Dismiss Notice
Wynncraft, the Minecraft MMORPG. Play it now on your Minecraft client at (IP): play.wynncraft.com. No mods required! Click here for more info...

Guide Maex Resource Mine

Discussion in 'Wynncraft' started by Shots, Dec 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shots

Shots Yellow Rose Enthusiast Media HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    If you've done Dwarves and Doguns Part III, you may have noticed you unlocked the "Maex Resource Mine".
    Well, what is this?
    [​IMG]
    For those who can't tell, it's exactly what it sounds like.

Now you may notice the "Miner Pass Merchant" to the side there, and that's because when you walk through the door, this asshole appears and refuses to speak to you unless you have the sacred "Miner Pass".
    upload_2019-12-18_20-38-23.png
    So, you need to buy one from the merchant, and it costs 24eb. Relatively cheap, right? Well uh, we'll get back to that.
    Once you give him your pass and definitely don't break the chat,
    upload_2019-12-18_20-40-8.png
    upload_2019-12-18_20-40-25.png
    (this is one pass usage btw, but spamming your chat is pretty fun), you get to enter the resource mine! What glories lie inside?
    upload_2019-12-18_20-41-53.png
    DIAMONDS. That's what! Upon entering, your immediately greeted with 18 diamond nodes all relatively close together!

But don't worry, I hear your concerns! "This is supposed to be for level 90s!" you scream so loud that your neighbors next door call the cops. But in this same area with the diamonds....there's none other than.....
    upload_2019-12-18_20-46-57.png
    MOLTEN ORE! Not as cool as diamonds, but still pretty neat! Best part is, there's also 18 nodes in the same area with the diamonds to, which means YOU GET TO ACCIDENTALLY MISCLICK DIAMONDS 493.29% OF THE TIME (and no, I did not pull that number out my ass)!
    Also, we have fish,
    [​IMG]
    but like, no one cares about fish anyways (it has 7 nodes).

However, that's not all, because the mine goes deeper. Guess what there is down here?
    [​IMG]
    MORE MOLTEN ORE! In fact, there's only 8 nodes in this area (9 if you count the one over by two diamond nodes), which I guess is supposed to be compensation for not misclicking on diamonds.

Also,
    [​IMG]
    more fish that no one cares about (another 7 nodes).

But then we go even d e e p e r.
    [​IMG]
    .....More fish.....
    8 nodes this time to make it feel special or something.....
    Also, we have this area,
    [​IMG]
    which I feel like they only added for the sole purpose of making fun of people who fell down here, because there is absolutely nothing down here....
    Oh! I stand corrected! Directly to the right of that ss, there's a tunnel, that leads to none other than....
    upload_2019-12-18_21-0-56.png
    HOLY DORA THE EXPLORER ON A FLYING SCOOTER 3 VOIDSTONE ORES? A meta spot if I've ever seen one!
    Also, there's an upper area, with....
    [​IMG]
    oh for god's sake (5 nodes).

So, if I can count correctly, there are a total of 20 diamond nodes (although you'll probably only ever be using the 18 relatively close and not the other two), 27 molten ore nodes (same thing as stated with the diamonds), 27 molten eel nodes (pretty spread out, but still nice), and 3 voidstone nodes (undoubtedly god tier). There's no mobs, either!

So, pretty nice for mining 80-100 and fishing 90-100, right?
    Well uh,
    it costs 24eb everytime you enter the mine,
    so you better pray someone legitimately buys your stuff, otherwise go back to hydra trafficking.
    [​IMG]

tl;dr basically this is a PSA to please join me in gathering on my Shaman the lack of security cameras and hydras to keep me company atm makes me lonely.

But for real, I like that Wynn keeps adding these types of areas (for those who don't know, there one in the Olux swamp as well that you unlock when you complete "The Worm Holes"). It makes it feel more like an actual world with legitimate areas designated for resources and not a cardboard cutout that someone built up. However, I do wish that the price was a bit lower (maybe ~12-16eb), since people will probably just use other, already existing areas to get resources since that price will stack up very, very quickly. Maybe I'm just underestimating prices from molten ore/molten eel/diamond though, since it's obviously been an extended period of time before I've decided to get back into gathering again. I also wish there were simple miner mobs added into the area, since it would make it feel more alive rather than abandoned. There's no indication that the mine would be abandoned, especially considering these buffoons are risking their lives in a much more....
    upload_2019-12-18_21-22-54.png
    "dangerous work environment".

2. Druser

Druser ele defs don't matter HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    Ye that's kind of a giant price for a not that great spot.

3. tig

tig "Because EO parkour killed my grandma, OK???"

