Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

How's The Lag?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Salted, Apr 4, 2020.

?

(read thread first) How's Wynncraft been this weekend, lag-wise?

1. Much better than usual (less laggy)

2. Better than usual (less laggy)

3. Same as usual

4. Worse than usual (more laggy)

5. Much worse than usual (more laggy)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Yo peeps! We started moving some of our infrastructure to a new host this week, and even though we aren't completely done with everything I'd like to hear your feedback on in-game lag. And just to make sure everyone understands the difference between network lag (what we improved) and client lag:

Client lag, do NOT vote based on those experiences:
    - Entering detlas and having your FPS drop to 10 is client lag
    - Killing a million mobs at once and having your game freeze for a second is client lag
    - Entering a quest-heavy area and having your game freeze for a second to the point you can't even move your head is client lag

Network lag, DO vote based on these experiences:

- Logging in to the game and falling slowly through the void with no chunks getting loaded is network lag
    - Every mobs suddenly freezing and then quickly teleporting around is network lag
    - Having your info bar (with your HP/mana) disappear, being unable to open your compass or interact with NPCs or cast spells is network lag
    - Taking forever to join Wynncraft and getting kicked with a "Disconnected" message or a weird and oddly long error message is network lag

Also please do not vote based on the current guild issues on EU servers. These are related to the new host, but not related to network-lag. Thanks!

2. Castti

Castti Kookie HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    My connection has been VERY good since the changes.

I've said this a few times but I went through EO with about 15-20 people and the server lag was nonexistent.

In other words: What lag?

Xykeal, Take, coolname2034 and 8 others like this.
  3. Coffee KQ

Coffee KQ Beauteous Brew VIP+

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If the things happening during Dxp weekend (e.g Profession and Cur Parties) affect the server's performance then this might be better to see after the weekend is over.

But Overall the lag in general has improved by a lot, i'm also playing from New Zealand and the only times i had lag were less than before when in this case its also a dxp weekend so its also a definite improvement from the last one.

To put it simply, yes it has gone better, don't know about EU but NA servers are way more playable now.

Take and coolname2034 like this.
  4. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ..Reduced??

Lobbies are now actually working, and although the instant entering worlds is making me crash more often, the fps lag in general seem to be much better. Especially EU worlds have finally been working like they should for me, and NA servers seem to have stopped randomly stopping loading chunks like they used to for a while.

NITEHAWKX, Take, TrapinchO and 3 others like this.
  5. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Roughly the same for me (NA) though I only did a quick test. I semi-regularly experienced/have experienced all of the network issues listed.

ExertKarma likes this.
  6. Miles_

Miles_ hi CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I used to have insane lag on some servers and it was fine on others. In the last few days I haven't had extreme lag anywhere - a good sign. There has been a small sample size, however. Still, I'd expect the server to lag more with 2k people on, so yeah I guess it's going good.

7. WithTheFish

WithTheFish Internet Macrocelebrity CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Haven't been on Wynncraft constantly since the change, but to me this DXP weekend definitely feels less laggier than previous ones.

8. Neptune

Neptune Self-proclaimed Az Cult Leader CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Last DXP weekend makes it unplayable for me.
    This DXP weekend I haven't noticed much lag compared to normal days.

Thank you!

9. urbymine

urbymine Former Chief of Avicia

Guild:
    Lagg seems to be several times better, even in the most depraved corners of the EU servers, the situation improved dramatically.

Though i'm fairly sure this is due to the unfinished move towards the new datacenter: but wars have taken a serious hit and have been completely unplayable (literaly) as of earlier today. Hopefully that gets fixed soon as this is an entire portion of the game that became unplayable.

edit: oh yea, chat in certain situations is so horribly slow, to the point where certain messages range from 10+ seconds to actual 5-10 minutes to show up.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
  10. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Its no longer this.

coolname2034 and HoboMaggot like this.
  11. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    It's been quite a bit better recently. Although even with the dxp! I have however had a small bit here and again when I'm gathering wood, the tree will not gather at all for a bit, then speed up and gather in like half a second. Sometimes the gathering is just really slow in general.

12. DragonEngineer

DragonEngineer Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    With the new hosts I was able to switch from US servers to EU servers.
    Previously even though I live closer to EU Servers, the latency was higher than in US servers.

Now it's just much better, especially with the double xp weekend,
    In the previous double xp weekend, it was so bad that I couldn't log in. Now I can log in without much problem.

US servers latency didn't change much, but seems to be more stable than previous host.
    But EU servers latency dropped by about 200ms from the previous host.
    Now EU servers have less latency for me.

13. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  14. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    I'm not sure if it's because of the DXP weekend, but the lag is still really bad. Like, consistent half-second to full second delays between button presses and inputs registering bad.

15. Torpid

Torpid Torpid Torpedo HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Dude ive been having the most horrible of lag, mainly because of a blizzard recently, but i was also having a lot of lag outside of that. And then literally the day after this update hits everything is running swimmingly. Great work man, hell, now that im having so little lag i might be able to take on Cybel without being frozen!

16. J_Lo777

J_Lo777 Wynn Artist CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The fact that I feel that the lag is slightly improved, even with this dxp weekend and all the CUR parties and whatnot, would probably mean that under normal circumstances the server lag will probably be drastically lower than before :D

17. Gogeta

Gogeta Super Saiyan HERO

Minecraft:
    Everything is infinitely better except for this:

This had never happened to me until yesterday, when it happened five times throughout the day.

18. AIexxx

AIexxx Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    The Lag got removed but instead many other things are buggy now, just for example you can not use trade market from eu or you get kicked bc loggin from random location bc the system is lagging.

19. Cloud Man

Cloud Man Bruh HERO

Minecraft:
    *Cries in broken wars*

StormKing3 and Asthae like this.
  20. Mistrise Mystic

Mistrise Mystic Surfing winds and chasing windfalls HERO

Minecraft:
    Is anyone else getting a lot of item rubber-banding? Like, whenever I try to grab something it takes multiple tries because the item just teleports back into its original slot

ExertKarma likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.