Dismiss Notice
Want to stay up to date with Wynncraft? Follow us on twitter (@Wynncraft) and join our discord for fastest news, exclusive sneak peeks of future updates, store giveaways & more!
Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Patch 1.20.3 Full Changelog

Discussion in 'News & Patches' started by Salted, Jun 24, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. basementbob

basementbob God of Corkus and Meme Land CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    ok now that's based!

2. shork

shork Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Just wondering, how did heavy melee get so OP, is it just the str/dex changes and not having the heavy melee weapons changed?

3. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    Thank you Salted very cool

4. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Strength and Dexterity affect raws, and Heavy Melee hasn't been tuned down yet.

5. shork

shork Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ok, thanks

6. Wo2wz_

Wo2wz_ Cancer Premiumâ„¢ VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    depressing weapons buff when

Nukewarmachine, Th0mas1 and FurretGod like this.
  7. IBetterthanU

IBetterthanU Skilled Adventurer

I don't need sleep I need fission

8. Aezerie

Aezerie Professional Procrastinator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Great changes.

9. mama Luigi

mama Luigi Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Fission in other item when

10. CommanderKastro

CommanderKastro Well-Known Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Poggggggg time to join big guild
    Also assassin best salted proved it first legit mythic is dagger :salted:

11. meadow

meadow STILL #1 AS warrer // Abusing databases since 2018 CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Can we have another beta test when wars actually end and we don't get stuck on "You are already connected to this server"?

Update: lobby issue seems to be associated with duplicated wars

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
  12. Andkorn

Andkorn Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    It helps that literally every heavy melee item is Strength requirement, dex requirement, and defense requirement. Which locks them into ETF, meaning this update would buff 2/3 of the elemental powers. Heavy melee is fine where it was, possibly a buff where criticals impact the raw neutral damage being nice. It just so happened that because of the rework to how damage was calculated factoring in for Str and Dex, and the raw melee values of end game armor/weapons/accessories hadn't been tweaked yet. It'll be reworked no doubt to be balanced, It was just kinda funny how OP it was at the moment with original values mixed up with buffed damage calculations.

taketakeru likes this.
  13. taketakeru

taketakeru Travelled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    im very happy with the guild update.

Nukewarmachine and Salted like this.
  14. BrightDanny

BrightDanny Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    RIP WFA :(

15. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  16. ChromaticDragons

ChromaticDragons RAGE CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Does this mean that there is a new resource pack version?
    If yes, everytime I log in on the beta server I just get the pack that says (1.12.2, Dec. 23 2020). I don't know if this means that the date should be updated or if the pack has not changed.

17. Sugo

Sugo Tired Tryhard CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Still no guild housings :(

18. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Even though these changes all look cool, the changes to items and str/dex in the last patch just kinda ruined the game for me, all these balance changes with items and stuff are just insanely stupid imo, I think the meta was fine when this update came out, but now combat just feels awful with rainbow essentially being necessary outside of melee builds and then having tons of sp removed from items (which I think is stupid 90% of the time) no one likes getting on for an update and seeing the cool builds they made were either gutted or completely unusable thanks to pitiful balancing, maybe I'll return for the next update in late 2021/early 2022, but my god the way things are going with combat I'm kinda sick of sitting around watching the game take one step forwards and multiple steps back at every turn

19. Qzphs

Qzphs Unskilled Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    itemwise, early 1.20 was one of the least balanced patches i'd ever seen. fcosmos was absurdly strong, enabling insane survivability in rainbow. its high sp and low reqs also saw viable usage in spellspam grimtrap and other ridiculous setups. blue mask similarly gave rise to this defensively stacked idol and a number of hero builds. black catalyst and adrenaline were similarly busted, along with the pre-existing powercreep from cumu, ddance, pro tempore, okr, grookwarts, and 13sp necklaces. it didn't help that many existing big-names like medeis and cchain were still intact to be combined with aforementioned options.

strdex happens to address a major elephant in the room, which is that offense is too dependent on rarity baseline as opposed to the actual build direction. by diverting a large proportion of this dependency to skill points, responsibility for damage is now partially transferred to archetypes. this necessitated nerfs to skill point holders that could've been used to abuse this change, like dshroud and most of the rainbow meta. you'll notice that items that provided points in moderation, like teye, adrenaline, seipodon, and centennial, as well as items that leaned defensively like sparkweaver and capricorn, have gone untouched by this patch.

could you elaborate on what part of gameplay feels wrong? most all-rounder builds have received little change to their overall damage. ehp has sharply dissipated by it's still more generous than 20k-30k, the band that was widely recommended pre-raids. cci and other dev-related problems were only a problem in early 1.20, the meta you claimed to be "fine", and have only eased up now.

i think that pointswise this update has cleanly targeted many of the problems in the meta. if you were using some obviously unhealthy build like speedrun olily, then you should've been ready to accept that it would no longer work out after proper balance. otherwise, i feel that most normally designed builds like standard wf have survived really well.

cmosier and creature like this.
  20. DJ1234

DJ1234 Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Impressive, very cool!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.