Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Mage/Dark Wizard How To Make A Good Poison Build

Discussion in 'Class Builds' started by TheMaster928, May 1, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheMaster928

TheMaster928 Newbie Adventurer

Minecraft:
    I have a few question about how to make a good build and how everything works (IM NOT USING THIS FOR PVP)
    1. What is the best poison build for a mage. (I am level 60 but will be higher soon)
    2. Is the plague staff worth using and how often does is drop from the boss altar
    3. How does poison work, for example if I have 100/3s poison do I do 100 split between 3 seconds or is it 300 damage. Also if I have a very fast attack speed then and I put poison on a enemy multiple times. Do spells inflict poison.

Thank you very much

2. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    1. There's no clear "best", it depends on how much health, poison, defense, etc. you want.
    If you want to look through some builds ask in the class builds section here or sort for poison through wynndata (https://www.wynndata.tk/items/)

2. compared to some end game wands it really doesn't have all that much poison. But for its level the damage is great and a poison build probably really wants that major id, so unless you can use Uranium Aegis (look it up on wynndata), I personally would use that wand on a poison build.

It's main problem is the high intelligence requirement, since spells don't do all that much in a poison build. But ice snake, heal and teleport are great utility so it's not that big of a deal. It's competition only starts at lvl 83, with bismuthinite, so if you're a poison mage before that point, I'd advise you to get it.

Since the boss altar has three different special items, I assum it drops 1/3 of the time. Another item that drops from it, the plague mask, is great with the plague staff at level, though. If you want a mid-level poison build, I suggest you use that.

3. If you have 300/3s poison and hit an enemy with any attack, after you wait 1 second it'll do 100 damage. a second later 100 damage again and the second after that 100 damage again.
    This timer does reset if you hit the enemy again. So try only hitting enemies again after the poison damage is dealt. The damage also scales with strength.

Last edited: May 2, 2020
  3. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    This isn’t true; if you had 100/3 poison, it would deal that 100 damage over three seconds. Each individual tick of poison would only do 33 to 34 damage.

creature likes this.
  4. TheMaster928

Minecraft:
    Thank you that is very helpful. So the Uranium Aegis has the same Plague id as the plague staff so what happens when you have both of them, does is spread the poison at 140% (kind of op), Also how do other major id's work when you have them multiple times.

5. Saya

Saya you win at uwynn HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Major IDs do not stack.

I'm pretty sure the Plague major ID is bugged and exponentially decreases poison damage, making it actively hurt you. Might be a good idea to not use it.

6. TheMaster928

Minecraft:
    That really weird how much damage does it do to you

7. creature

creature Uncorrupt, so possibly serving Dern VIP

Minecraft:
    thanks! I was thinking about 300/3s poison when I wrote that.

8. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    It doesn't actually hurt you, but it makes your poison do close to no damage, so it can be a detriment

Also, in the future, use the Reply function when trying to talk to someone. It's at the bottom right of a person's comment.
    |
    V​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.