Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

I Miss Old Cinfras...

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by AndriX3S, Feb 3, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndriX3S

AndriX3S \\☢☣ Jägermeister ☣☢// VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Why change something that's already great, old cinfras, the air base to be précised, looked way better before, it told a story, of a busy medieval air port, everything was packed with stuff from top to bottom, now the entrance area is a empty field with a tree and some shops, the design of the outside buildings fits less to the airships then before,...

I know you guys are going for a open area design for the city centers so ppl can navigate it better, but the air base isn't a city center, its a place to tell a story, to fell alive and different because there is only one mayor airbase, and that felling is gone now.

Now the second part of my rant, the one actually making me to post this thread, is that all that time and resources wasted to redo something that already worked could have went into the light realm, now, its already way better then before, but now its just empty, so much potential and its empty... Where are the crystal mushroom, ancient light ruins and corners pack with magic and light...

I appreciate what the build team is doing, wynncraft was my number one inspiration source back in the day when i was still building, and still makes exploring my fav. Thing on the server, just wanted to point out this stuff, that not everything from "old" wc has to change now and be the same design and styl e.

2. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    i agree with you that some parts of RoL could have stayed(like the heliolux), and that old levtus airbase was a bit better, but MAN the main part of cinfras is better, it feels way more interesting now, as it used to be pretty bland

dr_carlos, Skidooskei, Ronnoc and 2 others like this.
  3. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    any SLABBERS in the chat
    Unknown-1.jpeg

4. Potatomancer

Potatomancer Budget Wither

Minecraft:
    I think they should make a legacy server that basically shows off all the old builds of wynn

5. RandomJukebox

RandomJukebox gamer with extra cheese VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I disagree, I think new Cinfras and Letvus are way better than the old versions

6. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Old Levtus was one of my favourite spots in the game, but new Levtus is still pretty cool. Idk about Cinfras. I don't think it's ever been great, or awful. I don't think Cinfras and Levtus really got an upgrade during the update, but I don't think they got a downgrade either. As for your comment on resource management, I think that coulda been better but both Cinfras and Levtus used to get tonsssss of shit from the community so it made sense they remade them. They swung and maybe missed a bit but not much, if at all.

Shoefarts, TrapinchO, Aya and 6 others like this.
  7. ImThatOneGuyIRL

ImThatOneGuyIRL More Ava required. CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Old Letvus was iconic, but practically impossible to navigate. Still, though, I suppose that's what gave it its charm. It felt full of life and constantly bustling, whereas the new Letvus Airbase is a glorified airport. Sure, Detlas has a similar looking "airbase," but the entire point of Cinfras was that the Letvus Airbase is what it's *known* for. Now it's just... there.

As for Cinfras, I don't think I'll ever truly accept the new design. Old Cinfras was my favorite city in the game, tied with Aldorei. And now it's essentially Not-Lutho. While I love the SE architecture style, Old Cinfras will always be the clear winner in my book.

The Juggler's neat, though. Credit where credit is due.

8. NotFunny

NotFunny Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I never really liked old Letvus, it was a mini-COTL tbh and a pain to navigate

H0Y, Jaymon, Arkade and 4 others like this.
  9. TigerYaisou

TigerYaisou Famous Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    thats what made it so fun :smile:

10. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Old Letvus being removed is the best part of the update. Old Cinfras I kind of liked, but it was way too drab. It was basically just grey, which didn't fit with it being a lively center of commerce or a sort of hub in the middle of Gavel.

I do agree with the Realm of Light somewhat, I thought the physical realm was okay but lacked content. That said, it was way too big for a proper revamp in which they added content, and travelling was a nightmare.

H0Y, trex1611, PlasmaWarrior and 2 others like this.
  11. Jeshi

Jeshi HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I really like new Cinfras more then the old one, from a building perspective it looks way better then the old school build style of spam stairs and slabs everywhere.

I do miss the medieval feel of old Cinfras though, new Cinfras looks more fantasy medieval but still looks wonderful and i think it fits Gavel better.

I really like the touch of the medieval gatehouses at the back of the Letvus airbase, makes the area look far more defended and important, and adds a handy path to get up to the airbase faster.

