Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hey, Why Wasn't There A Rollback? ( Massive Dupe Issue Discussion )

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Saya, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorts

Jorts Turtlecoin Savant HERO

Minecraft:
    As a market player, ive lost all of what Ive worked for. I 100% back this rollback, WE NEED IT.

Trekkie_Cow124, Kiglass, Take and 7 others like this.
  2. NagisaStreams

NagisaStreams Sertified idiot CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    While I agree, the timing is horrid. As we just had a double xp weekend, we had a HUGE Amount of players on that are not normally on. If we are to rollback it, some new players will lose EVERYTHING. I am all for a rollback, but I think this needs to be taken into consideration. Possibly a second dxp? idk.

3. Kap'n Kronch

Kap'n Kronch Warrior Purist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This rollback is extremely necessary, please help raise awareness by forwarding this forum post to every wynncraft discord admin you know. This is a problem that escalates the more we wait, action needs to be taken now. This is no longer a joke or something to laugh at, the literal integrity of this server's economy is being heavily impacted by these events.

4. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    while I do get that several people in the trade market community wants a roll back, I sadly do not think it would be for the better of everyone.

surely the in game economy will be wrecked if nothing is done, but I do not think erasing hours of work for everyone is the favorite solution for every players

-what about the new players who just joined? Do they lose their first class entirely?

-what about the legit players who found their first mythics or spent countless hours lootrunning?

-what about the thousand of proffers or dungeon sailors who threw many bombs over the dxp weekend?

-as mentionned before, what about the new guilds who grinded their first few levels?

-what about important achievements like HICH completionists?

I simply do not think that rolling back the server will benefit everyone, we all worked a lot of hours to obtain stuff, we don't all need to lose it

5. Andyroo_88

Andyroo_88 Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    I'm going to lose 15-20h worth of grinding profs, 7 craftings from lv 103-110 and 3 gatherings from 102-107 and 4 nights in a row playing until 5.30am but yes for the greater good I'm going to think about the community more than myself so please rollback. The longer the admins keep silent and dont do anhtbjng the worse, its of utmost emergency as every minute they dont rollback thousands of player's progress would have happened and every minute that passes rollback becomes a less good and popular idea: roll back now before it's too late

cirogg, Magnatos, H0Y and 11 others like this.
  6. Dream

Dream Hero of the lost atoll Trial-Mod CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We just fought a big war in the guild community. Would this mean we have to fight this war all over again? If no: hell yea rollback time. If yes: ok sorry but stay mad poor people. Just get mythics and use them, market flippers.

Shoefarts likes this.
  7. nuuurd

nuuurd theres no "best" class kthxbye VIP

Minecraft:
    yes the rollback will fuck a ton of people over, but what are the alternatives? the entire situation just sucks to be honest..

8. Neptune

Neptune Self-proclaimed Az Cult Leader CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not a market player, most of my worth is in Mythics (sunstar, fantasia, weathered, cataclysm, nirvana, singularity, pure, lament, fatal, thrundacrack, hero, grandmother, spring, 11 Az, 2 slayers, stardew, galleon, dawnbreak, resurgence) and 1stx lying in my bank.
    despite my net worth literally 5x'd

I fully support a rollback.

but it's more complicated than that considering people has been incentivized to spend money on the store, they would have to refunds a frick ton and actually lose money and lose player base in the process.
    though if we ain't rolling for whatever reason, most vets of the game is likely to drop the game as well.

especially 1.20 is literally around the corner as of writing this post.

yes this is a chaotic mess, i realized.

yes i said i "support", not i "want" due to not knowing what's best for Wynn, how Wynn operates, The additional consequences may follow after a rollback that I do not know as a player, etc.

