Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hey, Why Wasn't There A Rollback? ( Massive Dupe Issue Discussion )

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Saya, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Weird but possible solution: Cap market prices for items. It'll be hard to sell mythics but there's discord and forums for that anyway

2. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    My one cent after briefly reading the discussion.

This will erase the 2 damned afternoons I spent circling around 1 mining spot to get 9 levels (both bombs were present almost all the time).

On the other hand, the damage might be just too big to be left like that, so I don't really mind if that happens IF Salted:
    a) Gives another 3 DXP days to compensate it
    b) Gives a good exanation to every player who joins after the roll back (to everyone who was damaged, no matter if they join in week, or month...

EDIT: finished

H0Y, BethJerry, thepicferret and 9 others like this.
  3. SelectorOfSouls

SelectorOfSouls MMO Addict VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They could just as easily have reduced the drop rates on Legendaries instead of releasing Mythics. They chose to release Mythics instead so the people who already had a bunch of Legendaries, wouldn't get a massive economy bump due to the change. As for the importance of good rolls on IDs, that wouldn't change. The rolls on Legendaries would be the same importance as current Mythics.

4. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Not doing a rollback will erase years of work

rubenmcc, thepicferret, Take and 4 others like this.
  5. SmileyAlec

SmileyAlec Olympic Gaming CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that moment when you click chests in a block game for years and it all becomes voided overnight

6. Kredk

Kredk Duck Enthusiast CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think this brings up a really important point about there being a lack of communication between the playerbase and the people that actually make important decisions for wynn. It makes sense that some things should be kept secret, but it seems that the wynn team is far too adjusted to everything being classified. When it comes down to an irregular situation like this, choices should genuinely be affected by the playerbases' opinion, not just left to the higher ups. I feel like there has been a serious lack of consistency from the wynncraft team, and it has made it very confusing from a player standpoint, one that is just trying to figure out what is going on.

7. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Although It'd be really demotivating for me and countless other people losing a lot of progress made during dxp week, I do think a rollback is needed. I do think that it should come with a compensation, such as a week long txp week or something along those lines.

Maybe there can also be looked into saving the player profile (classes and level & professions) since that would mean you'd lose items & LE in your bank, but still keep your leveled classes and at most have to grind again/do quests again. (still sucks for players that just found their first mythic, but it's better than nothing - and leveled classes/profs are one of the few things that doesn't affect the market)

RenZenthio and Take like this.
  8. Moshimoo

Moshimoo Bird furry turned civilised

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah i agree with this, this situation REALLY puts a huge emphasis on the huge gaps between the Wynn staff team (CT, Moderation & Administration) and the general playerbase. They've made steps to improve it but yeah, it really does need to be more transparent ESPECIALLY in situations where everything for the next few years could get messed up due to a dupe glitch of this magnitude.

Although tbh, i don't think they'll roll back now, as a financial decision it likely wont be for the server's best interest & if they were going to roll back, it likely would've been done already. It really frustrates me that the server is like this, but we can't do anything about it.

RenZenthio, Saya, Take and 1 other person like this.
  9. FrozenGalaxy

FrozenGalaxy Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wait wait wait... Why would be an overall rollback necessary? Only rollback the trades done in the trade market in the specific period of time. Looking at the trade market, it's based on a database. If it's done correctly, the database contains the trades on TM - who sold, for how much, who bought and when. You filter the time by the start of the mass duping, rollback every trades from that moment, check the buyers who bought stuff for oddly much, ban them, thus the duped LE dies with their accounts. And we are done, economy fixed (if we assume, it was fixed before the mass dupe [spoiler alert: it wasn't]).

Isabeau37 likes this.
  10. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    The duping process itself didn't require the market I'd assume, so there would still be tons of players with a lot of duped LE. This could only be fixed by also rollbacking the bank and really the only things that have nothing to do with the bank & market are your levels (profs & classes) so they could look into saving those..

EDIT: And, the mythics bought on the trade market are somewhere on someone's account (in their bank or classes), I don't think a market rollback would remove those.

Isabeau37 likes this.
  11. Doggoluver

Doggoluver Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yeah if they could do somthing that resets items that would be good because ive gott 100 woodcutting from zero and multiple classes to 105

TrapinchO likes this.
  12. FrozenGalaxy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The main point of my message was, that the admins don't have to touch levels, profs, quests at all. There is only a need for an economy fix. So in my opinion the trade market rollback is crucial. If nothing else, they need to do this. And yea, it's possible, that there are players, who duped LE, but didn't use it in a suspicious way. For that a bank rollback could be necessary, although I am pretty sure, it's more challenging.

13. Maxiking1610

Maxiking1610 Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I hope they Dont Rollback, i found 2 Mythics in last week and i think much Players would Quit, because of losing a bunch of LE, like me... finding Mythics and investing time and work for nothing..
    Or leveling his Charakters, profs or doing Quests, wasting hours, days of Time

I think Rollback would make the same amount of Damage that it repair...

In some Weeks or month the Problems will be easier...

Sry for my bad english

Merry X-Mas
    Maxiking1610

PrisonNightmare likes this.
  14. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    From what Ive been told, the duping wasn’t done by malicious players, merely by a REALLY obvious glitch on the Tm concerning withdrawal and purchasing of items returning le with them. Loads of normal players used this to gain le

Isabeau37 and Saya like this.
  15. MasterofEternity

MasterofEternity Shark Cat HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah tbh just quickly skimming through the comments, even if there was a rollback, what is there to stop people from duplicating items again? We'd back at square one, everyone would grind items and lvls like they did for the past 5 days then boom, TM is down again and people would want a rollback again. It would just be a waste of time, money and possibly more.

16. FrozenGalaxy

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If the market database works as I assume, a.k.a. contains the buyer, the seller, the time and the price, then it's easily done. You get the buyer, from their bank remove the item, put there the original amount of LE. Get the seller, remove the money from their bank, put back the item.

17. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the duping process was literally done through the trade market, it was such a clear bug that people did it accidentally.

The duped le is spread across many accounts by now so I don't see a realistic way to fix, unless I'm missing something big.

18. Solvay

Solvay Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    remove all the money and make new money

DogeTennant, TrapinchO and AfroSnail like this.
  19. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The scale of the dupe is what matters here, many players duped (some accidentally) due to how easy the dupe was (and also easy to stumble upon)

There hasn't been a dupe this big in wynn, ever. Millions of le, across many different players. Nothing in the past is on this scale.

RenZenthio likes this.
  20. Arkade

Arkade Who am I? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    upload_2020-12-27_12-5-6.png
    I'm just gonna leave it here.

Take, H0Y, BethJerry and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.