Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

The New Rank Is New

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Druser, Nov 8, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is half shitpost as a continuation of The New Rank is Absolute Pay to Win and The New Rank is Fine, but also half serious - it's new. It seems like the details are undetermined, so let's not jump the gun too much. Critique is cool and all, but there's been quite a bit of more than that too unfortunately.

ocu, Verle, Nukewarmachine and 22 others like this.
  2. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I feel like this mindset applies to not just the rank, but the entire update itself. Remember guys: all we saw is one trailer and webpage, made to look cool and garner attention. We have who-knows-how much time to give feedback, even if things do turn out to not be as optimal as we hoped.

Until something from 1.20 is actually pushed live, I'd say don't fret about it too much.

Sprite, Verle, A Human and 13 others like this.
  3. MntRunner

MntRunner Confectionary Merchant Number 5 Fangirl CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The only issue I have wait for it to go live is that it would create a bigger mess. Bear with me here. So for arguments sake lets just assume the one feature of Champion Rank that is pay to win is the bomb tracker, and we all wait patiently for it to go live.

The community is in universal agreement that Champion Rank is pay to win. Players begin to complain and target Champion Rank members for harassment to various degrees. Having Champion Rank makes it so maxing professions isn't a huge accomplishment and no one takes their stats seriously. More people than intended buy it (Salted said he isn't expecting a lot of people to buy it). So now they (Wyncraft team) have a huge issue on their hands. Its still unliked by the community and they are now thinking about changing one or more aspects of the rank. Well now people would justifiably be angry if they bought champion rank and it got nerfed. They bought it thinking "hey this is going to give me a distinct advantage" and now it doesn't. They then want refunds. So more drama. Fewer people get champion rank with it nerfed and the neggative connotation the community has of it.

Or we can hash all this out now. Let our concerns be expressed and that way things might get changed before it becomes more of an issue. Personally I will never buy anything that I feel is pay-to-win or unfair advantage because I don't believe in supporting it across the board. Its why I left the sims franchise; to much dlc. I was gonna buy a higher rank for me and some friends when I got my first job out of college, while I still will likely do so I don't see myself giving any extra financial support through bombs and stuff until I see what happens with Champion Rank.

Side note: At some point in the next few days I'm gonna research this from an academic standpoint. I want to got through and find research on the effect of this type of gaming model on behavior. (I'm a nerd its a problem.) My big concern with this is checking to make sure that Wynncraft remains relatively safe for teenagers and those who are predisposed to gambling or otherwise more vulnerable. There is a ton of research out in the EU about it specifically with loot boxes so I am sure some research exists where they have studied the effects of leveling boosts as well. If I find anything of note I'll make a forum post. If anyone has anything feel free to send it my way.

4. ghoti0315

ghoti0315 buff assassin CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    While I agree that the critique is too much (yea), I think they should explain/elaborate a bit more about what is being controversial or being heavily criticized...
    They can't change it after the update because
    yea this basically.

And I wanted to highlight that the sole purpose of buying ranks SHOULD be cosmetics and supporting the server. Having more extra class slots doesnt mean that you have a higher chance to get god roll items, so people doesn't criticize on it. Even with HERO you can get into test servers and well, this doesn't affect your normal gameplay and you can actually help the servers by finding issues and stuff yea. Also up to what I said here, all of the stuff I mentioned could also be acquired by getting a new MC account if Mojang don't stop you from doing it, except HERO beta.

But for champion. I am not mentioning the bomb bell here. Let's just talk about instant class deletion and /switch. The reason why I only mention these two is BOTH OF THEM ACTUALLY SAVES TIME. And this kinda means, when you are notified (in any means) that some other world has a party going on, you can easily go there when nons have to do /hub and spam the same button a bajilion times to get into the world. Also you could delete a level 105 class in no time, while nons have to wait for some days to delete the class. These are, in my opinion, a somewhat OP advantage. And no, you can't have this advantage even though you have another MC account.

If they wanted to make this update asap, they have to clarify/fix some features that are heavily criticized.

TrapinchO, Druser and H0Y like this.
  5. nuuurd

nuuurd theres no "best" class kthxbye VIP

Minecraft:
    champions indeed is a rank

fishcute and Druser like this.
  6. Crokee

Crokee Nudist poking eyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'd like to expand on this as a prof tryhard myself.

