Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

What Mythics Are Worth It?

Discussion in 'Questions' started by Inror, Dec 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inror

Inror Travelled Adventurer

Ive started thinking about buying a mythic, but I want to buy a useable one. Not a terrible id warcheif. Im therefore wondering what mythics are worth the money/"good". I don't have any preferences, as long as the item is viable in the endgame.

2. ramenstew

ramenstew professional idiot HERO

Minecraft:
    All mythic weapons are viable in some way except for the level 70 ish ones, I think. I might be wrong though, check with someone else. And most of the boots are definitely not worth it.

Sg_Voltage likes this.
  3. Sg_Voltage

Sg_Voltage 1.18 was the best update, don't @me CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    If you want a good, usable mythic, your best bet is to go for basically any weapon. I don't know what class you're playing so making a recommendation is a little tough, but I think the best picks would be Strati and Freedom for archer, Cataclysm for assassin, Collapse, Guardian or Idol (not too sure about idol) for Warrior, Lament or Singularity for mage and if you're really rich basically any mythic relic is good for shaman except for Olympic unless you're into that sort of thing (again not too sure about this either).

4. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    All mythics are worth it EXCEPT
    - Most boots - kinda self explanatory :(
    - Stratiformis - ws meme, does really low damage and hard to justify its use in combat
    - Aftershock - pain.
    - Alkatraz - even more pain.
    - Gaia, arguably
    - Apoc, arguably - Undying exists

:facepalm:
    Then don't answer. Better to uninform than to misinform.

Anyway...
    The best price:performance mythics are Grimtrap, Divzer, Fatal, Fanta, Tcrack. Cata is pretty cheap nowadays as well while being arguably the best weapon in the game so...

Last edited: Dec 3, 2020
    Epicness937, RenZenthio and Melkor like this.
  5. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    Clearly I should fix my post to say I'm 90%+ informed since of the entire list I assembled you only found one point of disagreement, which is up for debate since we have literally no clue what OP wants in the first place. Strati is a very usable mythic, maybe not for combat in all situations but saying it isn't usable is just plain wrong and saying otherwise is just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. It's clearly a popular choice based on the price so it's something people might want to look into.

Next, I said that I'm not too sure about Shaman mythics since I haven't seen too many people talking about them and have no experience with them myself. I know they're all at least a little good which is basically what I said, I just don't know which ones are better then others, which is why I recommended them as a whole. For the other mythics I clearly have a much better idea so I pitched some of the popular choices.

If you want to disagree that's fine but there's no reason to have a bad attitude about it when we're all trying to be helpful, especially when you don't actually have any real arguments to make against what I said beyond ":facepalm:" followed by nothing of value.

6. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Too many people blindly recommend strati when it's, by objective measures, mediocre. It's a walkspeed addict's dream, yeah, but that's no basis for a recommendation ever. Your recommendations tried to be the top mythics for each class and failed.

The attitude is due to dealing with hundreds of people who both knowingly and unknowingly mislead others in #questions, sorry. Bit annoyed whenever someone says something questionable.

7. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    First off, making assumptions about peoples intentions is a shitty thing to do, both in a forum for a game and in life. You should always, always assume people are operating in good faith.

Next, I clearly wasn't pointing out the highest DPS items, I was point out what I've seen as the most popular mythics which is why I called them the best picks since it's in reference to them being the most usable. If the OP had asked for the highest damage mythics I wouldn't have said anything except for Cata and maybe Toxo if you're into PVP, but that's not what was asked, so that isn't what I said.

Also your constant need to shit on walkspeed builds is so unnecessary. People who know they don't like high don't need to be constantly told so.

8. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where did I assume that you were operating in bad faith? The comment about #questions? That's a fact and a daily occurence, not some veiled jab at you. You're the one assuming people's intentions...
    And again, popularity is an awful metric for both power and usability. Don't need to explain this one again.
    It'll stop when the inflation of ws items and the constant recommendation of them stops :)
    Note that I don't "shit on walkspeed builds", I call out walkspeed recommendations when they're clearly not a good rec for the question being asked.

9. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    You started operating in bad faith when you said I shouldn't be trying to help this person when I made one recommendation you disagree with.

Also, popularity is a great metric since it accounts for power, value and usability. If almost everybody likes something odds are it's good and fun to use. Bad mythics like warchief aren't exactly popular to use in builds.

Also I don't really know what you're talking about with the point about the questions discord. We clearly aren't on the same page about what happened there since I don't have any idea what you're talking about.

