Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Community Event First Month Event (vote)

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by IcyWheat, Jun 8, 2020.

?

Which event do you want the First Month to be about? (Remember, you can only vote for one)

1. Original Wynncraft-Styled Adventure Map

19.3%
  2. Ironman Crafted without any crafteds competition

16.9%
  3. Wynncraft Art

27.7%
  4. Ragni Teleport Scrolls

12.0%
  5. EO Race

13.3%
  6. Charity Wannabes (Seriously, don't vote for this)

10.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IcyWheat

IcyWheat Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Hello everybody, I'm back again, but this time, with all the new ideas. I will be putting them down here and then there will be description detailing what each of these events will be. Make sure to read them over and then vote which one you want for the first month event to be!

• Original Wynncraft-Styled Adventure Map
      - Contestants will create a map in Singleplayer whose gameplay and content is as close to Wynncraft’s own style as possible (e.g. dialogue appearance, mobs, etc.), while containing an original quest/ storyline/ region if any.
      - Contestants are allowed to use any mods, and must post a list of the required mods upon submission.
      - Submissions will be judged on creativity, ingenuity and closeness to Wynncraft’s style of appearance and mechanics.
      - Take note of the mods that you use in the map, as certain mods can remove part of the creativity that we’re looking for (e.g. simply using an existing mob in a mod as an enemy). This competition will bring out creativity in many of the players, and give them an opportunity to find out what original creations they can make with the limitation of sticking to the style of Wynncraft, and the Wynncraft staff might also have the potential to gain new ideas from the original content in the maps, or easily find players who are fit for the Content Team. Contestants can then showcase their builds through youtube, or in a form of video. (Send IcyWheat (me) the video or link so I can gather them and post them in the polls together at the end of the competition)
      (Credit to The Purple Emerald for this idea)

• Ironman Crafted without any crafteds competition
      - Players have to start a fresh IC class and complete the most ingame content to win.
      The only catch: you aren’t allowed to gain any crafting levels.
      Rules:
      1. No crafted items
      2. Use /skiptutorial in order to prevent from raising your profession levels, as this will be later be investigated to prove if you did not craft anything.
      (Credit to SayaDuck for the original idea)
      (Credit to ironman btw for the fixes)
      [Please be informed that there are edits made in order to improve this one.]
    • Wynncraft Art
      - Draw a picture of anything Wynncraft related, it could even be a 3D model instead.
      Rules:
      1. Must be original, no plagiarism or any highly inappropriate art (use common sense).
      2. If there is an obvious bias during the voting for art (which is considered cheating), then I will remove that winner and pick the 2nd most voted art. (Do not fuck with me) :blush:
    • Ragni Teleport Scrolls
      - Whoever has the most ragni teleport scrolls will win.
      (Credit to Spyhy for this idea)

• EO Race
      - EO with basic items. And basic items only. No powders. Only permitted accessories are Bronze Basic accessories from LI, and only permitted consumables are Health Potions. Players who complete EO the fastest (or those who get the furthest) win rewards.
      (Credit to _Dazzle for this idea)
    • Charity Wannabes
      - Whoever gives Gambler of Gales the most amount of LE's will win a warm fuzzy feeling
      (Credit to... uh.. Gambler of Gales for this idea)
    You will only be able to vote for one competition. Ideally, I'd like to see a lot of votes in the polls, so please share this and you can get them to vote the same event you want, so win-win? Once a competition has been selected, I will be making another post of it, which will announce the start of the competition and the deadline of it, as well as more crucial information.

The deadline for voting will be 6/18/2020. (Giving a lot of time for ya'all)

--
    P.S: Allow me to shamelessly advertise my new youtube channel that will be dedicated for this events stuff. There is nothing in there
    for now.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClYShJwZnki-F-LpjbRZl3w/featured
    --

Edit: Made the words into default color, some people are using light mode and cannot see the description. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
  2. IcyWheat

Minecraft:
    Oh yeah, forgot to mention but I will be giving a month of duration for any of these competition.

MlecznyHuxel99 likes this.
  3. Linnyflower

Linnyflower ironman btw Item Team HICH Master CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Saya i want my credit back

also vote for option 2 and i will give cookie plz

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    Saya likes this.
  4. StormDragon4

StormDragon4 Horribly Inactive HERO

Minecraft:
    for the IC one does that mean you can only use quest items?

5. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    @Gambler of Gales look man I understand that Seavale Reef isn't exactly cutting it but may I interest you in helping me steal money from the Horse Merchant's stash?

6. Linnyflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    where does he keep it all? the world may never know

Shots likes this.
  7. BellySurfer

BellySurfer Skilled Adventurer

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Maybe for the IC one, you could have them send a recording? Idk, might be a way to enforce

8. Linnyflower

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    there’s no way to really enforce that, recording what is probably going to be over 100 hours of gameplay isn’t really realistic. they should just remove the no solo thing since ironman already has some solo restrictions

though still the best one in my opinion

9. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Wow option 6 looks great everyone should vote for it
    How dare you assume that my wonderful and fun monthlong event has any other motive than to be fun and wonderful? I put a whole week into thinking it up and I am offended that you would even suggest that there is any personal reason for suggesting it
    On an unrelated note, maybe we could add a caveat that you need to complete every quest and boss altar you can as you level; since boss drops only drop in iron man mode while fighting solo (IIRC), it would mean that, even if people do team up to level, which you cannot enforce, there would still be marked indicators of individual ability as people level.
    Proof of completion at level could be sent to you in the form of screenshots of a person in the boss altar room or with the boss altar item in their hotbar

That said, I honestly think that this is kind of a bad idea; it can easily become a pay-to-win or luck-based event based on who’s willing to shell out the most for dungeon and dxp bombs, or who’s able to find the most servers with those bombs active, as well as the totem issue as you stated earlier. Plus, when you get down to it, the event is probably just going to boil down to “whoever is willing to camp the glowbulb/blinder grind spots for the longest to rack up the most EXP wins”. That’s kind of lame, not to mention the whole unenforceable part.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    Shots likes this.
  10. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EO Race and Wynncraft Art seem the best IMO, all the ideas are really cool but some of them seem super niche and I'm not sure if they'd get many participants. Personally, I think the art contest is the best, it's been a while since I've seen a competition like that on here.

11. _oroka

_oroka Well-Known Adventurer VIP

Minecraft:
    he already bought me vip because i asked him :)
    icywheat is a god amongst gods.

btdmaster and IcyWheat like this.
  12. Emogla3

Emogla3 az is bad 2: the movie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Do this on Ironman

Rueru, StormDragon4 and Saya like this.
  13. Rueru

Rueru Travelled Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    complete li with normal items challenge where

14. Cloud__

Cloud__ wynncraft is cool duh VIP+

Minecraft:
    If Wynncraft art win in the pool i already have Like 5 draw :sunglasses:

15. IcyWheat

Minecraft:
    Maybe I can bring that into the second month voting polls.

16. AmbassadorDazz

AmbassadorDazz Discord Killjoy Staff Member Moderator HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    mmm YES.
    I actually planned a casual run with Az as a backup (because of the Wretches), but backed out of it. If this run happens, I'll be running it for real.

IcyWheat likes this.
  17. IcyWheat

Minecraft:
    At this rate, looks like Wynncraft Art will win, oh boy, can't wait to see the result haha

18. IcyWheat

Minecraft:
    Deadline is tomorrow!

Though, wynncraft art might just win at this point

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.