Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Happens If 1 Guild Dominates The Entire Map?

Discussion in 'Guild Discussions' started by Crokee, Apr 9, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crokee

Crokee Nudist poking eyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I ran a very funny theoretical calculation on what happens if just 1 guild were to own the entire map.

Tl;dr
    • Spiders at Mt. Wynn, Herb Cave, Waterfall, Frozen Fort, and Church can all be boosted with x4 XP and x3 damage (max level).
    • All Lv 90+ prof areas can be boosted with x2.8 (max level).
    • 150 Lv 3 Tome Seeking can be turned on for an average of 3.6 tomes/h with basic defenses.
    • All territories can be boosted with both max Tome Seeking and Emerald Seeking for an average of 9.7 tomes/h and 49 LE/h with no defenses.

Methodology
    Using [1] and [2] territory maps, I did the following:
    1. Count the amount of territories there are, noting down the number of each resource territories, rainbow territories, and double resource territories.
    2. Boost all double territories.
    3. Boost all Lv 90+ prof areas and XP grind areas.
    4. Add basic defenses, bonuses, and storages.
    5. Balance resources and maximize emerald gain.
    6. Maximize Tome Seeking.

Assumptions
    • Somehow, literally every major guild except random small guilds decide to simulate guild communism. Don't ask me why or how.
    • Random small guilds without a war team will still attack.
    • ~99% of the resources produced will be used up.

Results
    The spreadsheet can be found here. (Pictured may be slightly outdated.)

Step 1: Count the amount of territories there are, noting down the number of each resource territories, rainbow territories, and double resource territories.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Easy right? Uh... no... It took me a bit of calculations because of weird exceptions like Maltic Coast and rainbow territories. For those of you that don't know, Maltic Coast is a unique territory that produces both Crops and Fish at +3600/h, whereas literally any other territory except rainbow territories only produce one type of resource and emeralds.

Step 2: Boost all double territories.

[​IMG]

For cities, which produce double emeralds, Emerald Production and Emerald Rate are put at Lv 3, which is the maximum level for both bonuses. For territories that produce double resources including Maltic Coast, Resource Production is put at Lv 4 and Resource Rate is put at Lv 3 (maximum). Resource Production Lv 5 is not used because the extra 48k Emeralds being used is better off being used in other territories to be boosted for a much bigger output.

Step 3: Boost all Lv 90+ prof areas and XP grind areas.

[​IMG]

There are 10 prof areas with Lv 90+ profs. All of these locations are using the maximum boost of x2.8 (Lv 8). Molten Ore and Molten Eel is able to be combined into 1 territory, and Voidstone Ore is not included. I do not know the exact location of the Sky Island Voidstone Ore mining spot, which I believe it has 7 nodes and contains a lot of mobs. Nonetheless, there is leftover wood to boost this territory if so desired.

There are 5 XP grinding areas, of which are the Spiders at Mt. Wynn, Herb Cave, Waterfall, Frozen Fort, and Church. These are all be boosted with x4 XP and x3 damage (max level).

Step 4: Add basic defenses, bonuses, and storages.

[​IMG]

Now this is where things get interesting. First, I identified 77 territories of which are deemed bottlenecks. A bottleneck territory is defined as a territory where resource routing could be significantly hindered or completely cut off from other territories if they were to be taken over. These include to places where there is a double resource territory. I also assumed that one of these bottlenecked territories is an HQ, probably located in Selchar. The territories chosen are shown in the map below:

[​IMG]

The territories listed as PROF are deemed as bottlenecks. Some of these territories could be nerfed defense wise to bolster more important bottleneck territories, but I will not go into that. As you can see, SE is a pain to deal with in addition to the ocean, jungle, and the Nessak region. All bottleneck territories have a 7/7/7/7 defense with Lv 2 Tower Aura. The HQ is upgraded with maximum defense, including bonuses that contribute to defense.

For cities which are deemed bottlenecks, assume that their Resource Storage is upgraded to Lv 1 already as their resource production is also upgraded in Step 5.

The rest of PROF is not involved in any of these theoretical calculations other than myself. I labeled bottleneck territories as PROF only for the purpose of this calculation. I do not intend nor will strive for PROF dominating the whole map.

The rest of the territories have a 4/4/4/4 defense. Only 5 Tower Multi-attacks and 5 XP Seeking can be used in any 1 guild, no matter their claim size, so these are added as well. Emerald Storage and Resource Storage on the HQ is set to Lv 7, with a storage of 8.11m emeralds and 405.5k resources.

Step 5: Balance resources and maximize emerald gain.

Tower defenses cost a lot to maintain. Here, I balance out resources before adding on the Tome Seeking boosts.