I HIGHLY doubt this will give a major advantage to completing professions as the much more efficient way to doing so will be the new Gathering XP/Speed ingredients that will come out in the next update. A fairly large portion of profers would be willing to grind without bombs as long as they have their Gathering XP/Speed gear, assuming that they are all not consumables (myself included). Nonetheless, I want to add some thoughts and insights down below.

We all know that once profession bombs are pinged, the world instantly fills up, unlike other pings where there may be a few moments of lag.

When prof bombs are thrown, there is an unwritten guideline among the top prof tryhards to not ping any of these bombs. Of course, the main reason is to prevent prof hunters from knowing too soon. But the other minor reason is that for those tryhards that can't get into the server to give them a better chance of getting in when a slot opens up.

Do not underestimate our ability to spam into worlds. Most of us can tolerate 15+ minutes of constant spamming into worlds, sometimes up to 1+ hours.

Adding the /switch command will not only make it easier for players to join worlds as a QoL update, but also for Champions to "hog" into servers whenever a prof bomb has been pinged. In addition to the bomb bell and reserved overflow player slots, Champions will have a huge advantage of getting into the desired world with the desired bombs, professions included.

Will that be a significant advantage in the long run? Well if you got in about a few minutes earlier than most other people would, I'm not too sure if there is even a major advantage. You can usually spam and get into a world within 5 minutes anyway.

-------------------------------------

Do I think Champion is pay2win? It seems way more borderline towards pay2win than mob totems are, but my current opinion is just to hold off and see its execution. I'm also slightly worried about the nickname in terms of Hunted mode (which would be fixed if you can't nickname yourself while in Hunted mode) and the merchant booths for easier money making.

imagine if champion gives 8 totems/day, i dont think anyone could even use 1 totem other than ingredient/toa grinders anyway

Shovel and MntRunner like this.
  7. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    the new rank is litteraly discriminating ArchangeLs

8. ron111701

ron111701 proffa CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also if the champion reserved slots are separate from normal player slots, non champions will actually have an easier time getting in since now a lot of top proffers aren't taking up normal slots. Champion has the potential to either be super p2w or fine depending on the execution, which we have yet to know unfortunately. (Though the effective extra 5 classes worth of storage champion effectively has is stupid as hell.)

9. MH99Simp

MH99Simp MH99 Simp

:agree:
    new rank = new
    mh99=god

10. KrzysztofMaz

KrzysztofMaz Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    "Get the new CHAMPION rank for exclusive new perks and to support the game. ..."

Nah, it looks like Salted is trying to make Wynncraft p2w.

11. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

So controversial yet so bold.

12. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    champion+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ when

13. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    Looks like u need to not jump to conclusions

Siri and MlecznyHuxel99 like this.
  14. fishcute

fishcute fish CHAMPION Builder

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    In terms of the actual post, I agree. Salted knows by now what the main issues are. And though it's a very controversial and important topic, we don't need 20 threads saying the same thing. It's still something that should be talked about, but it's almost become spam.

MlecznyHuxel99 and TrapinchO like this.
  15. KrzysztofMaz

KrzysztofMaz Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    Bruh, it was an irony. I'm not that dumb.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  16. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Screenshot 2020-11-09 at 20.39.55.png
    Excluding this thread and general 1.20 discussion, there's three threads about the Champion rank. On the second page there's another three. While there's some significant overlap, each thread does generally come up with new ideas and viewpoints. Aside from some unhelpful replies, I'd hardly call it spam.

17. Rimuwu

Rimuwu Nyah HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    And including all threads that talk about this topic in one way or another, its at least 15.

18. Stormarend

Stormarend The classes DO NOT correspond with the elements.

Minecraft:
    Then we might as well complain about all the 1.20 hype threads

Are you seriously bothered by people talking about a very big deal “in one way or another”?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
  19. CT

CT Blue sponge CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    I thought that was a weird statement... until i saw your account lmao nice lv 1 fillers

ron111701 likes this.
  20. victorpotato2

victorpotato2 Broke af HERO

Minecraft:
    The way you put quotation marks and the way you wrote it didnt make that clear whatsoever

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.