Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Eu Servers

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Jumla, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jumla

Jumla Head Developer/Founder of Wynncraft Staff Member Admin Developer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hi everyone!

We’re going to take the EU servers down for a little bit and experiment with trying to reduce latency for EU players with other methods. We originally created the EU servers because our old host had a problem which would cause severe latency (>500ms) for a number of players in the EU making Wynncraft unplayable. As far as we know, our current host does not have that problem. Plus, in the coming week, we’re going to move to a new system which should significantly reduce latency to our servers for everyone.

Maintaining the EU servers had created an extremely high operational burden for our team which forced us to spend time working to keep them online instead of working on new features for the game. We figure that if we can avoid that maintenance and keep Wynn fun for EU players, we’re getting the best of both worlds. But, we’re going to watch how this goes very closely and we’re definitely not ruling out the idea of bringing a dedicated EU server back in the future.

_yope, NITEHAWKX, Rawb and 44 others like this.
  2. Tekenen

Tekenen Professional Loser VIP+

Minecraft:
    as long as we can keep the trade market :D

3. Cloud__

Cloud__ wynncraft is cool duh VIP+

Minecraft:
    i was playing EU servers ehrn i joined the server and it was like unplayable for the lag and i am in Italy, so now im playing in WC sservers but there is a little bit laggy, also i cant wait to play the new EO servers xd

4. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Hopefully wars will be fixed soon :) (and maybe 45second timer? owo)
    also if an admin reads this: I'd love to have the guild xp requirements to know what we are going to face in upcoming levels

5. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I hope the team isn't stressing too much.

Clickbaitz likes this.
  6. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    The war issues are actually planned to be fixed with this change, but as is usual in software development it's taking a bit longer than expected. It's getting closer though!

7. Bart

Bart Well-Known Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Nice! (and ye just take your time with wars.. hopefully you guys can make them even better than they used to be)
    One more thing, would it be possible to get the guild xp requirements? (to know what the xp requirements are in upcoming guild levels but also to know the xp requirements in general)

8. thepicferret

thepicferret Chief of Avicia, Send help wynncraft addicted HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Let's make eu servers great again!?

9. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Europe is literally gone wtf

10. YellowDamage

YellowDamage Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    this is a gaming moment

11. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    finally

Clickbaitz likes this.
  12. cloud yeehaw

cloud yeehaw perfectly centered reimu floating midair

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    EUROPE IS GONE!!!
    [​IMG]

13. MrYoghurt2004

MrYoghurt2004 Warrior Gang Discord Moderator CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    We did it bois, EU is no more!

14. Akitae

Akitae Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Yay, so now, I can't play with less than 300 ping. Good job, you just killed your EU communities :D
    CUR is now barely impossible to do for EU players due to the unreliability of the jumps with more than 150 ping. You either not jump at all on the bounce things, or jump multiple times. Each times it occurs, it slows you down cause you have to redo the whole thing. Noice.
    I understand the "burden" it may have caused to have this working, but can you understand the burden of playing with high ping ? Not every European got a decent enough connection to have a stable 120ms on NA server. Going below 100ms is barely impossible aswell for a vast majority of EU players.
    Let's hope your solution is going to come fast, and that it will work without adding you so much so-called "burden".

Edit : And for everyone calling like "no it's ur internet", welp. I have a steady 60ms on a vast majority of games, including and not limited to : LoL, Rust, Rocket League, Minecraft.
    For NA servers, playing on LoL PBE is 120ms, some Rust servers are 130, some are 180 (may depends on whether it's NA West or NA East), same goes for Minecraft. and by steady, I mean it keeps stable for more than a few hours. Whereas on wynncraft, I often have those spikes where nobody moves at all anymore and then poof, everyone moves at x10 until it back up (noteblock music included)

RewsenJ likes this.
  15. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I'm pretty sure 300 ping shouldn't cause too much problems with CUR. I've done it with 1k+, though it's more annoying.

16. Coffee KQ

Coffee KQ Beauteous Brew VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    A small price to pay for the trade market

General Skien likes this.
  17. il_ninja_di_Dio

il_ninja_di_Dio Travelled Adventurer

you guys realize that not having EU servers means that people from EU won't play and won't give them money to keep the game alive?

RewsenJ likes this.
  18. RancidTea

RancidTea Well-Known Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I posted a query to the reddit yesterday as to why I was having a lot of trouble connecting, and I now assume this is why. I hope y'all do realise that it's making it really difficult for EU players (for example, I'm from the UK) to even join, and when we do we experience huge lag...! I really just hope y'all can get this fixed soon, cause I've been sitting here for the best part of an hour and a half to try and log on, and I keep being disconnected, no matter what IP I try and use (play.wynncraft. com/eu.wynncraft. com), and I had the same issue yesterday. It really sucks as, as you can probs see, I've purchased hero rank which is a lot of money to sink into something, especially if I can't even join and use it. :/

PikaPrince likes this.
  19. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    Can nobody read anymore?

Saya and SmileyAlec like this.
  20. il_ninja_di_Dio

il_ninja_di_Dio Travelled Adventurer

i can read, i was talking to those who were rejoicing about EU being no more

Clickbaitz likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.