Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Petition For The Dev Team To Work With Novalescent

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by [object Object], Jul 24, 2020.

?

Petiton

1. Vote

67.3%
  2. Vote 2 (needed two options, don't click this)

49.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [object Object]

[object Object] Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Novalescent has made a lot of different wynncraft-related things that would make the game much better, if he could collaborate with the current devs. Hopefully, if the poll gets enough votes and an admin sees it, they might actually hire Novalescent and/or let them in the content team!

2. Dwicey

Dwicey mmmyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If I remember correctly, Developers are "scouted" by Jumla when a new Developer is needed. As much as I would like to see Novalescent contribute to the game, and have his ideas in-game, they have to make sure any potential Developer is qualified enough, could relatively seamlessly fit into the already existing team, and a bunch of other stuff that I don't really know much about that I'm sure would make it even harder to expand the dev team.

NITEHAWKX, Aya, Stag2001 and 6 others like this.
  3. Novalescent

Novalescent Retired Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    It's really flattering to see this and I'm quite happy that people really want me to help support and improve this game. But I'm gonna have to be honest: I'm fine with my current position right now.

I'll start by saying that yes, I have thought about applying for the CT and also working my way up to the Developer position. I feel like I am a capable enough programmer to do so, and I'm willing to overcome any learning curves and obstacles to do so. That was several months ago, probably around when I made my first highly approved suggestion, Improved Spell Effects. However, as time went on I lost interest. Not because I don't think I'm capable or I'm not sure I'll be able to live up to my name, but really because I see no reason at the moment.
    I'm fairly certain that I've made a name for myself in this community as the "Wynncraft Systematic Recreation Developer," or perhaps "The Community's Developer." To be honest I like those better. I'm not being beholden to what I can make, what I can change. I can make my own dreams and other peoples dream feel more approachable and alive, even if it isn't real Wynncraft. For me that's more worth it than being on CT where I might be limited on what I can do. I like having this kind of freedom and I'm not so keen on it being limited.

Not only that, but the requirements and process of acquiring an actual Developer is much more difficult than people may think. This is just being based off of various things I've heard from people, but from my understanding it's not as simple as applying via the Content Team Application page. The Developer position in Wynncraft is most likely an actual job and position. There are deadlines, tasks, and probably pay to an extent. Most likely to get it, you'd need to be interviewed and go through the process of being approved, etc. I also don't think that the codebase for Wynncraft is that easy to change, as I'm very certain that there is more to the backend of this game than what meets the eye.

I wouldn't mind working with the Developers or the CT if they need my help in some way, but for now I'm fine with my current state in the community: Just a Community Developer. :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
    cameston, J_Lo777, NITEHAWKX and 39 others like this.
  4. Foven

Foven Praise the Moon HERO

Minecraft:
    Nova is too good for wynncraft

5. Sar

Sar The Fire Archer CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nova for CT

Maximdem and starx280 like this.
  6. Nukewarmachine

Nukewarmachine emerald tier above LE when VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Nova for the CT :D

Maximdem and starx280 like this.
  7. TS_potato

TS_potato Average kj main VIP+

Minecraft:
    nova for ct

Maximdem likes this.
  8. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    Well they did just recently hire a developer (Apollo) and I’m sure that if they needed another developer they would reach out to who they see fit, and not just hire someone because of a “petition” on the forums.
    Just to clarify: before people get upset at me for this post, understand that I think that nova is a great developer and would do well if he was programming for Wynncraft, but I also think that while making a petition is a great way to show support, (in my opinion) it won’t get you very far if your goal is to make a change to the development team.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    Violet Knight, Saya, Dr Zed and 3 others like this.
  9. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    I think this is the same or very similar to @ThePurpleEmerald (and maybe more).
    They just want to do stuff they want, have the freedom ct and devs don't have

EDIT: I don't mean by this I don't want them to be in ct/dev team, I do.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
  10. ThePurpleEmerald

ThePurpleEmerald Famous Adventurer

Yeah

Dr Zed likes this.
  11. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    To be honest, I'm kind of mixed on Nova's ideas. Some of them are for things that don't really need to be changed, but then there are some great ones that I 100% think should be added. He'd be good on the CT, but should all of his ideas be added? No. Also I don't think you can really petition for somebody to be hired without their consent...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.