Minecraft:
    noones gonna pay 24 EB to enter that especially with tool dura riding up your ass wtf

4. YYGAYMER

YYGAYMER reeeee FW FW HIC Master HERO Featured Wynncraftian

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    this explains CTs haven't played professions on wynn

5. Asther

Asther idol gaming HERO

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    all hail the hydra

6. YoshiAwesome

YoshiAwesome Well-Known Adventurer VIP+

Minecraft:
    what about making the pass a one time purchase for around 1le (should be reasonable)

burble, Crokee, starx280 and 10 others like this.
  7. Bart (MC)

Bart (MC) Ex-Item Maker & Day Counter (MC) CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    How about when you finish D&D pt. 3 and gain access to the mines you just.. get access?

8. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    oh hey i made that

9. Iboju

Iboju absolute swag male CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    ...Did you make it 24eb?

10. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    24eb why? with tool dura, that's gonna be a nightmare

Gogeta, XxBatman99xX, Dr Zed and 2 others like this.
  11. Mac N Cheese Man

Mac N Cheese Man First Official Member Of The Mac N Cheese Club

When you actually do the professions

MajorMiner and Crokee like this.
  12. Crokee

Crokee Nudist poking eyes CHAMPION

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    “Imagine doing professions lmao”
    -@GoulartJJ

Xykeal and GoulartJJ like this.
  13. Quint

Quint least estrogenated scripter HERO GM

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    no no i made the build

Druser likes this.
  14. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    Didn't expect the v̶̢̫̲̱̠̻̺̙͖̣́̊̌ŏ̴̧̢͍̥̬̱͕̬̜͒̽͑̿͛ḯ̸̢̛̗̭͇̪͊͗̔͐̐͒̔̎̑̚̕͘̕ḑ̷̛̛̱̖̤̫̇̈̌͋̏̈͠ to be here, that's for sure.

15. Jbip

Jbip yea QA GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Guild:
    Minecraft:
    tool durability wasn't a thing yet when this was made and we all collectively kinda forgot about it

KiliE2001, MajorMiner, Xykeal and 2 others like this.
  16. btdmaster

btdmaster Famous Adventurer VIP Item Team

Minecraft:
    lmoa

17. one_ood

one_ood c lown VIP

Guild:
    Minecraft:
    nice

18. BqwaOLD

BqwaOLD Famous Adventurer

Minecraft:
    "Tahiti is a magical place."

19. Salted

Salted Game Design & Wynncraft Founder Staff Member Admin GM CHAMPION

Creator Karma:
    Minecraft:
    Should be 16 EB now. Keep in mind however that you can keep gathering even with 0 durability on your tools, you just won't make a profit from it

burble, KiliE2001, BqwaOLD and 7 others like this.
  20. _Kaasblokje_

_Kaasblokje_ Master of the void biome HERO

Minecraft:
    [​IMG]
    With the old system you would have to run back in and out of the cave even more than you currently need to.

This ofcourse is better, but its still a terrible idea, especially considering that there are about no reasons for a player to come back to this cave.

The fishing nodes in this resource cave are simply too few and too far away, let's compare this to already existing molten fishing areas:

In the upper parts of the molten heights, there already is a molten fishing spot with 16 nodes (you will never need more than 13 with the current system), each node is close to eachother and the spot is completely safe.
    So why would I ever fish in this resource cave when the fishing nodes are far away from eachother and especially considering I have to pay each time? There is none, unless you think spending 16 eb every 20~ minutes is worth 30 seconds less travel time, which is already wasted because the nodes are further away from eachother in the cave.

Maybe for mining diamonds? maybe, there are arguably better spots out there. (like near the bandid camp in canyon of the lost), though the quantity and the distance between each node is quite tempting.

Voidstone? Hell no.

Molten ore? Maybe, this spot has more nodes and as far as I know they are close to eachother and the spot is safe, accidentally mining diamonds can be annoying but I am sure you will be able to get used to it after a while, this spot has more nodes than the other mining spots as well, so maybe this could actually be decent, especially considering the old spot where I used to mine molten always had 1-2 nodes too little so I would have to wait 5-10 seconds out of every 60 seconds at level 98+.

So in conclusion, the only reason to ever use this cave is maybe for mining molten ore and maybe diamond ore, the access fee is absolutely ludicrous and instantly makes this resource tunnel not worth it at all, with the way gathering and crafting works right now, you either need all the resources you can get, and thus mining with a broken pick is completely useless, or you waste a very large part of your income from just traveling to your grindspot, or a combination of both of course.

The way it stands right now, this cave is absolutely not worth it because of this access fee, I would consider it fine if it was a one-time purchase for an le for example (what YoshiAwesome suggested) or if the fee would be decreased to at maximum in my opinion to 4 eb every time you enter.

At this point I even question why there is an access fee at the first place, to prevent making gathering too fast/easy? That's the only thing I can really think of right now.

Gogeta, H0Y, Theeef and 10 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.