H0Y, HalfCat_, ChrisTheBear and 3 others like this.
  12. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    IMO people who prefer the old cinfras are either blinded by nostalgia and can't see through its ''EO style'' or just blind in general. I agree with your point about RoL though, so much wasted potential.

ocu, Sprite, nicktree and 1 other person like this.
  13. Sockmower

Sockmower Be excellent to each other CMD CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    old letvus was difficult to navigate imo, and the nicer texturing + elevators in 1.20 are great

14. DrBracewell

DrBracewell Famous Adventurer CT Manager QA Modeler GM CMD CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Okay but have y'all seen the pool table in the top room of the Blackbird cause its pretty cool and i made it

15. coolname2034

coolname2034 Formerly known as NPCGrian HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    In old letvus it took 2 minutes to reach the airship. Now it takes thirty seconds. Aesthetics aside(I personally like the new looks), the new airbase almost single-handedly makes taking the airship from cinfras to deltas a viable form of transport. Before, I would just use detlas scrolls

trex1611, PlasmaWarrior and Bwitty03 like this.
  16. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I prefer old Cinfras because the city wasn't so dark and moody. Old Cinfras wasn't great, but it really felt like a capital city for the province, it was open, spacious and tall but it never felt too big. The builds might not have been great, but the overall layout of the city felt much nicer and grander. New Cinfras feels closed off, dark and cramped. The roads are a few blocks thinner then they used to be, the entrances to a lot of buildings are raised so you need to look up to see doors, there's a lot more gray used so everything feels cooler, especially the bank which was the best bank in the game (except for Detlas) and now actually makes me feel claustrophobic which isn't something I've ever felt in a game before.

There's no reason to dismiss all the legitimate issues people have with the new city by calling them blind, especially when your comment clearly shows a lack of understanding of what they're saying. From what I've seen, here and elsewhere, nobody's angry about the city being a bad build, after all it really isn't, the real problem is that it's a terrible take on what Cinfras should be. If this city was in a wintery hellscape, maybe inspired by Russian geography this city would be perfect, but it isn't, it's the capitol of the province of light and fairy tales, it should be bright, colorful and spacious. Detlas' remake is a great example of the treatment Cinfras should have gotten, the entire city was rebuilt from the ground up but it still felt like Detlas because they kept the mood of the city in tact by using a lot of the same blocks which is clearly not what happened with Cinfras.

As for people comparing it to EO, that's a fair comparison and shows the problems the new city has. EO should be the furthest thing from Cinfras in terms of design and color, the fact that people have been making a ton reasonable comparisons between the two is a big red flag that the direction they took the city was poor at best.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
    Gogeta, Shoefarts, H0Y and 9 others like this.
  17. ChrisTheBear

ChrisTheBear Certificate III in Nature Wandering CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I already made a thread about suggestions to add into the game for Cinfras and Letvus Airbase (Some of them got added), but I'm just going to say this. Letvus really needs to be more full of life and busy while still maintaining a clear path, and Cinfras roofs should be changed to a lighter coloured block and there should be variants of roof colours and a few buildings need more windows (mainly the bank). There should only be darker colours to give the place contrast

AndriX3S and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  18. Minitinipower

Minitinipower just a guy

Minecraft:
    Only thing i don't like about new cinfras is the bank. feels like im underground.

Gogeta, Shoefarts, Miles_ and 2 others like this.
  19. IceBear

IceBear Ice Bear says hi VIP+

Minecraft:
    Ice Bear prefers the new Cinfras by far. Ice Bear says it really does give the Fantasy feel of Gavel while the old Cinfras just felt like a larger Wynn province city. Ice Bear says also the new Cinfras feels a lot more like a capital city by having more compacted streets making the city feel larger and more full than it actually is.

Mr_Hummer and ChrisTheBear like this.
  20. aaaaaaaaaaaaaa

aaaaaaaaaaaaaa Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    WHAT DO YOU MEAN CINFRAS IS THE BEST
    what do you mean? are you calling old cinfras colourful? its the complete opposite! the new cinfras is so much more colourful and lively, and the overhangs and smaller roads make walking through it more immersive. so many houses have uses in quests, i could spend hours there and never find everything

Last edited: Feb 4, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.