Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's your favorite area/place/landscape in Wynncraft?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Olinus10, Nov 2, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Da Homeboi

Da Homeboi scream at me if somethings wrong with the wiki HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is pretty tough for me, but if I had to say my top 5, it would probably be this for regions:
    - 5. Wynn Plains - All in all great starting area, it has pretty good subregions too, my favorites of which are the Roots of Corruption, Time Valley, and Ancient Nemract
    - 4. Corkus - Steampunk vibe is pretty cool, I also kinda like the elevation, although it can get a bit annoying sometimes
    - 3. Kander Forest - Pre 1.20, I'd say it is the worst region, now, MY GOD, the revamp 1.20 gave this is just insane. I love how this has elements of the SE in there, the creatures also help the aesthetic, and the looor.
    - 2. Realm of Light - Like Kander Forest, this got a massive overhaul and looks SO MUCH BETTER than the pre 1.20 RoL. The aesthetic is pretty nice, this is essentially the SE but with a holy feeling to it, so in other words, almost the best, but one region inches out over it
    - 1. Silent Expanse - Still my favorite and nothing's changing that. I love the whole spooky vibe it gives, the subregions of it are amazing (my top 3 are Void Valley, Toxic Wastes, and the Eyeball Forest), and also the looooooor

My other favorite regions would be the Ice Canyon, Light Forest, Gylia Plains, and maybe the Canyon of the Lost (it has nice aesthetics, but the maze-like structure deters me from the area).

If I had to say the landmarks I like the best, I'd say the caves that have more gimmicks to them are my favorites. If I had to give my top 5, it'd look something like this (forgot the exact coordinates, so you'd have to look at the region they're in):
    - 5. Arched Hex Cave (Emerald Trail) - This is a pretty nice cave, it definitely serves its purpose as a tutorial eco-cave, it does its job well.
    - 4. Looping Cave (Time Valley) - Time Valley has some pretty nice caves added, but my favorite is this one by an inch, I love the somewhat-hidden detail of some signs near the entrance, and it feels so cool going through the cave while it ages over time. The other two caves I also really like is the Holed River Cave near Tempo Town, and the Ghostly Mansion Cave near the Sanctuary Bridge.
    - 3. Crypt Cave (Kander Forest) - This cave in the Kander Forest has a bit of a Tomb Raider vibe, as you explore the crypts of the people who died (some of which have names that add looooooooor), and I'm also pretty sure it is in the abandoned town ruins that are near the edge of Lake Gylia, so it can also add to that place as well.
    - 2. Olux Sewers (Olux Swamp) - The mechanics in this cave are amazing. We sadly did lose the Hanja Temple, but this is a nice replacement. You fight waves of creatures until eventually, you reach a boss fight that feels like it should be in a mainline quest, and keep in mind, this is only a Lv 55 cave.
    - 1. Vibrant Plant Cave (Realm of Light) - This is the Arched Hex Cave but for endgame players, and it does its job well. the first section is pretty straightforward, you kill the Leaves and move on to the more difficult section, which is killing Sunflowers to then progress to the third room, or you can bail out after you got to that point. This room is parkour with mobs that can serve as obstacles, and they rarely serve as nuisances to me. The final room is a boss battle on ice with a Rink Master. After that, you get a pretty nice reward for completing it.

All of the SE Caves are honorable mentions imo, because they layed the groundwork for what some caves should be in 1.20.

This ended up being somewhat close to an essay, but it's hard for me to explicitly state my favorite because a whole bunch of other areas are just as cool as those imo.

2. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have two, mainly for different reasons so.
    Maltic Plains is nostalgic to me, and therefore I love it.
    On the other hand, The Silent Express is actually my favorite, it's creepy and dreadful, and I love cosmic horror so.

Olinus10 likes this.
  3. FrozenEarth

FrozenEarth Community Helper + Wiki Manager Discord Moderator HERO

Minecraft:
    Absolutely love caves getting some attention. Their design is absolutely appreciated when done right and the difference between a modern cave and a legacy cave feels huge.

