Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Fruma Terrain On The Map?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Hesnilo, Apr 11, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hesnilo

Hesnilo A 5am coffee ☕ VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Just casually looking at the map and I already see some new side terrain being built? Looks relevant to Fruma...? :O

[​IMG]
    I see a smOl tree or something?
    [​IMG]

The side terrain though looks pretty nice already :O Looks peaceful and serene in my opinion...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

But damn, maybe there's gonna be an iconic, pristine waterfall? If there is, I'm looking forward to it though :D

https://forums.wynncraft.com/threads/new-provinces-theory-map.97552/
    An old post almost 5 years ago...
    None of those maps are accurate for sure since they're outdated, but perhaps we have a better idea of how big Fruma will be after Corkus and SE came out...

I have no idea where Dern will be but Fruma might be this part?
    [​IMG]

What are your thoughts on these pics?

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
  2. Sazi

Sazi | Nia ・ 。゚*.☽ .* :☆゚. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    :eyes: >w<

Hesnilo likes this.
  3. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

I feel like there's gotta be a deeper meaning to this...

Sar and Hesnilo like this.
  4. DutchSpruceRun

DutchSpruceRun Adventurer VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Saya likes this.
  5. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Also, the tree is for copy and pasting.
    Isn't a part of Furma really.

Hesnilo likes this.
  6. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That's been there for at least two years now

7. Never_0121

Never_0121 Embrace the abyss

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My problem with any map updates revealing Fruma is that such an update will ruin the essential game mechanics of Wynncraft. It is implied in the lore that we (the player) were either a Fruman who was brainwashed and sent to Wynn, or created by something, who made it so that it looked like we (the player) came from Fruma. If the game is made such that it basically is us (the player) exploring Wynn, Gavel, and defeating whatever comes out of Dern and the corruption, how would the game devs explain away the player being able to visit Fruma aside from sections of quests? What level would you have to be to be able to go to Fruma? How would the devs justify a reason to be granted access to Fruma? Also, it is implied in lore that Fruma is the cradle of humanity, and that Wynn is an outpost first settled over a thousand years ago. Fruma would have to be absolutely massive, to the point of dwarfing the entire current map, for it to fit the role it plays in the lore. I honestly don't see a Fruma expansion occurring, unless the lore is heavily modified, or we're granted access to a small section of Fruma, with a boundary being some sort of fortification system or natural obstacles, which would also conveniently explain away how Fruma was not affected by corruption, aside from closing the border with Wynn. In conclusion, I think that a Fruma expansion will ruin the game, unless it is severely limited in scope, or comes with a major overhaul of the current lore.

EDIT: spelling mistake with Fruma

Last edited: Apr 11, 2020
    Hesnilo likes this.
  8. Yuno F Gasai

Yuno F Gasai Forum God, FW

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    They can have it so you can only visit a portion of fruma because the monarchy there heavily guards movement between the cities or smth

Hesnilo likes this.
  9. Never_0121

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    that is what I meant when I said "severely limited in scope"

10. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    1.20 fursuit update confirmed?
    (It’s Fruma not Furma)

Never_0121 likes this.
  11. Never_0121

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    fixed

12. Crispbreadfish

Crispbreadfish The fish with a crispbread body VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I came up with a possible reason. I'm not super familiar with the lore though and this is my first time writing anything in a long time, so I don't know if this would be a valid explanation; It's just an idea:

After you kill the leader of Wynn Excavation, word gets around among the leaders of the provinces and cities. Eventually the fruman Empress hears about this Wynn soldier, who defeated the "Illuminati". Now she is concerned, that at some point the player will become a threat to her power, if they are allowed to become even more powerful. So she invites you to her castle and plans to have her army ambush and kill the player when they arrive. You fight a bunch of high ranking army members and she sees, that the player can't really be stopped with a fight. So she makes a deal, that you may roam Fruma freely with some exceptions (like her castle for example) as long as you cause her no trouble. If you did, she would send a large portion of her army to Wynn to cause severe damage to the province. Basically to keep the player in check, she threatens attacks against so many innocent civilians at one time, that the player can't prevent everyone from dying.

13. IceResistance

IceResistance Titans Valor [ANO] Founder CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its Fruma time

TS_potato likes this.
  14. Never_0121

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    That is a good idea, but keep in mind that Fruma will be several times larger than Wynn and Gavel to fit the role in lore where they are the birthplace of humanity. Also, the biggest threat to the ordinary person in Fruma are the royals, with their brutal rule on the masses. What we take for granted in Wynn and Gavel, such as a bunch of hostile mobs that we can kill, won't exist in Fruma, simply due to the fact that the corruption basically does not exist there. Of course, a solution to all of this is to make it so that Fruma is invaded by Dern or corruption, but then the army will simply take care of any intrusions by any hostiles.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.