Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Media The Wynncraft Iceberg

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Tealy, Oct 15, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]

Worked on this for a little bit with some help from @oculism
    Let me know if you know all of these

I might make a part 2

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
    thatswhatido, corpe, Iboju and 25 others like this.
  2. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Wow. That's a lot of memories. Bring back the lobby war.

3. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    Which Bob's camp is there?

4. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The "iceberg" refers to knowledge about something: the top is common and widespread info or memes, but below the water and the further you go down the more niche it becomes, just like how what you see of an iceberg is just a small part of it. Recently this specific format has especially become used for very obscure game trivia/glitches, now also for Wynn.

I recognize most of these, but I think most of the obscure things are also just really, really old, so I don't expect many people to know them either.

Iboju, That_Chudley and TrapinchO like this.
  5. 1+1=3

1+1=3 LegoBoyWelly HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior cult remains unknown, idk if this is good or bad

6. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    I am suprised how much do I know... or at least heard of...

7. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    holy shit alice's attic oh my god
    memories resurfaced just like an iceberg

8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    not to mention the tealy cult (notice how tealy posted this)

9. MlecznyHuxel99

MlecznyHuxel99 Fruman walls guy VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this moment when you joined Wynncraft in 2020 and you realised how much you missed:

10. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Heya guys, it's uhh..
    ...Kish Moz here to explain the Wynncraft iceberg so without further ado let's get right into it!
    (it should probably also be noted that i will leave out anything relating to classbuilding because i dont know how that stuff works)

Tip of the iceberg:

Lack of war in the fruman walls
    I don't know why this is on the iceberg since it's a well-known true fact, moving on.

Craftedmovie
    Craftedmovie, better known as Salted, is the owner of Wynncraft. Sometimes you can see a worshipper named Gelbin who insists that Craftedmovie returns to youtube. This is normal in Wynncraft so I'm again not sure why this is here.

Bob is alive
    Some people believe that Bob the warrior is still alive because of some sealed letters, but there are other explanations.

Bob campsite
    Continuing from the last item, there is a campsite on Gateway island which appears to have a sealed letter on it. It's believed that Bob used the island to get to Dern.

Colossal rat
    The Colossal rat is the surprisingly tough boss faced in Misadventure on the Sea. How he came to be some large is unknown.

Relics
    I assume this refers to relic shrines. These have been removed and replaced by secret discoveries. A welcome change in my opinion. They were also the original source of the sealed letters

Squiggles
    Squiggles is a squid mentioned in one of Captain Seaskipper's dialogues. I heard somewhere that he can be found in ??? but I haven't done every meteor yet so I'm not sure.

Below the surface

Grian's map
    I assume this is referring to the item that Grian used to (or still does) give (at least i think that's the method of obtaining it). It is a rare item in the trading community and if you own it you should probably keep it.

VIP town
    VIP town was a town found on the way to Detlas. A lot of new players were probably confused by it at the time. Inside the town was a scam merchant among other things. The area has now been repurposed into a secret discovery and the scam merchant can be found east of Llevigar's port.

Dernic heliolux
    Many people believe that the dark entity in A Hunter's Calling is actually the Dern equivalent of a Heliolux. It is probably also worth noting that the miniboss in EO who can be found after the maelstrom room and before the parkour room is a darkened heliolux.

Weird wynnic on map
    Prior to the 1.19 silent expanse update, there was a dark blanket over the area south of Rymek and east of the house of Twain. On it said ''Coming soon'' in ancient wynnic. This was to tease the silent expanse's addition.

Modsquad
    Modsquad was a strange duo of videos posted by IgbarVonSquid in 2015. I'm not sure why this is here though. It is a pretty interesting spin on the classic hacker catching format though so click this if you want to check them out.

Old ???
    The ??? you can do today isn't the original. There was an old version of it which was a lot more brutal about spoilers. If you told anyone how to do part of it, you would get banned.

Scam merchant
    See VIP town

CT dungeon
    Outside of the Wynn map, it is believed that there are many strange structures created by the CT because they were bored. It's possible that the CT built their own dungeon just for fun.

Salted's poop
    This is a similar item to the Grian map that sells for a lot.

Professor Depumbly
    In 2016 it was documented that a mob called Professor Depumbly can spawn in Troms. He is/was a pumpkin who drops research notes. I don't know if he is still in the game and if the research notes ever did anything.

Pigball
    Pigball was an old minigame in which you would play football with a pig. I believe it meant soccer instead of American football but it's hard to know. A version of this game called ''pigpuck'' can be found in Lusuco.

Troms guild hall
    Before Gavel was added, guilds were created in Troms. Now they are instead created in Cinfras.

Dern immigrant
    In the quest ''Haven Antiquity'' there are mobs known as ''Dern Immigrants''. These creatures are endermen and supposedly from Dern.

Peppered lore
    There used to be a Bovemist church in Detlas with a secret underground area. In the underground area you could find Anti-bovemists who worshipped Peppered from Craftedmovie.

The lord got lost in memories
    In every bovemist church in Wynn there was once a wither skull saying a word. When these were connected, they spelt out ''The lord got lost in memories''. Since they were found in Bovemist churches dedicated to worshipping Salted, the ''lord'' is likely referring to Craftedmovie. This is to say that craftedmovie is now nothing more than a mere memory. As for the wither skulls, it was thought that there was a witherist cult likely led by Gelbin who tried to revive Craftedmovie. There is only one skull remaining and it can be found in the Ternaves bovine church.

