Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Was Bob Olmic?

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by SueDiscroded, Dec 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueDiscroded

SueDiscroded Well-Known Adventurer CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    As title says, I looked into the Ragni Library and saw that Bob was described as having gray skin, while the Olmics also have gray skin. Is there a connection between the two?

2. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Fairly sure this has been a theory for a while, though I thought the theory was that he was Dernic. That should be updated, @SPYROHAWK live

BqwaOLD and Melkor like this.
  3. yellowscreen

yellowscreen Certified Lurker

Minecraft:
    I mean...
    The Olm were the Dernic people, so you can just replace ”Dernic” with ”Olmic” and the theory works

+ Olm have gray skin, just like Bob, for extra proof

The theory is more likely than ever, thanks to confirmation of Dernic people existing and the bit of extra proof

BqwaOLD and brokenmotor like this.
  4. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    I thought Dern was just a dark wasteland like the nether, so there couldn’t be anyone besides monsters like the Dark Beast? And I thought that the Olm were just native to Wynn before humans came along?

5. Tealy

Tealy a businessman of sorts GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Bit a logistical issue. Olmic =\= Dernic. Olmic are the people living in the expanse, Dernic is FROM Dern. I think Bob is Olmic, but the original theory was he was Dernic, before we knew the Expanse existed.

NITEHAWKX, Stag2001, Jacquie and 3 others like this.
  6. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    The first question is answered by Tealy above. The second is that the Olm were just normal humans, but by the Silent Expanse, were turned Gray somehow. This is seen in POTR, when the Luthos people are just humans during that scene if I remember.

Speaking of that, did Bob's biological mother have gray skin? And also how much impact did the Olm have on Wynn?

BqwaOLD likes this.
  7. Dr Zed

Dr Zed Famous Adventurer HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh, okay. That makes sense.

8. RazorGuild

RazorGuild FEATURED WYNNCEAFTIAN (WIP) (IM MAKING IT BIG) HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bob is a minority

(yeah he probably is olmic)

ocu likes this.
  9. HelloIAmG

HelloIAmG Beginner Theorist.

Peoples from Lutho not belong to Olmic Race.
    They are belong to Human Race. They are miners, and live by The Light Obelisk. Look at the Lutho Citizen Male Skin - they are Miners.

brokenmotor likes this.
  10. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Pretty sure bobs mother was normal and his father was of dernic origin. May interpret that as directly from Dern or Olmic, but I don’t even know what Olmic really even means. If you have an explanation with sources please elaborate.

11. HelloIAmG

The Eye forced Olmic Race go to Dern. Read the Lore from The Final Moments.

12. H0Y

H0Y H0Y HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Welp, I am wrong.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2019
    Dr Zed likes this.
  13. SPYROHAWK

SPYROHAWK Head Grand Theorist HERO

Minecraft:
    Oh boy it's been a while.

Ok so the running theory is still that Bob is of Dernic decent.

HOWEVER there are the mysterious Olms or whatever they are. I was going to do a theory on them, and their possible connections to Dern and Bob, but there simply has not been enough information on that. That was before the Silent Expanse update. If there's new info on them I am not aware of it, and man I really need to get back on Wynn for this stuff

MajorMiner likes this.
  14. e!

e! ⁣e HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I dont think the Olm should be considered Dernic. They were just the inhabitants of some part of Wynn, and were made extinct because of the darkness coming from Dern (silent expanse is also called Road to Dern, but not Dern itself)

15. ocu

ocu penguin gang CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    Thank you for your report.

Bob has been added to the list of endangered species, and is now protected under the United States Wildlife Protection Act. The government thanks you for your cooperation.

16. Violet Knight

Violet Knight Aspiring front-end developer HERO

Minecraft:
    I really want the story of Bob to be revisited in a future update. It's not known why Bob had a Dernic or Olmic parent, is it? And the story about Bob meeting the masters of the classes that Grian posted ages ago is antiquated.

17. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

Only known structure of the Olm out of the Expanse so far are Time Valley, where they were supposedly struck by some sort of cosmic event and seemingly died of unknown causes there, their soul just went straight out of their body, and they mentioned a "it", which could suggest the Dernic Beast may have infected the Olm somehow and they just died later on, I suppose Time Valley's purpose was to reverse the damage done in the Expanse. About Bob's mother, we know her body was corrupted and was reborn as Witherbone, but oddly enough, she seems conscious of her past, which usually happens only to those who wander into the portal. Hmm, the Olm do look different from the people in Lutho, they're not just grey humans, the grey color seems to be a little different, also the Olm lived in the Expanse before it was overtaken by Dern, so their grey skin may as well be biological, also the Ancients and the Abysso Galoshes seem to be no longer canon or are not up-to-date as they're sort of inconsistent, I mean, what's so special about some boots made of Dern stone?
    Excuse me what? When did the Olm ever visit DERN, just because the beast forced the Olm to his domain doesn't mean he shoved them into Dern, there's no context at all about something like this, it's not like that the "Dernic Beast" is gonna have Olm slaves or something
    The Olm were first teased in the Time Valley discovery where a grey-skinned being is lying on the ground, he says in Wynnic "The Olm cannot survive here, it is coming for us." His life force then disappears out of his body in a puff of purple smoke. The Olm are then fully explained in the Silent Expanse discoveries, now imo I think Old Man Martyn is a Olm, Asher says "Are you even human?", possibly teasing something, and his understanding of Time Valley's magic and sometimes usage of it is surprising, because all he says as a excuse is "I've read a book or two"

Last edited: Dec 25, 2019
  18. Theeef

Theeef Self Proclaimed Idiot CHAMPION

Minecraft:
    It never clearly states that Witherhead is bobs mother. It’s probable but not certain.

Haven’t seen the expanse discoveries yet so I can’t comment on the rest.

19. Benjin

Benjin Famous Adventurer

In a discovery near the Decrepit Sewers, you find Bob's biological mother's grave, and there appears to be no corpse, and a trail of black bones leading out of it, and Witherbone's dialogue was changed in 1.17, saying that she couldn't be saved by the humans

20. HelloIAmG

Benjin.. Read the Lore of The Final Moments:

"Shortly after the portal broke into this hidden land, a beast from an unknown realm laid siege to the city forcing the Olm to his domain."

"A Beast from Unknown Realm (Dern) laid siege to the sity
    forcing the Olm to his domain."

The Eye arrived from the Realm of Dern, and forcing the Olm to his domain.

And after the Olm entered the Realm of Dern, they minds became crazy and insane because the Dark Magic of Dern. And they become Ancients.. Enderman-like Creatures.
    Bob is Olmic. Look at the Olmic Skin. And look at the Ancients from WynnExcavation D. Do this two important figures in the Storyline have a Gray Skins? Only Olmic Race have Gray Skin, and DNA of Bob, and DNA of his parents (maybe mother, maybe father) have been mixed, and Human skin + Olmic Skin = Gray Skin. Olmic -> not Dernic. Olmic = Ancients from WynnExcavation Site D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.