Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

My Opinion On The Bonfire Festival....

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by FoxxoChan, Jul 21, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EvanOrizam

EvanOrizam Just your average Fruman supersoldier. VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I know that the event is not that great, being just cometics(that we don't need and don't actually benefit us anyway), but I like it quite a bit despite it being a trial run. If you actually play a little you will easily get some quality items, claiming all the crates guarantees you atleast 1 Godly, and you will probably be lucky enought to get 2 and a couple leftover items.
    You can do a daily objective on just one class to get a free daily crate. If you know what you are doing and have a couple classes above lvl10, this is pretty easy. I did all my objectives and in like 17/16 days left I got driftwood want, decated skull, 3 of the rare woobels, and like 3 rares and 1 extra epic. I was lucky but still...

2. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I scrapped all of my stuff for a particle effect

It was a godly but still

3. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    OO O O F
    Never scrap a decayed skull if you do not have another hat, cos literally all other hats are black market.

4. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    One of the items I scrapped was a decayed skull but I think I can get a black market if I'm lucky

5. Sploofie

Sploofie professional idiot VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The whole point of the event is to give people who don't spend IRL money on Wynncraft a chance to winn cosmetics. 30 minutes of grinding daily in exchange for 27 crates in total isn't bad at all. Also, you can't get any common items from the crates and all cosmetics are exclusive. The event helps keep Wynn alive and lets non-paying players get cosmetics that they'd usually have to wait a month to get, I see no downside to this :/

6. TheAckening

TheAckening Local YIMBY

My problem with this event is how basic it is. Like, free very good looking cosmetics are fun and all, but with a name like "Festival Of The Bonfire" I was expecting something more than a purely cosmetic event.
    I get not liking events/systems like this which are designed to make people throw money into (bon)fire, but because the people who get money from Wynncraft actually still need the money, I don't care much as long as the tactics to get money don't get more extreme. (I'd say champion was "more extreme", though.)
    (Also why was this event called "Festival Of The Bonfire" when nothing has anything to do with a bonfire?)

Partyu, FoxxoChan and Ava Cart like this.
  7. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It’s so an event like this can be put up on short notice so that work on the next main update wouldn’t be interrupted.

8. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you check out a couple of your classes, it's less than 15min, honestly, like "Craft 5 Items", or "Gather 30 Resources"
    Also has anyome forgot how generous this event is? I mean each t1(23 in total) is like a regular t2.

9. Alagator06

Alagator06 Skilled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just the opinion of a poor non here, as has been mentioned already, 27 free crates seems quite generous for a single event. I realise that this only seems generous because I would not usually be getting crates, but even still, its just cosmetics, like damn, its not salted's fault if you pour money into crates just because you didn't get your desired rng item. I mean, the option is there for you to do so, but that doesn't mean you should do it. Especially when they're not even really improving your gameplay other than letting you flex some shiny particles.

To me it looks like a rich player having a sulk because they can't just get what they want by throwing money at it. I don't really mind though, because at least the devs are getting paid. As for the design of the event, it doesn't really have any suggestion of content, so I wasn't particularly upset that it isn't adding anything new in that area. I guess what I'm getting at here is maybe don't give the devs so much of a hard time (actively pinging them on discord and the forums to tell them how bad their work is) because it probably discourages them from doing similar things in the future. Even if you didn't enjoy it personally, I think you even mentioned somewhere that its an awesome opportunity for non-ranks like myself to collect some cosmetics. Tbh I feel like I'm ranting here, where realistically I don't have anything against someone expressing an opinion, it just seems ungrateful to be complaining that much about something that really isn't so bad. I feel as if the problem here is not with the game, but with certain people's self control.

10. EvanOrizam

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You got post #69 xD
    Also I 100% agree with you although I got VIP+ a couple months ago. The CampFest is great news for everyone tho, because it means extra cosmetics for all of us, from non to Champion. Also it introduced the first non-Black Market hats in Wynncraft history that also look pretty decent( Decayed Skull, Bunny Ears and Corkian Goggles). Also everything except the weapon effects is a little or a lot above average on coolness.
    You can also try again to get the cosmetics you like next year, nd there will probably be several events across the year!

Alagator06 and AlleonVera like this.
  11. CountBurn

CountBurn Hackysack? HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    man i hate it so much when they add flavor to the cosmetics!11!1

12. blegar1

blegar1 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Should also point out, I've seen t1's and t2's with fox pets a few times. It's definitely possible (and pretty likely since a good amount of my chests had them)
    But I spent roughly $150 on the bonfire crates and got 4 fox pets out of it, so the luck is pretty high. A scam would be the luck is highly deceptive. Just more seems like the luck hates your friend.

SpKirby and Samsam101 like this.
  13. Torpid

Torpid Torpid Torpedo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree with a lot of your points, although I feel like this "update" wasn't really meant to actually add anything. It was just some cosmetics to keep the community happy and so we know the content team is still busy doing stuff. Because let's be honest, we only get a real, big update every year or so. This update was not one of those.

14. update to this
    I GOT ONE FINALLY
    praise lord salted
    ok please dont take this out of context
    im just happy that i got a wybel and that it didnt cost any money
    pretty generous ngl
    Wybel.png

15. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You could always have gotten them for free from free monthly crates but ok

AlleonVera likes this.
  16. for some reason when i claim monthly crates it just says "purchase complete" but like
    i never get it lol
    only got it once

Ninja_VK likes this.
  17. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    Same with me I can’t get anything from it
    The only way it works is with my one friend putting in my username for me

Mouse_throwdious likes this.
  18. fishcute

fishcute fish CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Sometimes there's two agreements you must click for it to send you the crate. one is center aligned and the other is left so it's hard to see.

19. i clicked on both
    you have to click on both or else it just doesnt say anything

20. Ninja_VK

Ninja_VK RainbowsRcool VIP+

Minecraft:
    But for me I saw both but I couldn’t click the second one (terms of agreement) no matter how hard I tried
    I was on mobile tho cause computer take 5 years to load safari so that could be the issue, (tho it wasn’t too small I’m 100% sure I hit it, it just doesn’t work)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.