Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Are You Fucking Kidding Me

Discussion in 'Guilds' started by Ascended Kitten, Jun 25, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ascended Kitten

Ascended Kitten The Greatest HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I am pretty sure most players involved with guilds know about this dilemma but since I am stuck in an 8 hour trailing war I figured I might as well.

If you're active in the guild community these days you are probably aware that this server treats them like an unwanted daughter they are now forced to pay child support for. With the exception of new territories every blue moon the core gameplay did not change whatsoever since release. The only way to compete or actually extend guilds beyond a glorified party chat are wars, aka. repetitive macro contests with some juicy autoclicking and borderline bug-abuse for banner spam in between.

Now whether one actually enjoys them or not, all this effort goes into the accumulation of guild xp. Which, really, might as well be a randomly generated integer, cause while everyone farming it since 2015 thought they were working towards a level lead it turns out it's not just virtually, but entirely worthless.

It has already been established years ago that competitive balance is not on the administration's to-do list when a guild locking down every territory in the entire game due to wars being broken got to keep the insane xp lead that to this day remains untoppled. Yet years of more or less healthy rivalry followed and the leaderboard started to look a bit more realistic. That is, till the addition of RTD territories, which happened to include Void Valley.

For those not aware, Void Valley covers the best group grind spot in the game, commonly referred to as "Glowbulb cave". Usually that'd be no issue since even after it turned out to be way too good in terms of guild xp earnings literally everyone in the Content Team had time to listen to the community (or you know, me, since I literally included a note for this territory before leaving the CT) and edit the border as to not include this particular spot.
    If you are asking yourself just how bad it could be, the answer probably is "worse" :)) That one territory alone when farmed on (which you can easily organize with a few totems, let alone dxp and taking the territory while others grind) makes more xp than every other territory previously known as 'great for xp' combined. A few dxp weekends ago, the owner of the territory made a literal 20 billion XP with 15b of that easily being attributed to bulb, despite them owning a buncha other endgame area territories.
    [​IMG]

This raises the question of why guilds even bother forming alliances, or holding any other claim when you might as well just farm this one territory and invalidate 4+ years of guild history and level grind within a few weeks.
    I am very much aware that there might be plans for guilds in the future :tm: but the fact that such a simple fix cannot be carried out within almost half a year is a new level of disappointment, and that's coming from a guild veteran.

Dungrim, mantyker, xMini_ and 74 others like this.
  2. Corruptplex

Corruptplex Just an ordinary player HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Very nice read!

JohnDSi, BTK2000, 7DaysAgo and 7 others like this.
  3. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    elint clout <3

4. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    yeah thats right

i can use lightshot

edit: also on behalf of Fox that screenshot happened 2 dxp weekends ago and was just coincidental parties while we held the terr

Tekenen, Vholtz_, 7DaysAgo and 5 others like this.
  5. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Actually tho wtf

They completely destroyed the integrity of the leveling system and took a huge shit on veteran guilds that have poured years of effort and hard work.

Glowbulb is way to easy to abuse for guild experience and undermines the legacy and accomplishments of guilds that have come and gone by making experience insanely easy to get.

Vholtz_, thepicferret, Geag and 11 others like this.
  6. BasicAly

BasicAly Commandress of HackForums CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I wonder if they will ever listen to us. We are literally 90% of the people who still play after endgame. For what? to be completely ignored.

xMini_, Tekenen, Vholtz_ and 17 others like this.
  7. Lunatic_Lady

Lunatic_Lady can i get a uhhh uhhhhh Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    *Raises glass*

Tekenen, 7DaysAgo, ItzVmark03 and 3 others like this.
  8. Nepeta Leijon

Nepeta Leijon Rogue of Heart ♌ Leittarius CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    I mean, why bother balancing the core part of your endgame that's the only thing keeping (a majority of) your community alive? It's just toxic anyway, that's all guilds are. Therefore, they should be totally ignored and all issues and bugs related to them are unimportant.

Tekenen, Foven, 7DaysAgo and 4 others like this.
  9. MysticStrider

MysticStrider Retired Emperor of Sindria HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree - it's completely insane in how with a few hours and xp bombs, you can completely lay to waste the accomplishments, efforts, and legacies of veteran guilds. Void Valley is completely broken in parties, and it'd probably a really simple fix to just edit the territory borders to leave out Glowbulb Cave.

10. Pally

Pally Former Titans Valor [ANO] Owner HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It took ANO 1 year to hit level 55, we worked hard for it, getting attacked and defending, joining alliances and protecting not only just ourselves, but others. We achieved what was one of the best acomplisments a guild could do at that time, having access to 22ks, which in it of itself is a waste of money now and completely useless, but thats for another time.

With the introduction of Glowbulb, you can get to at the very least level 50 within less than 4 hours, as evidenced by the DXP weekend, with only a couple of bombs+totems.

Please nerf Glowbulb, or just delete the Void Valley territory entirely

11. Acrobit

Acrobit Only a damaged soul could hurt another human... VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I can not agree more with this post

12. Anbu

Anbu yeet these squares! HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeet these squares!

Tekenen, 7DaysAgo, ItzVmark03 and 6 others like this.
  13. 99loulou999

99loulou999 ArchangeList VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    what do you mean having 50 people from 12 different guilds clicking a banner at the same time just to get 1 territory while the hundreds more territory are basically near useless for xp just sit there crying, all of this inside a dxp weekend arrving in a host migration along with a swarm of new players, which later on broke wars for 2 days yet again, isn't supposed to be the Wynncraft endgame? I personally find it very (((F u n)

Arkade, Tekenen, ItzVmark03 and 4 others like this.
  14. VovaTheEpic

VovaTheEpic Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    idk this seems sorta fair /s

15. Drew1011

Drew1011 Former Viceroy of the Foxes / Reviver of Kingdoms HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I gave up on expecting Wynn to give a shit about their massive guild community years ago. Frankly not sure why people still participate in it. Don’t see how being continually insulted and spat on by the people running the game is fun or satisfying

xMini_, meadow, Mox gang uwu and 14 others like this.
  16. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    inb4 they shut down this thread

place ur bets y'all

17. sandra

sandra sandra HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    please no more void valley rec tangle

7DaysAgo, Hei, BasicAly and 2 others like this.
  18. Pontosaurus

Pontosaurus fuy busted moments CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    feed me likes

19. Nynnf

Nynnf Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    1 nemract whiskey

20. ItzVmark03

ItzVmark03 Monster man and IBT leader yet again VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its time for wynn to start caring about the guild system.

BTK2000, StormKing3, Geag and 9 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.