Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Hey, Why Wasn't There A Rollback? ( Massive Dupe Issue Discussion )

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Saya, Dec 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:

Administration is aware and doing things. Hang tight.

For those that don't know, a trade market bug caused thousands of stacks of LE to be duped. The nature of it made it extremely easy to find out about the dupe independently. Mythics were bought out and relisted at extreme prices, both by dupers and those trying to profit off the situation. Just removing the duped LE won't fix that at all.

Due to the extreme inflation of raw, new players are locked out of the market even more. The (already nerfed) income from quests + seavale + all other moneymaking methods are even slower now. Selling anything is hard at the moment because of the fear of duped le. Post-dupe prices are insane, while it's hard to maintain pre-dupe standards with how much le has been injected into the economy. It's even worse because the market had deflated enough for new players to actually have a realistic shot at affording mythics through normal gameplay... and then this happened.

Again, this dupe is completely different from all the other dupes that have happened. It was extremely easy to do AND very easy to do/find accidentally. It was on a far greater scale and by many more players than previous dupes, as far as we know. The players who are still "rich" after the dupe can probably be counted with two hands, if not one. It's safe to say that basically the entire playerbase is ruined financially, with new players in particular having no way to realistically get anything of value.

Yep, thousands of duped stacks. Easily. Anywhere from 10k to 50k stacks of le (stop quoting my estimates on discord pleaseeeeee they're really not good and it's probably close to 15k but don't quote that either)
    Otherwise near-worthless or ~2le items sold for hundreds of stacks on the TM. Not just listed, SOLD.
    THIS IS NO ORDINARY DUPE CASE.

---
    Oh yeah, and it's been 5 days since the dupe as of this thread's posting.
    Every possible decision has a major downside from what I can see. A rollback now would be devastating, and solving this without a rollback would be a nightmare of its own. If manual cleanup is done well thanks to good logs, that's probably the most painless way to go about it. There's always the fear of duped le sneaking under the radar though, which is very concerning.

---​

As usual, don't blame the mods. They have no power to make big decisions.

Honestly everything that could go wrong went wrong so no one to point fingers at here, but it would be great if there was some sort of community admin that could actually deal with stuff like this and communicate.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
  2. nuuurd

nuuurd theres no "best" class kthxbye VIP

Minecraft:
    when people complained about mythic prices crashing this isnt what they expected

ThedumbOX, starx280, H0Y and 10 others like this.
  3. TwentyZ6

TwentyZ6 average wynncraft addict HERO

Minecraft:
    that’s a very fair point, as someone who is not the richest player by any means I’m a little worried about how I’m going to get items I need from the tm when I can’t afford any of it anymore.

However, why I don’t want a rollback is cause I’ve spent the past like week meticulously running around corkus getting emeralds and I’d hate to lose all of that just because some people exploited a bug. ;-;

I’d understand if they did, and long term a rollback would probably be good for the economy, I’d just be a little demotivated to lose all that time for nothing.

so there’s my worthless two cents on it, have an awesome day/night :)

starx280, Flareix, Isabeau37 and 2 others like this.
  4. wxhlf

wxhlf wxhlf HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Your emeralds are basically worthless when theres hundreds of stx circulating because of the exploit kekw

Cloud__, Isabeau37, H0Y and 13 others like this.
  5. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    make trade market only accept zhight money and remove the zhight money merchant.

6. TwentyZ6

TwentyZ6 average wynncraft addict HERO

Minecraft:
    Yeah but I’m not getting them for me, and besides I don’t think I’ve ever had so many emeralds (it’s sad I know please bank space is so expensive and I can’t stop hoarding ingredients) so I’m not arguing for or against, I’d understand why they’d do a rollback it’d just be a little hard to want to do all of it again that’s all :)

TrapinchO, Castti, RenZenthio and 4 others like this.
  7. PikaPrince

PikaPrince Famous Adventurer HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok good reason to take my 6 month break cya guys on the other side

edit: yeah I approve of a roll back for the day before the duping occurred

8. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly just roll the damn server back half a week and give another week of dxp at this point lol

9. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’d hate to lose all my levels since I did a non-trivial amount of leveling, and I won’t have an opportunity to grind levels if they did another dxp week

But: It’s really demoralizing to finally be in a state where I could maybe start to afford mythics, then that just disappear. I’d rather lose my levels than leave the market in its current fucked state

Cloud__, xMini_, Crouton_18 and 24 others like this.
  10. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Honestly, Im hoping they bite the bullet and rollback. The market damage is pretty much unfixable, no amount of mod work can fix this amount of damage.

Cloud__, xMini_, H0Y and 15 others like this.
  11. RenZenthio

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Agreed

Otherwise there will be hell to pay in LE becoming worthless

EDIT:
    Just to be clear, I support a rollback

xMini_, starx280, BethJerry and 8 others like this.
  12. PrisonNightmare

PrisonNightmare Wynncraftian Philanthropist CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    if it does roll back half a week rip my guild creation kekw

Castti likes this.
  13. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Speaking purely as a member of the community here, I'm in full support for a rollback.

Cloud__, Lotem, xMini_ and 39 others like this.
  14. Xhat

Xhat Ex-Collectorator HERO

Minecraft:
    I agree with Fish. I think a rollback is necessary.

Lotem, xMini_, Arcturisus and 33 others like this.
  15. Fleega

Fleega Sleeping Ultimate Chimera CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's gonna suck really badly for anyone who's done lots of legitimate genuine stuff in this time, but it's definitely for the best this is done.

16. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ok i got one joke post on this thread time for mildly serious.

i grinded for multiple hours during dxp weekend to do a little leveling of profs (funny rabbit hole worthless time sink lol) and a rollback would be really demoralizing, even if there was another dxp weekend. i probably wouldn't bother investing into redoing the profs, and that sucks, because we all know that your worth as a person is measured by the size of your number in a video game.

that being said, i think that a rollback is absolutely necessary. i never bother dabbling in wynn economy because i see no need, but holy shit. there is just no way to fix this current issue. no disrespect intended to the mod team who has worked very hard to deal with the dupers, but the amount of duped le is just. huge. it would be a herculean task to remove even a fraction of it with a guarantee that it was duped.

we need a rollback,,,

17. Ingo

Ingo Class Building Enthusiast HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You can just make a new one after that

RenZenthio and wxhlf like this.
  18. Latios

Latios Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Please do not roll the server back. After my first Disco was erased, I spent 5 months attempting to acquire another one and found it a day before the duping occured. Please save my sanity. Thank you.

upload_2020-12-27_20-9-46.png

(the entire affair was laughably mismanaged and in any other situation I would 100% support a rollback, even though I doubt it's possible)

estevao107, Sugo, Sar and 1 other person like this.
  19. RenZenthio

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The thing is...that disco and anything you find with it is worthless if there’s no rollback...

20. Latios

Latios Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Running for 5 months to get a single mythic is an idiotic time investment. I absolutely could not care less about the LE worth of it, or other Discos.

TheEpicCajun, xMini_, Sugo and 5 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.