Troll relic
    When relic shrines were still a thing, people looked hard for them to get lore. In the abandoned mines, there was a small area where you could explore and at the end were ''Relic Guardians'' wearing troll faces. At the end of the cave, it said: ''Your relic is in another area, as a reference to super mario. There was a mushroom under the sign just to confirm that it was indeed a mario reference.

The abyss (painful for dark mode users to read)

Merlin
    Nilrem, the man Bob was writing sealed letters to, is Merlin backwards.

CT Neighbourhood
    Like the CT dungeon, it's possible that there is a CT neighbourhood outside the map.

PG-13 movies
    I'm not sure what this one means at all.

Professor Djemble
    Couldn't find anything about him other than that he's a counterpart to Depumbly. I assume he is a melon.

Home page wynnic
    I assume this is referring to the wynnic found on the logo. It translates to ''War of the Realms.'' This is a hint for the Dern Vs RoL storyline and it's pretty cool.

Desert lock for non donors
    This is probably referring to the fact that in the early days of wynncraft all level 30+ areas were locked off if you were not a donator.

Saltedisabitch
    I think this is referring to an old community joke but I'm not sure

Ragni shower
    In ragni, you can find a shower in one house. This is weird considering the medieval environment

Jumla's detlas item
    This is an item confirmed to be in the game and I don't know if it was ever found. It was a ''Trusty'' item to go with Grian's trusty ocean map and Salted's trusty poop and was supposedly in detlas.

Nicefind.avi
    Whenever somebody found an easter egg a few years ago, it was tradition to play the nicefind.avi clip.

Ocean castle
    There was once a large castle directly north of Nemract. Nobody knows what its purpose was but it is assumed to just be a set piece. It may have been an early version of Skien Island.

Nether armor
    The nether armor is a set that was once purchased from a nether merchant but is now dropped by RoC mobs. It's a weird item since you think it would corrupt you.

Snowman pet
    In 2013 there was a tweet by Wynncraft announcing a craftmas event and a snowman pet. I think this is the only way to get the snowman pet.

Admintest1
    This was a forum test by the admins. The account reached 1 million likes, messages and trophy points before being deleted.

Worthington
    In the jungle village, there used to be a useless NPC named Worthington. He was a reference to the builder Wortho27

Troms secret room
    There are supposedly multiple secret rooms inside Troms castle. Since the city has been redone they are probably removed by now.

Piers Morgan
    Piers Morgan is the final troms professor. He created the other professors (i think) and is nothing more than an easter egg right now.

King of ragni forum account
    There is an admin account known simply as ''King of Ragni'' on the forum. The account has no activity and is likely a test account or easter egg.

September 2015 lobby war
    In september of 2015, the server bugged out. A member of staff turned on PVP in the lobby and players got to fight while the server was down.

Sarnfic dragon egg
    Inside sarnfic is a secret room housing a frozen dragon egg. This is either an easter egg or a hidden piece of lore.

2013 lobby
    I think this is referring to the first ever lobby. I don't know what this one means.

1.9 TOL
    once again i have no idea what this means

Please tell me what I got wrong so I can fix it

11. Flynn Taggart

Flynn Taggart Would an omnipresent always vore you 24/7 VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    You found an easter egg and thats really great for you. But guess what JOHN CENA

FAZu, Jbip, starx280 and 1 other person like this.
  12. Arkade

Arkade Who am I? CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Where is Wizard Fortress tho

starx280 likes this.
  13. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is a top-tier post, I love these iceberg memes

starx280 likes this.
  14. Tealy

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The Dern Immigrant here was actually referencing the Dern Immigrants on the old Dern Island, pre-gavel.

Djemble and Depumply have a long backstory, I suggest you look some more for the details, but Djemble is still on the map, after all these years.

Pg-13 movies is a reference to Salteds forums status

Home page Wynnic is actually referring to the wynnic found on the home page, not the logo.

1.9 TOL is the Temple of Legends quest before the Ocean Update. Since it was so difficult to get to the level req at the time, and Wynn had such a small playerbase compared to these days, hardly anyone ever did it. It was very different from 1.10+ TOL.

Also you forgot the second lowest entry, the wynndata link. I wanna see if anybody knows what it means

Melkor and Samsam101 like this.
  15. TrapinchO

Minecraft:
    Wasn't it written on a wall outside the map? Like giant writing

ron111701 and Samsam101 like this.
  16. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I put in the link whilst researching for this thread and found a pretty weak build. I decided to leave it out because of it being classbuilding related.

17. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's actually not classbuilding related, it's something only real OGs will get...

ocu likes this.
  18. Tealy

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    also you're wrong about this

19. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I'm not mistaken, this was the best endgame build before the now classic Blue Mask/Adamantite/Crystal/Stalagmites build. I want to say this was either Ocean Update or even pre-Ocean Update, but this was far before my time and there's not much info about items back then.

20. Samsam101

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I found an image of a Djemble in troms with cooridnates. I went to the coordinates and found nothing. I also heard there are more around the map. Where do I look?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.