Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

SPOILER Spell Warrior Is Real Neat Now.

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Golfbawl, Dec 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior.png
    No boost.png
    Becomes
    Boost.png

I was using this slappy air warrior build:
    https://wynndata.tk/s/r5ieb8

Note that the thread says "if you hit many mobs at once." However, if you combo fast enough, you can sneak in an uppercut to just gain the damage boost even if you're spamming on a single mob.

Very nice buff. However, as of posting this thread, the bash damage bonus does not override the damage boost from war cry. So, if you have war cry's damage bonus, then the bash effect will not activate. I'm pretty sure this is a bug, but I haven't confirmed this yet.

Spell warrior is real neat now.

2. wish

wish I eat pizza upside down HERO

Minecraft:
  3. Asther

Asther idol gaming HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    bruh moment

dead zeffe likes this.
  4. Lego_DW

Lego_DW yeppers HERO

Minecraft:
    the problem with warrior wasnt the damage, its that the damage was spread out and knockback basically fucked it over

5. Goden

Goden Everlasting Excellency HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Still the issue here too, the kb prevents consistent and effective use of the damage buff because you have to chase the mobs to keep using spells really

Hei, Druser and Maximdem like this.
  6. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Yeah, this doesn't really fix spell warrior.

7. Hei

Hei The Black Reaper CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I think balancing is a real challenge for the wynn team this update, the issue with warrior was the knockback from the spells so they buff the damage, the problem with assassin (allegedly) was stun locking so they nerfed the damage. They pull an extremely desperate move to fix spell warrior, didn't work and they not only acknowledged the issue (not an issue) with assassin, but ignored it and went after the damage instead. ????

Mox gang uwu and Jacquie like this.
  8. __Excel

__Excel i like cats VIP+

Minecraft:
    I think that the devs be like "time to fix warrior"
    and then they get the fabulous idea to make it so that every time you use the highest damaging spell, it literally yeets you off the face of the planet.

Oh wait what? the community realized that this is not helpful in any way? Well i guess its time to just multiply the damage (by 1.5).

Wait what? Warrior is bad because it yeets the mob you are fighting into another dimension (aka the arena walls)?
    ehh that dont matter

I mean no hear this post is sarcastic but im serious adding 50% damage after bash doesn't fix warrior please notice the INSANE amount of knockback that you deal it is impossible to kill a single mob in the sky islands even if its underground they will get yeeted out of the side of the island

9. JaydonTheWarrior

JaydonTheWarrior Nerf tanks, buff warrior. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
  10. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Not saying you're wrong that reducing the knockback would help a lot, but in game design if you try to balance things by only removing their weaknesses you often end up with very bland long-term results. That's why we're trying these other things for now

11. Epicness937

Epicness937 Thesead water god. HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Warrior is fun as is, while not great is still fun and i'm glad we are getting changes around what the class is...now assassin on the other hand.....not finding that class very fun anymore.

12. Golfbawl

Golfbawl [] CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I personally found the bash effect to be a really cool addition to warrior. I thought the extra DPS would be a huge benefit to other warrior users (as I found personally that one of the biggest issues of spell warrior was dps, which trailed compared to any other class). However, I can definitely see that I don't face issues that many other warrior users do. It might be because, as an air warrior user, I don't necessarily have to worry about knockback as I can simply move forwards to follow up on my attacks due to increased walk speed.

Either way, the bash effect wasn't just a good buff IMO, but also adds some more dynamic to the class, as it feels slightly more rewarding to do certain spell combos. Before, each warrior spell felt completely disconnected, and none of the warrior spells could be synergized in the same way that ice snake and meteor or escape and arrow shield could be. Even though comboing still feels disconnected, at least there's some incentive to do so.

hppeng likes this.
  13. AlexisPlay

AlexisPlay I'm that one guy who is a guy. VIP+

Minecraft:
    Anybody know the ratio of "seconds of effect by mob touched" ?

14. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I would argue that Warrior's spells have theoretically some of the best comboing in the game, with things like uppercanceling, Charge combos, and Warscream Combos. It's just that the giant knockback of Bash (and also the small radius on first hit) as well as the painfully slow Uppercut makes these really cool combos still mediocre at best.

And yeah in my experience, playing air makes Spell Warrior easier since you can much more easily follow up on missed Bashes.

Golfbawl likes this.
  15. Druser

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    It's nice to at least know that the knockback is recognized as a downside. For some reason it has always been painted as a benefit in the past.

__Excel likes this.
  16. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    I agree that we should keep the flaws, but I disagree that it's really the issue.
    My issue with Warrior is a clear lack of strengths, beyond its basic beefness, and lack of clear direction.
    I see signs, or rather, the skeleton of something that wasn't fully realized when I look at Warrior.
    Its weaknesses aren't distinct enough, and its strengths are a play on at all.

Warrior, attempts to mind you, to play as crowd control. At least, the bash debuff leads me to believe this, uppercut making mobs leave combat leads me to believe this, war screams failed attempt at being an agro spell leads me to believe this, and most of all the massive amounts of knockback leads me to believe this. If I'm wrong tell me outright, but I do believe this was your original attention for Warrior.
    The issue is that none of these attended features actually work. The debuff doesn't do enough, uppercuts design is fundamentally flawed, and the agro system currently at play leads war scream to be useless.

I would like to have an in-depth discussion about all this if your willing to respond. I put a lot of time playing Warrior, and a lot of time thinking about what it could be.
    I personally don't want to eliminate its weaknesses, rather amplify its direction and strengths. My suggestion for example arguably makes a lot of things about warrior worse.
    I made bash do overall less damage, I made it have more rang, so mobs actually go further. I made uppercut last longer, and the only truly viable way to do damage becomes mana intense.
    I made it do less overall dps, however, I did increase the combo potential. Bash now cancels your own velocity, charge now pulls things in, instead of away, and so on. I attempted to make spells have interesting dynamics when used together, like charge, and war scream, one mostly cancels out the other.

17. Jotarou

Jotarou Skilled Adventurer

Totally agree with Jaydon on the fixes

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    Druser likes this.
  18. JaydonTheWarrior

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    This is the change that I made...

19. Jotarou

Jotarou Skilled Adventurer