9. Kap'n Kronch

Kap'n Kronch Warrior Purist HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    its been 5 days, the maximum amount of time they could have spent so far is 120 hours, if they've been playing wynncraft nonstop. This is a small sacrifice to preserve years of efforts from the community. Of course this solution will not be for the betterment of everyone when it comes to the short term, but we need to face the facts that a 'perfect' solution no longer exists, the more we brood over this issue, the worse the situation and our options become.

cirogg, H0Y, Trekkie_Cow124 and 6 others like this.
  10. Sheepn

Sheepn life CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the war continues!

Fox and Dream like this.
  11. Andyroo_88

Andyroo_88 Travelled Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    you have 11 azs?

creeper1562, thepicferret and Castti like this.
  12. Mrussell75

Mrussell75 Full-time Wynner CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you think they will refund a dxp weekend worth of bombs and other store purchases you’re on crack, there has been large dupes in the past and Wynn got over it eventually. If you’re hoping for a rollback, from an owner standpoint you potentially loose new players and profits, sad to say I doubt it will happen but one way keeps Wynn afloat the other makes the barrier to enter higher

Shoefarts likes this.
  13. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I just wanna Inform people just seeing this thread we’re talking over 100 thousand stacks of duped LE. There is no coming back from this

H0Y, rubenmcc, BethJerry and 9 others like this.
  14. RamonaFlowers

RamonaFlowers Subspace Delivery Girl CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am too, in support of a rollback.

To mitigate the damages, I suggest implementing a DXP duration that’s at least two weeks long, to help make up for the lost time spent during Christmas, and to help people get back to where they were.

Refunding the players who threw bombs throughout the duration of the rollback is possible by showing that they threw X number of bombs, providing the transaction ID of the store purchases as proof.

Nukewarmachine, cirogg, H0Y and 6 others like this.
  15. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A couple of things to consider:
    • Legitimate players will lose hours, if not days of progress. Especially jarring considering some players legitimately found Mythics during that time period.
    • New classes will cease to exist. Will confuse new players, who don't understand what's going on.
    • There's a chance store-bought items will be affected by the rollback and may not be refunded. Those players may end up asking for compensation. As stated, refunds may happen if transaction IDs are still present. Shouldn't be taken word for word, though.
    • Challenge classes will lose substantial amounts of progress. Consider HIC(H) players.
    That said, while a rollback seems fair, given that it happened during a DXP weekend of all things, it will hurt the player base severely by undoing serious amounts of progression.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  16. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Saya A D D A P O L L

17. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    1. :(
    2. Easily fixed with a clear announcement on the server + website detailing what happened and the state of the economy had the rollback not happened. Way better than new players being told that it's pointless to play due to being stuck poor forever.
    3. Buycraft makes that very doable. Items actually used, however, are a different beast...
    4. :(

18. SelectorOfSouls

SelectorOfSouls MMO Addict VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I've seen market mistakes like this get fixed (although it takes a few years to actually take effect). Basically, what you have to do is look at what the optimal way for making money is outside of market vending and raise it slightly. This makes it baseline. Then buff all other aspects of moneymaking that are not related to the market (provided they don't affect the slightly buffed optimal non-market strat). This makes it so players who are already near/at endgame and are farming money aren't affected, and newer or less-rich people have an easier way to make money earlier on than normal (give 10x the current emerald reward for mob drops for example. Maybe do this for quest rewards too? Depends on the speedrunning scene tbh). I highly doubt the staff will actually do this but I can't see it as a bad thing. Players will likely get access to bank space quicker as well, which would make the whole flow of the game better for new players in general. The point of my post is to say that even without a rollback, there is hope for fixing the market.

Andyroo_88 and Fox like this.
  19. nip nop

nip nop thinking hurts CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    a couple days of people's progress is inconsequential to an economy broken forever

20. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wanna also say people will quit if there’s not a rollback

older players who grinded for months or years to get legitimate wealth only for it to become worthless in a day. For many players Wynn is about wealth building, and LE just turned into bottle caps. You’ll lose players if you rollback, but you’ll also definitely lose players if you don’t

Magnatos, rubenmcc, H0Y and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.