[​IMG]

Using the emeralds gained from boosting cities, about half of the other territories are boosted with Lv 3 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource Rate. Lv 1 Storage is already included in the boost cost. Every single crop territory is boosted.

To maximize emeralds, Ores and Crops are boosted with the same levels, and then used up on any territory that is not a rainbow territory to boost emeralds with maximum boost in the same way as cities are boosted. Notice the cost and gain column under the maximizing emeralds category and how it comes out as a small surplus.

[​IMG]

Step 6: Maximize Tome Seeking.

[​IMG]

This is the final step. With the leftover emeralds after balancing resources, I poured this into every available Fish territory that was not boosted yet. These Fish are then used for 200 territories with Lv 3 Tome Seeking (maximum).

[​IMG]

What does 150 Lv 3 Tome Seeking provide? 3.6 tomes/h on average.

Maximum Tome Seeking Limit
    What about if we don't care about defenses? First I boosted all double resource production except Wood and Fish. Then I boosted all Fish territories to Lv 5 Efficient Resources and Lv 3 Resource Rate. Lastly, I put every single territory (406) on Lv 3 Tome Seeking. This yields us a total of 9.7 tomes/h on average, with a lot of Fish leftover.

[​IMG]

Maximum Tome and Emerald Seeking Limit

Same like before, but what if we added in emeralds? In a similar way, I boosted all doubles to Lv 5 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource rate, all Fish to Lv 3 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource Rate, and 62 Wood to Lv 2 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource Rate. Then I set every single territory to have both max Tome and Emerald Seeking. This yields us a total of 9.7 tomes/h and 49 LE/h on average.

[​IMG]

That is all.

So whos down for Hax 2.0? /s

Last edited: Jun 20, 2021
  2. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Sheepn Goos 2.0?

Crokee and MntRunner like this.
  3. IzzSt

IzzSt Nephilim CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    big brain stuff

Azu, 99loulou999 and Crokee like this.
  4. MntRunner

MntRunner Confectionary Merchant Number 5 Fangirl CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    How? Why?

Crokee you do just a little too much math sometimes....

Crokee likes this.
  5. mahakadema

mahakadema only 5 more minutes | tiercancelling since 2018

Just putting this here because Crokees original calculations didnt include it, but 200 Tome Seeking terrs would equal to 1.2 tomes/h on average, or just over 200 tomes per week.

Also this HQ storage is actually funny, the resources deplete in approximately 1 minute and 12 seconds if the HQ ends up being taxed at 80%. Also the ripples from changing anything about defences/bonuses would last literal hours, aka. managing this claim would be an absolute pain as anytime u change an upgrade half of the other upgrades are inconsistant for hours. This would be the only time that HQ storages above 2.7m/135k that would actually make sense.

Nukewarmachine, Toaster and KiliE2001 like this.
  6. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    rad content

7. Azu

Azu A-mage-ing

Guild:
    Ngl, this thread is more confusing than the Confectionary Merchant and Pog posts

[​IMG]

8. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Finding an average requires finding the area under the curse using a binomial distribution which I do not have the numbers on me right now but the approximate number is a little under what you have said.

Also its actually 8.11m/405.5k.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
  9. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    aka a long and mathematical way of saying don't let one guild take the whole map :laughing:

10. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    coom

chryssie likes this.
  11. Nieke

Nieke Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I fully support all your world domination ambitions, all hail our future new overlord Crokee!!

12. Fox

Fox Fox

Guild:
    my only issue is that the hypothesis or assumptions are not proven true/false in regards to the quantitative study you made. I would have liked to see an analysis of that too.

13. touhoku

touhoku heavy spell pioneer Item Team CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    "This new guild system will discourage mega alliances!"

Crokee: :thonk:

Crokee likes this.
  14. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I was wrong on this. It's 1.2 tomes/h on average.

15. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Updated the calculations. Using the same method and taking into account the cheaper Lv 3 Tome Seeking costs with double the rates with this new patch, the guild will generate 3.6 tomes/h on average.

What about if the guild only cared about tomes and ignored defenses? I calculated this to give every single territory (406) Lv 3 Tome Seeking to produce 9.7 tomes/h on average. Holy shit.

16. CT

CT Blue sponge CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    next up: average resource travel time to a HQ testing using combinatorics and integration lol

17. Crokee

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maximum Tome and Emerald Seeking Limit
    Same like before, but what if we added in emeralds? In a similar way, I boosted all doubles to Lv 5 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource rate, all Fish to Lv 3 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource Rate, and 62 Wood to Lv 2 Resource Production and Lv 3 Resource Rate. Then I set every single territory to have both max Tome and Emerald Seeking. This yields us a total of 9.7 tomes/h and 49 LE/h on average.

[​IMG]

Literally a tome and money printer guild.

chryssie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.