10. DogeTennant

DogeTennant Famous Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    idk what's your price range, but I'll recommend to you what I've been using and found very good

Grandmother for Archer is very good for its price and under some conditions can out damage any other archer weapon
    Nirvana for Assassin is once again not that expensive, and it's fun
    Warp for Mage alright, Warp is expensive as heck, so unless your budget is like 25stx, you probably won't be able to get a very good one, but trust me when I say that Warp is one of the most fun to use weapons I've ever tried (for both PvP and PvE) and it's op as heck, you can beat basically anything with it, as the agility and walk speed make you near unkillable and it can stand up against basically anything in PvP as well (including Toxo though it's still a very tough matchup and excluding Olympic, cuz Olympic has jump boost and no mage can fight against that (maybe except Pure))
    Idol for Warrior - probably the most expensive weapon for Warrior, but it's fun and really great, especially if you like the water element and like to spam spells
    Toxo for Shaman - Once again, very expensive, the really good ones will probably be even more expensive than Warp, and I will probably go against the majority who find this weapon boring, but for me, it's really fun and I've only used it in PvE

Some weapons that I'd recommend based on other's people experiences, not my own:
    Freedom, Divzer for Archer
    Cata, Weathered for Assassin (though, I only heard about Weathered when it was related to PvP and lootrunning)
    - I also heard that Grim and Inferno are very good for their prices, you might want to check that out
    Monster for Mage (very good for its price imo)
    Thundercrack for Warrior
    Hadal, Absolution for Shaman

Though, in the end, I think you can make it work with literally any Mythic Weapon, some are just better than others. Even lower-level mythics like Pure and Az can be easily brought into the endgame

RenZenthio and Sg_Voltage like this.
  11. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Grandmother is pog

12. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    If you've been having fun in PVE, I can't wait to see how you find it in PVP if you ever try it

13. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You forgot Hero c:

I can't fault your warrior recs, cuz warrior mythics are all about preference, but tcrack performs really really well, as does Hero

Lament is also generally considered a bad mythic (Lament is solid, just outclassed)
    Educate yourself before buying a mythic.
    Look at mythic builds, get a build for the item you're thinking about buying, and only after that should you buy a mythic (atleast that's my advice)

Here's a decent thread where you can look at mythics. Don't take it as a bible, some of the builds are a bit questionable, but it might help you compare mythics:
    https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/op-mythic-builds.272291/

Sg_Voltage and Saya like this.
  14. Sg_Voltage

Minecraft:
    I don't think I've ever seen a tcrack build so I can't say much about that, I'm sure it is good, as all are most warrior mythics to be fair, even alka is reasonably good, it just didn't really come to mind when making the list I guess. I guess hero is in the same boat, but I still think hero is outclassed compared to some of the other options. I think I would put Divzer in the same group as hero too where they're good, but I still think there are better choices (though Divzer is so cheap I can't really disagree with it being good, same for Hero too I guess).

As for Strati, I guess I need to repeat what I said before about my list not being about DPS. Strati isn't a good mythic for damage, much like how people don't consider Discoverer to be a good for combat, doesn't mean Discoverer is bad, in fact it's probably one of the best mythics out there. Just because it isn't good for DPS doesn't mean it's a bad mythic, it just means it isn't best suited to combat. Also Strati is weak compared to other archer mythics but that doesn't mean it isn't unusable in combat, there are decently good strati builds out there. If you're looking for a fun mythic and like going fast, Strati is a great pick. Also it's for a class where you give yourself speed 3, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to assume that people who play archer like going fast.

I don't really understand why people keep saying it doesn't have good DPS, that's fine but it's not really relevant because it didn't make my list because of DPS in the first place. It's like saying an orange tastes bad because it isn't an apple, that's fine but it doesn't mean nobody should like or recommend oranges to somebody who likes fruit.

15. WhirlwindWar

WhirlwindWar Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Me, a walk speed addict reading this thread

Also I know it's a rather unpopular opinion but I've actually really enjoyed using apocalypse for warrior. I absolutely know there are better mythics out there, but given you can find an apoc for <1 stack I've always generally thought of it as a decent budget option, though obviously not up to par with some of the other, more popular mythics.

Edit: Not to undersell it or anything. I solo'd the entirety of the Hive (all floors, qira) in 30 minutes during my lunch break a week or so a go with an apoc build and a defense pot so.

RenZenthio likes this.
  16. RenZenthio

RenZenthio Murder the gods and topple their thrones! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Apoc sucks. Not because it's not good, but because it is completely outclassed by undying. Skien's madness usually beats it in tierstack (and quinque cancelstack, but we don't talk about that), and Praesidium (arguable) or undying beat it in heavy melee. Undying also performs very similarly to Apoc in tierstack

So in terms of Apoc being "worth it," not usually. Unless you're going for endurance tierstack, but that's wonky.

Saya likes this.
  17. WhirlwindWar

WhirlwindWar Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yea, I'm aware. Like I said, unpopular opinion. Thanks for the input though :D

RenZenthio likes this.
  18. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I’m saddened by the lack of hero mentions here

RenZenthio likes this.
  19. Saya

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    if hero prices drop further, it'll be a price-performance king.

As it stands, it's great but its price:performance isn't as insane as others.

RenZenthio likes this.
  20. •WhiteWolf•

•WhiteWolf• Traumatised. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I mean, the stats don't matter much at all, so you can sometimes get them for 1stx or so.

RenZenthio likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.