key for moving on with quests, it’s so annoying.

MajorMiner likes this.
  9. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    id improve every quest to be perfect, make every character relatable and likable, fix all the writing, have every gameplay segment be cool and awesome, have 4 pages of dialogue options and branching paths, and make all the lore clear and concise, obviously

wouldnt you

10. Matheuzinhooow

Matheuzinhooow Matheuzinhow

Minecraft:
    Ye, I would do the same, but thats harrdddd, better Grind Update Edition 2!

11. __Kofa__

__Kofa__ Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    What???????????????? Why? Fruman Walls is the best meme in Wynncraft history…

12. TheLMiffy1111

TheLMiffy1111 Previous Leader Of A Revived Wynn Community CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Replace all instances of Chinese in Enter the Dojo with Japanese for consistency, and remove the cringey, possibly a joke, map art of Chinese glyph on the building.

I get angry thinking about the quest please

13. Etherweaver

Etherweaver Overseer of the Realm

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Or just change it to High Gavellian to make it lore-consistent

Also the Fortuneteller should definitely get changed, possibly into a more lore-heavy quest

14. keithzzz

keithzzz Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    kandon is getting revamped in 1.21, so hopefully that'll mean fortuneteller gets at least some sort of revamp too

Etherweaver likes this.
  15. Daktota

Daktota Daktota The Rock Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Add more quests involving the ajb gang so it feels like you and your previous friends are wroking together finally. If lucius shows his progression as a character more slowly its mor climatic and then when he gets cut off its way more tragic.

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  16. TheAckening

TheAckening Local YIMBY

You are aware you can edit a post, right?

17. Wylaze

Wylaze Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    i would remove the 2nd stage of "The Royal Trails" its literrary the hardest thing in the game way harder then any boss like why does it even exist its so fucking hard ive been trying to do it for 2 weeks 1 hour evry day and i can never fucking do it its literrary the hardest thing in the game and whoever made it is a fucking idiot

18. Daktota

Daktota Daktota The Rock Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am not. Pretty new here, how do I do it? Edit: Ah I am so fucking blind. Thanks lmao

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.