Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

New Player, Need Tips.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Gladionus, Jul 6, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gladionus

Gladionus Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Hello! I started playing Wynncraft today and I'm looking for tips and what to do/go for. Thanks!

Greedus likes this.
  2. Greedus

Greedus Knight of Wynn VIP+

Minecraft:
    TBH, just do what ever, you like. I'd probably suggest just questing mostly and dungeons cause they are fun. Don't worry about builds till your higher level and try professions but if you find them boring it's fine to stop. I hope you enjoy the server, it is really good and the community is decent too!

Chirynnn and Melkor like this.
  3. Gladionus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    So do I just do every quest I can? Also, how can I do dungeons?

4. Greedus

Minecraft:
    Well, I'd do all the quests you can cause you get XP and they are also fun (most of them anyways). In addition, by doing all the quests you will unlock the dungeons. Dungeons are scattered over wynn and you'll know them when you see them and do their quests and they can by done by obtaining their unique keys, which are carried by a guardian. These can be like mini-bosses and you'll know one when you see one.

5. Gladionus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Alright, so do I just continue on the east road for now?

6. Greedus

Minecraft:
    That seems a good plan. I'm assuming your level 1 - 10 and on the Emerald trail; the road leading east from Ragni and into the Nivla Forest. There's a bunch of nice, good quests on this road and in the plains and forest, then you'll reach Detlas soon enough, the main trading hub and where you'll find a majority of player base hang out there, so they'll be plenty of extra help available. Similarly, you'll also unlock the quest 'Tunnel Trouble' which will connect Ragni and Detlas together, so you can easily head back for any later quests. There a fair few dungeons around this level and area, too. As you may find that some levels are starved of quests and obvious content so this provides an alternative option. After this, around level 30 + you'll find there are a lot more quests and content, too.

Alternatively, if you become further engaged in the world of wynn, I would suggest exploring. There are a plethora of secret discoveries providing context and history for the world, they are very interesting and fun. Hope this helps!

7. XxBatman99xX

XxBatman99xX Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    One thing that I loved to do when I was first starting out was to just explore the map. You will find a lot structures and caves, many of which have loot chests in them so you get some items out of it too. Like the other guy said I would do all of the quests because they are very fun IMO, plus you get XP and emeralds from them.

Melkor likes this.
  8. Samsam101

Samsam101 Star Walker GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Get used to spell combinations as you play. It really helps to know the correct order of clicks to perform a spell and it will do you great later on.

9. Selvut283

Selvut283 Circadian rhythm stuck on Tokyo time ♪ Music Item Team GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Explore around and take the game at your own pace. Do dungeons and walk around, fight and loot as you go- the early levels blaze by, so make sure you update your equipment regularly. Definitely do your quests- they're the bulk of the game's content.

Melkor likes this.
  10. williamszr98

williamszr98 Cyberpunk 2077 have less bugs than this update VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Melkor likes this.
  11. Melkor

Melkor The dark enemy of the world HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welcome to the server! As for what to do, do quests, they're fun and are really the central content of the game, do dungeons sometimes, explore, make sure your equipment is around the appropriate level, don't do professions unless you like the grind. Don't afk ANYWHERE, even if it seems safe (use /class if you need to afk). Let the level of the mobs in an area guide where you go, you can look on the map (which has already been linked in this thread) to see where you are and what mobs levels are, as well as a bunch of other useful info. If you get stuck in a block or are trapped somewhere, use /kill if you have more than 6 soul points.

12. TrapinchO

TrapinchO retired observer of the wiki VIP+ Featured Wynncraftian

Minecraft:
    If you can't find location/solution to a puzzle use wiki.

You can also use it to gain great knowledge about the game.

13. Steve161803

Steve161803 Richguy CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    wynntils mod will help you a lot, and try the whiskey in Nemract's bar

TrapinchO likes this.
  14. zionthegoat

zionthegoat Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Do quests for money and XP, and make sure to update your gear regularly. You may see people on here talk about builds. If you don't know what builds are, they're basically certain combinations of armor + accessories + a weapon to make you effective in one or more areas. For example, some builds make your spells very strong and have a low mana cost, while others make your weapon's basic attack (melee attack) more strong.
    Anyway, you can ignore that for now. Builds aren't important until around level 80+. Just stick with what you find best.

15. Gladionus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, I'm now combat 17, did alot of quests and about to go into detlas. Did the sewer dungeon once too.

I'm using the Wynntils mod now which has keybinds for spells so all good.

I spent about 20 mins walking around with shaders because the world is so beautiful and doing quests near me.

I've got full rare equipment now and a decent staff. Doing good for now :D

Yeah, ive had to use the wiki when i got lost on a quest and couldnt find where to go.

Ive downloaded the wynntils mod, also, where's Nemract's bar?

Im just using the best equipment i find right now and used accessories which i got from the merchant near Nivla Forest.

Thank you everyone who helped me out i really appreciate it! Loving the server so far and it is very well made! Thank you all again.

Melkor likes this.
  16. Chirynnn

Chirynnn Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Adventurer armor is really good once you're level 29, gives a set of bonuses as well. I also recommend installing the Wynntils forge mod, the admins said it's fine to use so no risk in getting banned. As others said, do quests, dungeons to level up, and just have fun however you want.

TrapinchO likes this.
  17. Gladionus

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Where do i get adventurer armor, im addicted so itll be quicker than i expected lol.

18. Chirynnn

Chirynnn Skilled Adventurer

Minecraft:
    Around Almuj or in the desert, really, anything can drop the pieces of armor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.