Aya, luckeyLuuk, Olinus10 and 4 others like this.
  4. Bwitty03

Bwitty03 Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    the new kander forest is great, you can really see how the decay is affecting it

Olinus10 and Da Homeboi like this.
  5. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    Molten Heights because i love FIRE

Olinus10 likes this.
  6. Olinus10

Olinus10 Wynntuber, Quest Guider & Let's Player Media CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    With the 1.20 rebuild they look epic! I just want rodoroc's insides to be rebuilt as well to fit the outside

7. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    There’s a section of mountains near the fortuneteller beanstalk that looks really really fucking good in terms of texturing. big fan of it

Olinus10 likes this.
  8. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never stopped loving the sky islands since the day gavel went live

Olinus10 and Pifg like this.
  9. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    i love them too except for when im casually riding my horse around, i cross over a slab, and then 5 seconds later im teleported above the void and fall to my inevitable death

10. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree the only thing bad about it is how easily you can fail a movement spell and fall into the void but I guess that's the point of the place.
    However, they really nailed the theme of floating islands.

Olinus10 likes this.
  11. zephyrforest22

zephyrforest22 Well-Known Adventurer

Molten Heights, mainly like Maex.

Olinus10 likes this.
  12. Croissant

Croissant emo loser VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Pirate town\pirate cove has a lot of really great and nostalgic memories for me (super underleveled warring back and forth against I think titans valour or hackforums? with my first ever guild trying to take the island, wynn olympics, vibing with some podcasts while farming jungle), and also for pure nostalgia the 1.19 and before emerald trail\ragni plains. Not that the new version is bad or anything, I actually think all the new additions are nice, but the old version reminds me of simpler times :)
    I also really like the pigman ravine village, the great bridge for the music alone, and the pre-1.20 nivla forest village. Efflim is really nice too

fish why this is the wrong answer

13. scootingscooter

scootingscooter Skilled Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I actually like nemract a ton, and ive used is especially through my first playthrough to get through so many quests. The "poor" town really strikes to me and i enjoy the music there as well.

Aya, cmosier, Croissant and 2 others like this.
  14. Crouton_18

Crouton_18 Either an Airship Captain or a Masochist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I thought I was original for my love of Cotl, but it seems others appreciate it's beauty as well. As for my favorite town, that'd be Maltic, it's nostalgic for me and plus it's just a really cute settlement

MlecznyHuxel99 and Olinus10 like this.
  15. ColorPoison

ColorPoison The Lord of pigeons CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I have to say the entrance AND the ruined olmic city, when i first entered them i got shivers and could feel that the place used to be a beatiful place until they got abandoned and became what they are today. By just walking through the city i can't help but feel the misery and sorrow of the olms that met a terrible fate and the "questline"? doesn't really help either. Seeing all that AND being the only one to survive through it? it still lingers in my mind when i ride through the whole of silent expanse.

16. That_Chudley

That_Chudley Wynncraft Addict HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree! And the music is perfect too, it makes the whole area feel so desolate

Olinus10 and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  17. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    okay genuine answer time: it's probably a tie between void valley (best atmosphere) or detlas (nostalgia + best builds) for my favorite area.

Olinus10 and luckeyLuuk like this.
  18. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    - cotl (i like that it can be actually challenging to navigate without a map, the atmosphere is cool. sad that in 1.20 they slightly edited the area of "the lost" quest, making the best view on the entire map not as great).
    - almuj (great desert town atmosphere with the bazaar and all)
    - kander forest (the new version is amazing)
    - llevigar/gylia plains (idk why, i've always liked these two basic, flat and calm areas)
    - molten heights (i wish they reworked the upper area too, i feel like it has a lot of potential to be cool)

overall i can say that gavel has many great regions

Olinus10 and cmosier like this.
  19. dogwqter

dogwqter Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree, early game areas have a special place in many people's hearts.

Olinus10, Sar and luckeyLuuk like this.
  20. NoGoodGod

NoGoodGod Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Dernel Jungle Because it’s so cool​

Olinus10 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.