Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What's Your Wynncraft Unpopular Opinion?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by •WhiteWolf•, Apr 12, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Mechorrupter of Worlds is one of the hardest LI bosses

2. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yahyabot is actually hard
    matrojan idol is 100% in top 3 hardest li bosses
    the eye isnt even a challenge once you do eo few times
    ahc fights are easy
    2nd room in tcc (the platform one) is one of the hardest things in wynn

Son_Omega_Dan and Castti like this.
  3. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Damn, I really liked UC. Especially the boss cos u can mess around with it.

This doesn’t apply to CUC that one sucks

4. Tyralion

Tyralion Knights in the Tiger Skin VIP

Minecraft:
    O-o-oh boy, here I go making enemies:

- The Trade Market is an unholy mess which likely broke the game more than fixed whatever it was supposed to
    - Aside from lootrunning items, professions and crafted items are about as useful as an Arts degree
    - The Golden Age of the forums is long behind us, as the community has already mostly migrated to Discord
    - The removal of some quests like Eye of the Storm, while unfortunate, is necessary if lore is to be kept consistent (just make sure to add another quest for that level)
    - Temple of Legends isn’t as atrociously long as some might say as long as you know how to fast-travel
    - The removal of the Troms cactus was a mistake, as was banning possession of vanilla items
    - Fabled items didn’t really need to exist
    - There is war inside the Fruman walls
    - Both old and new ??? are crimes against humanity, though for different reasons: one was a nigh-impossible puzzle, the other requires people
    - Lari is a way stronger character than Ava, at least due to the fact that Lari finally makes up her mind in RoL5 while Ava just throws a hissy fit and flies off
    - WynnCraft's lore makes as much sense as it can or needs to, it's just that you aren't reading the damned lines
    - The Jungle needs to be turned back into a dirt wasteland
    - The gradual change from the more spiky, angular mountains to the smoother ones hasn’t been the best decision (You thought I wouldn’t notice, eh?)
    - Siegfried should’ve been a villager posing as a hero instead of some generic Corkian human
    - Morph is a nice, albeit simple, set that deserves its place among other endgame builds

5. Pifg

Pifg aaaaaaaaaaaa CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    • Eye of the Storm was not nearly as bad as people made it out to be. Like, I get it, it's not the best quest ever, but people were acting like how bad it was was the end of the world or something. There were plenty of worse quests that I didn't see nearly as many complaints about.

• Lootrunning is silly. The reason chests are in the game is to promote exploration by offering rewards for going into caves and such. But leave it to wynn players to find a way to turn a system like that into a selfish, highly profitable endgame activity that a lot of endgame players do. I also don't like the idea of the lootrunner's discord bot that "helps people plan and helps avoid others sniping peoples runs" like jeez, that's pretty entitled, you think that just because you type a discord command, you have the exclusive right to every single chest in a large area of the map, completely ruining the chest system in these areas for non-lootrunners.
    AND ITS TIME FOR THE MOST IMPORTANT OPINION OF ALL...

changing the names of the chiefs in "clearing the camps" was a completely unecessary change and the wynncraft developers could've used the 20 seconds it took to do that on something that actually mattered but no, apparently Dolg, Visbe, and Elak weren't good enough names and they just HAD to be changed... smh

6. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Preach

7. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    -The death system in raids is mediocre and way too unforgiving, and limits mechanical complexity in encounters. Because of how dying in raids works, pretty much all non-resource encounters have mechanics that only really need two players, with the other two usually unnecessary to complete an encounter. (For example, the ONOL Darkness with the crystal holder and the other players guiding him; Only one guide is actually necessary to complete the encounter.) This formula for designing raid encounters limits to the amount of unique mechanics that can be made. The only exception I can think of to the two player rule is the triple platform room in TCC that needs three people, which I genuinely think is the worst encounter in any of the raids because of how the death system is set up so only two deaths is enough to instant-fail the challenge (among other things). It also generally feels terrible for players to become completely useless if they die during the boss fights, especially due to factors they can’t control, like lag spikes or being crystallized on a blood rune. I think a system with a shared life pool, a respawn timer, or both would be better.

-Soul points are a really terrible system that seems designed to turn new players away from the game, and unnecessarily limits the amount of tries a player has when it comes to difficult activities before they need to stop and sit there for like two hours waiting for their points to regen.

-I don’t think TCC needed to exist yet. The Canyon of the Lost hasn’t been touched up nearly as much as the rest of Gavel in 1.20 and the only context for the raid currently is in Discoveries. The time spent playtesting it could have been used to touch up NOTG.

-Raids in general don’t feel distinct enough from one another. The encounters all feel extremely interchangeable; for the most part, if you palette-swapped any of the encounters with one another I doubt any of the raids would feel any different, with the exception of the cloud rooms in ONOL because the jump boost makes both thematic sense and meaningfully changes gameplay. The lack of common mechanics between encounters within each raid also makes each room feel random and disconnected from one another, especially when the boss fights have mechanics that just don’t show up in any of the previous rooms. It’s made worse in NOTG and TCC by the lack of any sort of unique progression marker like the doors in ONOL.

-Lootrunning is a stale activity that needs to be reworked or outright killed. It’s been pretty much the only reliable source of endgame loot for nearly three or four years, and it makes no sense for it to be as rewarding as it is considering the amount of dev/CT time that goes into activities like quests and raids compared to it, or the difficulty of Lootrunning compared to literally any other endgame activity.

8. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    this thread was secretly made so CT and them people could see what the players don't like about the game

Juiceboxing, fishcute and AlleonVera like this.
  9. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I mean, have you ever seen Salted and Whitewolf in the same room?

10. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Corkus is overrated

Fleega, nicktree, RenZenthio and 2 others like this.
  11. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    People should stop saying "It's an MMORPG!" (or things of the same nature) in response to legitimate design criticisms.

Stag2001 and strikeflame5356 like this.
  12. DragonBeenz

DragonBeenz #1 morrowind user VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    COTL best area

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  13. TheWitch3r

TheWitch3r "Killing monsters" CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Canyon Guide is a good quest!

Arkade likes this.
  14. DragonBeenz

DragonBeenz #1 morrowind user VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why must you say that

sn0w____ likes this.
  15. TheWitch3r

TheWitch3r "Killing monsters" CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Because it's a fact!

16. shtnck eyh ckhhe

shtnck eyh ckhhe Jesus of Nether-eth

Minecraft:
    HOW DO YOU GET IT? EH? I WANT SALTED POOP NOW.

also, opinion: nepta is arguably cringe because its incredibly generic imo

17. Skylaar

Skylaar erm VIP+

Minecraft:
    Jenprest is best girl

Potatomancer likes this.
  18. strikeflame5356

strikeflame5356 what do I write here VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    RoL 4 is one of my favorite quests and I think Lari is a genuinely very well written character

and no it's not because I'm a Lari simp

Son_Omega_Dan and AlleonVera like this.
  19. Mardeknius

Mardeknius Architect of the Realm Item Team HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think I'm the only Jenprest simp in the history of Wynncraft

strikeflame5356 likes this.
  20. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft: